Suicide, a no go discussion

Mental health > depression

Comments Showing 1-50 of 149 (149 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Gloria (new)

Gloria  Jackson (PlanetQueen72) | 26 comments This is probably the most well-known trigger for suicide.
Any stories or websites or anything you can find that will help people try to understand depression more, it would be fantastic if you could post it or link it in this thread.

message 2: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) I know that the signs for girls/women and boys/men are greatly differnt most of time and in young childeren it can look the same in both sexes. I don't know all the symptoms so will look into it. ( every case is unique but there are common symptoms)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

ways to find if someone has depression
1) ask
2) if they are sad a lot they may have depression
3) i kinda suffer from it

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Ill put it easy for one of my depressions "subliminal mind F***" -green day american idoit

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

like i said that

message 6: by Carmel (new)

Carmel (CarmelF) Hi I'm new here, hope you don't mind me putting this info in this thread.
This info & website explains depression and other M/H illnesses, as I mentioned in the bi-polar thread, the contact numbers on the site are for Australia only but information is valuable!

What is Depression?
Depression is more than just a low mood - it's a serious illness. While we all feel sad, moody or low from time to time, some people experience these feelings intensely, for long periods of time and often without reason. People with depression find it hard to function every day and may be reluctant to participate in activities they once enjoyed.

Depression is one of the most common of all mental health problems. One in five people (stats in Aust) experience depression at some stage of their lives.

beyondblue aims to provide clear and comprehensive information about depression. This website will take you step-by-step through the symptoms of depression; how to recognise it, how to get help, how to help someone and how to stay well. beyondblue also provides recommendations on where to find additional information and links to other useful organisations.

To find out more about depression, click on the headings on the left-hand menu and/or download beyondblue information resources related to depression.
http://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.as...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

ill put it bluntly every one takes depression every day..... also know as BS.... Its a mater of holding onto the BS and let it grow inside of you and than it consumes you... and you have depression

this was made by me and how i see it

its eaten me once and i need to get out but not enough for a councilor

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) | 125 comments Don't give in. If you allow it to, it will consume you. I used to cut, so I know.

message 9: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 74 comments Mod
I feel insulted. I never give in, I'm one of the most confident people you'd ever meet but I'm sad a lot. There is no reason. I've tried to be happy. You don't know how hard I've tried. Nothing works. I do have times when I'm happy. That's my lucky break.

message 10: by Braden (new)

Braden (dcboy) | 38 comments Mod
that sucks

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Kb same here but I am probably a little bit more happy.... I am problemly not as confident as you

message 12: by KB (new)

Maybe... Im the person who will show uo like Lady Gaga to school if i was allowed.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) | 125 comments And theres nothing wrong with that. If people are going to be...mean, then they are. You can't help it. You just have to hold your head high and try your best to ignore them. I meant no offense when I said not to give in. I'm just saying when the thought comes in your mind to give in, don't listen to it. Remember that things can always get worse. Just pray and thank God (or whoever you believe in) that you lived another day. That you woke up this morning. And try to look on the brightside of things. I know it's hard.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

ill say this again because its true

ill put it bluntly every one takes depression every day..... also know as BS.... Its a mater of holding onto the BS and let it grow inside of you and than it consumes you... and you have depression... Dont let it eat you

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) | 125 comments Also everyone takes it differently. Some brush it off, some act like they brush it off when they're really holding on, some lash out defensively, others keep their heads down and take it.

♫Morgan♫ *composer but never composed* (morgan1123) And for a nice quote on that, "Keep your head high and your middle finger higher." That's how I do it.

