Vampires, Werewolves, and Zombies. discussion

Zombie books...have any suggestions?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

C.V. Hunt (cvhunt) | 71 comments Mod
I've read the "As the world dies" series, "Dead City", "World War Z", and some others over time. Does any one have any recommendations?

message 2: by Glynn (new)

Glynn James (glynnjames) Have a look at "The Forest of Hands and Teeth" series. It's apparently a YA series, but I enjoyed all three books anyway.

message 3: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

I will have to look into those, I don't think i've heard of them. I'm finishing up Diary of the Displaced. I has some zombies in it and it's not bad. Sort of strange but then again I like strange.

message 4: by Glynn (last edited Jul 08, 2011 02:27AM) (new)

Glynn James (glynnjames) Diary of the Displaced was never meant to be just about zombies. I've had quite a hard hit on the reviews by folks who are zombie fans who are expecting more of what they are used to and like (I'm not knocking this - I'ma zombie fan)
It's part of an entire "otherworld" where there are a lot of different monsters. Several different types of zombies as well. I see diary of the displaced as dark fantasy rather than zombie.

message 5: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

I thought CutterJack was pretty freaky myself. I've actually been thinking of doing a painting of my interprertation of him.

message 6: by Glynn (new)

Glynn James (glynnjames) He freaks me out too. I made that up? O_O
That would be something I'd love to see. I wonder if your interpretation of him is what I have in my head?

message 7: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

My paintings are not that great, but I think I'm going to take a crack at it. If you would like to check out some of my paintings you can find them here. http://authorcvhunt.blogspot.com/p/my...

message 8: by Glynn (new)

Glynn James (glynnjames) Not that great? They look pretty amazing to me.

message 9: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

I'm so disappointed in the second picture. I added photos of the painting I did. I mixed in glow in the dark paint, and with the lights off it looks very cool, but I can not get a good picture of it. My husband says that it makes it look 3D, I have to agree.

message 10: by Glynn (new)

Glynn James (glynnjames) That's wicked! Shame about the second photo not working though. I'm curious as to where he is in the picture. Is that as he walks up the street towards James or did you envision it being elsewhere?

message 11: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

That was the walk up the street int he ruined city. The window in the back ground glows very bright in the dark. I sort of envisioned him flipping the blades like a ninja, twirling them around in front his body and behind his back. I couldn't satisfy myself with his face. I normally don't add that to my paintings, I leave it open, because everyone's fears and monsters have a different face. It gives the viewer a chance to envision it in their own way. But since CutterJack is a specific character and not a generalized fear, I added it. It's not exactly how I saw it, but it gives you a something to build on in your mind.

message 12: by Tasula (new)

Tasula | 4 comments C.V. wrote: "I've read the "As the world dies" series, "Dead City", "World War Z", and some others over time. Does any one have any recommendations?"
How about:
Becker, Robin Brains (a zombie memoir)
Henry, Mark Happy Hour of the Damned
Huff Tanya 4-BloodPact
Kadrey, Richard Kill the Dead
Marion, Isaac Warm Bodies
Sinclair Linnea Down Home Zombie Blues
Waggoner, Tim Nekropolis

message 13: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

I pretty sure Warm Bodies is on my to-read list. I will have to check out the others. Thanks Tasula.

Ashley - The Bookish Brunette (bookishbrunette) | 3 comments As The World Dies is AMAZING!!! Married with Zombies (and the entire series) are freaking fabulous... Rot & Ruin is EPIC... Zombies Don't Cry is SO 'cute' <--- WAY good in a YA 'good' zombie way.

message 15: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

I don't think I've heard of the Married with Zombies before. I will have to look into it.

Ashley - The Bookish Brunette (bookishbrunette) | 3 comments Jesse Petersen! She is FABULOUS!

message 17: by Michael (new)

Michael | 1 comments I liked Forever Zombie by Stan Swanson and Sven the Zombie Slayer by Guy James.

Ashley - The Bookish Brunette (bookishbrunette) | 3 comments Oooh I just got Sven the Zombie Slayer for review!