The Underground discussion

Best Paranormal Books

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Gates (koolaid) What are the best Paranormal Books or serious and why?

message 2: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 37 comments I am Number Four

message 3: by Pitchblack (new)

Pitchblack | 44 comments Mod
The Immortal Series by Alyson Noel

message 4: by KellBell (new)

KellBell (kell_bell) Vampire Academy. I don't know why exactly but it's one of my favorites.

Midnight Breed & BDB!

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 26 comments Right now it is The Hollow series by Jessica Verday, not really sure why, maybe because it reminds me of sleepy hollow...

message 6: by Azn_seddie (new)

Azn_seddie (svetocha-heroine) | 5 comments Pitchblack wrote: "The Immortal Series by Alyson Noel"

I love this series too. I think Alyson has created a really unique world; I found her use of metaphysics, quantum physics, and past life/karma concepts very interesting. And I've come to really understanding her characters and why they act the way they do. It's been fun following their journey and I can't believe it's over now.

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Souza (bookie_monster) | 6 comments The Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong.
Why: It is extremely well written, the author was dedicated to the plot and the characters, and it showed. It has action, adventure, death, mystery, suspense and even romance. I loved this series heart and soul. It is still one of my top 3 favorite series, even after all of the debut novels I have read this year!

And what I love most about this series is DEREK. He is NOT a handsome dare devil, he is not even particularly attractive until the end of the series when he finally makes a full blown shift. I love Derek and want him all to myself. He doesn't try to be a hero, he just protects the ones he loves<3<3<3!!!

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 26 comments I love Derek!!! Kelley Armstrong writing werewolves is why I fell in love with them.

message 9: by Ms. Twilight (new)

Ms. Twilight Twilight | 44 comments Mod
I may have to check K. Armstrong out

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 26 comments Ms. Twilight wrote: "I may have to check K. Armstrong out"

:)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

There are TONS of freaking awesome paranormal books!
Umm...to name a few:
Vampire Academy
I Am Number Four
Beautiful Creatures
Shiver
Hush, Hush
The Eternal Ones
Night World
and
City of Bones

message 12: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 37 comments Isn't City of Bones going to the big screen

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

yep, indeed it is :]

message 14: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Souza (bookie_monster) | 6 comments Tammy wrote: "I love Derek!!! Kelley Armstrong writing werewolves is why I fell in love with them."

I fell in love with them because of Jacob Black...J.B. has been replaced as my #1 werewolf by Derek Souza!! That's how much I love him!

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Renee (heartsongg) Tammy wrote: "I love Derek!!! Kelley Armstrong writing werewolves is why I fell in love with them."

oh my gosh, i love that series. i was rooting for Derek since day one. felt bad for simon, but thats just how life goes.
out of all the books suggested in this convo, id have to say vampire academy would be the best though. It's unique in so many ways, and i literally had to read all the books back to back because i felt like i was dying when i wasn't reading that series. melodramatic, i know. haha. but i have a STRONG STRONG love for that series, i can't even describe. all series have their weak points where you roll your eyes, but vampire academy is daring and dangerous in every bit of it. definitely read that one. haha hope my ranting helps XD

message 16: by Mockingjay (last edited Aug 21, 2011 09:35AM) (new)

Mockingjay  | 5 comments Hush Hush and Crescendo because they are beautifully written!

The Mortal Instruments
Vampire Academy
Vampire Diaries
Ohhh there are tons I can list out but I would fill 2 pages lol

message 17: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stevie | 4 comments Gotta add:
Fever Series
The Hollows by Kim Harrison Rachel Morgan series
Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs
Alpha and Omega Series by Patricia Briggs
Sookie