The Underground discussion

Books to Movies

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Gates (koolaid) For those of you who may have read and/or fans of the immortal series if the book comes to the big screen who would you like to see in the lead role as Damen, Ever

message 2: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Gates (koolaid) I hear Fallen is coming to tbe big screen who should play the lead role?

message 3: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Gates (koolaid) One last comment before I say good night; out of all the books that have went to movies which ones were change so much (what parts you think should have not been taken out of the movie) that it screwed up the movie?

message 4: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 37 comments I would like to see someone new in both spots actually. For fallen I hope Alex Pettyfer gets the lead role. I absolutely hate what they did with Eclipse to me (in my opinion) it was terrible, Bella leaving with Jacob with Edward standing there would have never happened. After that and I seen that in the trailer I was done. I still went to see it though becuase sometimes with trailers they make changes and something end up being taken out.

Beastly I didn't like how they didn't show that the witch was his housekeeper at the end. That was the only thing I didn't like about that.

Dear John was just terrible from the start!

Interview with a Vampire I actually liked the movie better and the same with Bram Stokers Dracula.

I haven't read I am Number Four, hoping that makes the book of the month for August then we all can discuss it.

message 5: by Pitchblack (new)

Pitchblack | 44 comments Mod
I agree with Elaine Twilight 3 sucked and primarily becuase of that. Beastly was cool.

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 26 comments Yep Twilight sucked for me because Bella should never have been played by Kristen Stweart and I feel the same way with Edward.....

I did really enjoy the Harry potter films, I actually see the actors when I reread the books.

message 7: by Azn_seddie (new)

Azn_seddie (svetocha-heroine) | 5 comments Kyra wrote: "For those of you who may have read and/or fans of the immortal series if the book comes to the big screen who would you like to see in the lead role as Damen, Ever"
Robbie Amell as Damen
Ashley Benson as Ever
The rest of my dream cast can be seen here.

As for certain movie versions that changed/screwed....I might have to go with HP5, just cuz it felt a bit rushed. Other than that, I really love the movie version as well as the books.

13 Reasons Why and The Dreamcater Trilogy (aka: The Wake trilogy) might go to the big screen too. Although, I'm not too fond of the actresses attached as the leads: Selena Gomez (13 Reasons) and Miley Cyrus (Wake). Thank goodness it's only the rights that were acquired.

Even though I already thought of a dream cast for the Strange Angels series, I think the idea of a TV version is better than a movie version.........but I'd rather have Hollywood keep their paws off on this series. Besides The Immortals, Strange Angels is the only other book series that should be handled very delicately and in the right way or else I'm gonna have Sergej and Ever visit Hollywood for some blood-sucking and chakra-punching. /Mini rant over. I'm a bit biased/very protective with this one.