♫Morgan♫ *composer but never composed* (morgan1123) ok so usually, i cry myself to sleep every night. but in the past 5 days or so, i didnt cry. i thought i was getting better, that i was going to stop doing it for a while. but no. i realized that it was just pms. well, it's better that it helps instead of hurts, right?

message 18: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) | 272 comments I must have depression...I know my mom has clinical depression, so I might have it too...sucks

♫Morgan♫ *composer but never composed* (morgan1123) most of the time i think i do, then sometimes i'll get really happy for a short while. it's either hormones or i'm bipolar. idk.

message 20: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) | 272 comments just like me. I have rapid mood swings. i can be happy one second and then wildly depressed and suicidal the next

message 21: by 1luvbooks (new)

1luvbooks | 5 comments Depression is mostly distorted thinking....I think. As in, when you are depressed you can't really evaluate everything evenly- the worse seems so terrible and the good is forgettable. Random! I just felt like saying it...that's been my experience of it.

message 22: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) | 272 comments urgh, help me here!

message 23: by 1luvbooks (last edited Jul 09, 2011 05:46PM) (new)

1luvbooks | 5 comments I don't know...how should I help you?

message 24: by 1luvbooks (new)

1luvbooks | 5 comments Cause I'm depressed too...I just posted the double above^^ without reading anything first...

♫Morgan♫ *composer but never composed* (morgan1123) i just finished watching hp7-1 and at the part where dobby says his last words, he says "such a beautiful place to be with friends" and i couldnt stop thinking about how my great-grandmother kept calling everything beautiful when i saw her back in february. please, no foreshadowing, life.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Ah...

♫Morgan♫ *composer but never composed* (morgan1123) yep. she kept calling me and my sister beautiful, and my mom and aunt. and she kept talking about how pretty the border on the room was, how she watched them paint it, and how they used a stencil so there was nothing to it compared to hand-painting it. she's 95.

message 28: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) | 272 comments that's unusual, usually ur parents think ur not depressed, but you are!

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) | 125 comments Itachi wrote: "Itachi wrote: "Jasmine, In Love with Zacky Vengeance wrote: "Well that's good then.

@Itachi you don't?"

Dead"

A few years ago"

Ahh. Both my great grandfathers are dead, and the great grandmother I was closet to died also. I have one great grandparent left

message 30: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) | 272 comments I don't have any! never did...

message 31: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) I'm sorry.

message 32: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) | 272 comments doesn't matter to me.

message 33: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Oh........

message 34: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) | 272 comments never knew them; don't feel sorry for something I never had.

message 35: by Raven (new)

Raven (crystalofunivalia) um...hi..yeah i am depressed and well i dont have much to live for and my friend always tried to help...

message 36: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) | 272 comments neither do I, but my friends don't even know!

message 37: by KB (new)

When I first looked at that I thought it said "there's always nothing to live for"... It confused me. And then I actually read it.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I hide depression no one knows

message 39: by KB (new)

Yeah was told by my friend that she wouldn't k ow I was depressed if I hadn't of told her how I felt about everything.

message 40: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) | 272 comments Aren't we all like that? just hide it all away?

message 42: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) | 272 comments I hide everything.

message 43: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) If any of you need to talk to someone I am willing to listen.

message 44: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) | 272 comments me too

message 45: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) | 272 comments yay!

♫Morgan♫ *composer but never composed* (morgan1123) ME FOUR. awkward...

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) | 125 comments Itachi wrote: "I hide depression no one knows"

That's how I was. If I hadn't come out and told a couple of my closest friends, no one would have even known. It makes me wonder how close they really are if they can't figure that out sometimes....
There were only like 2 who could tell something was a little off but decided it'd be better not to pry. I was the one who helped with problems, not the one who had them. I was the one who gave advice, not the one who needed it.

message 48: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) | 272 comments me too. I think that's why no one's noticed.

message 49: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Sometimes the closet friends don't notice. I went through a rough patch with my boyfriend recently and I am not that big on the who share your feelings thing and i normally don't tell others my business. My bff noticed and pryed a bit but she already knew half the story so she really understood. My closest friend at school didn't notice at all but a couple other people did.

message 50: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (bookspirit99) | 272 comments huh. NO ONE noticed.

« previous 1 3