Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

True Blood > Episode 3: Mine - spoilers!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by laura (new)

laura "Smeagol2" (bittenbyu2yahoocom) | 22 comments Sookie becomes the focal point of a heated dispute between Bill and his more bloodthirsty vampire associates; Sam and Tara find common ground in their current states of romantic affairs; Jason begs Lafayette for help with a personal problem after Dawn kicks him out.

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (sanscosm) | 22 comments sam and tara? no.

lafayette and jason with the blood/dancing deal? no.

sookie and....the steps....in broad daylight? no.

but hey bill looked hot again!

message 3: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I thought Sam and Tara were kind of cute together.

Jason dancing with the mask on was hilarious but so out of character for him. Jason is horny all the time. I seriously doubt he'd have needed vamp blood. He got "soft" because he imagined himself doing the bald vamp with the tattoo! Dawn cussing him out and shooting at the floor was hilarious, though. Jason looks awesome in tighty whities! LOL

I do agree about Sookie and the steps in broad daylight. Sookie did not masturbate in the books, okay? so I seriously doubt she'd be in broad daylight getting it on with herself. Another WTF moment if I've ever seen one.

Overall, I liked this episode. I don't blame Tara telling her mother that it's either me or you, old lady because that's real.

And we get ERIC next week! That guy as Eric is not working for me in the looks department. I really hate dark facial hair on someone with blonde hair (even if it is a wig).

message 4: by laura (new)

laura "Smeagol2" (bittenbyu2yahoocom) | 22 comments I think Sookie is in heat.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 24 comments Well, I can see how she might be in heat.....

I missed the first ten minutes, please somebody fill me in! Came in during the Dawn/Jason scary intruder scene.

message 6: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I mean it's hot in Louisiana, yeah, but she wasn't so sexual in the books. I don't like that feeling herself up crap out in daylight on Bill's steps.

message 7: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Oh, Liam, Malcolm and Diane had Sookie at the door and Bill said let her in. Then Malcolm told Bill he was a liar about only living off the Japanese blood but then they notice that Sookie doesn't have bites and is a virgin in every sense of the world. The guy, Jerry is there and so is Janella. Liam has a hard on from thinking about Sookie's virgin blood (they say it's the next best thing next to baby's blood) and Janella helps him out with that one (blow job). Malcolm tells Bill he can have some of Jerry but Sookie hears Jerry thinking about having Hep D (in the book it's Sino AIDS) and tells Bill before he bites Jerry and of course Diane and the others want to know how she knew but Bill tells them that Sookie is his and to get out. Sookie's all scared of course and asks Bill what Hep D is, he tells her, she's afraid of him and he asks her can he kiss her goodnight and she said no, after them, i couldn't stand it and she takes off.

Next up is Tara and Sam. Basically they are talking about how Sam's in love with Sookie but never told her and how Tara has a thing for Jason but is okay with his status of being unattainable. They talk about personal stuff like the last time either of them had sex and then on Tara's suggestion, they sleep together. You don't see all of that but yeah, Tara wakes up in his bed and he's asleep, snoring/barking as he dreams. Tara leaves.

Bill comes by the house to see Sookie and she tells him she can't see him anymore and why can't she read his mind and he's like cuz i'm dead genius and then she really gets put off!

I think I caught you up pretty good!

message 8: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (sanscosm) | 22 comments one last point: the whole jason/dawn thing...that voice didn't sound anything like jason... kinda weird way for the director to go if you've read the books.

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 24 comments thanks! Yikes, wow. The sex is over the top. And have you noticed how we see EVERY inch of Jason except for those front and center? That's some pretty skillful filming, get everything except.
And as long as I'm being picky, the outside night scenes seem to be shot on a sound stage somewhere with prop trees in the background.

Bill's still hot though. (Although Jason and Sam look enough alike to me that I've gotten confused a couple of times). I like that Anna Pacquin is not a stick skinny chick (probably not a size 10, but at least she's got a rear end). Eric had better be good.

message 10: by laura (new)

laura "Smeagol2" (bittenbyu2yahoocom) | 22 comments Hey who is higher then Eric?

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Wright (rhwright16) The Queen of Louisiana but that doesn't come until much later in the books.

I had a lot of WTF moments with this episode. I mean, CH alluded to Sookie's "fantasies" in the books but I'm not sure about that whole on his front steps thing. I mean, she doesn't even know what she's missing YET! LOL And I DO NOT like Sam with Tara but whatever... I hope it was really a one timer. I wanted to see more Bill in this episode and I really thought we were meeting Eric tonight. He has me intrigued from what I've read in the books (up to #5). I'm interested to see where all this goes because this episode got away from the book more than the others. Still impressed with the show and on the edge of my seat until next Sunday.

message 12: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) The sex is graphic but it's mainly only Jason we see having sex so far. LOL. I wonder if it'll be like that when Sookie and Bill finally do the do. Jason has a great body so I don't mind seeing him and I'd totally be into the sex with him cuz I'm pretty much into what he was doing with Dawn =x but I digress. LOL

The fangs are growing on me even though I still hear them click out. I think everybody's looks different because Diane's looked very different to me when I looked at hers and then Bill's.

And I don't even remember CH alluding to Sookie's fantasties that much and to that extreme. I was like WTF at the imagination scene of Bill and her at his house. I totally thought that was foreal and that I didn't remember it starting that way.

I think Anna is too bubbly for Sookie at times but overall, not bad. I wasn't upset about Sam and Tara. I don't think it'll keep happening and then that leads me to wonder why even have it happen in the first place if they won't take the story anywhere?

message 13: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Sophie-Anne LeClerq is higher than Eric is. She comes in in book 5, I think.

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
I think this was my least favorite episode.

I didn't like the Tara/Sam hook-up and I didn't like how Bill let Sookie be harassed for so long by the other vamps. I remember Sookie going through a lot, but Bill seems to be reacting really slow.

And who is the dog? I thought it was Sam!

message 15: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Yes, there were lots of WTF's during this episode. I still liked it but it definitely deviated from the book a lot.

The Sookie self gratification scenes were odd. I guess they were trying to show the viewers the sexual pull that Bill has on her since she's had his blood.

Sam and Tara, Lafayette and Jason was strange. And what the hell is up with the dog? Sam called him "Brother". Is that supposed to be another shape shifter?

Oh and I dunno about Eric. I just don't think he's going to be hot enough for me.

message 16: by Richelle (new)

Richelle Robinson (sseashell1243) | 15 comments i agree why did he wait so long to defend sookie? that got me mad! no comment on jason dancing for vamps blood. i dont like tara and sam hooking up either. what if soookie reads their mind one day.

message 17: by Jess (new)

Jess (jessartisan) I'm not digging the veering off from the books very much, but I guess it's to be expected. Happened with Dexter, too, but I still love that show.

I'll hang in there and pretend it's not based on the series.

message 18: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I definitely don't think Eric will be hot enough for me! Ah well. I still say Jason Patrick would have been perfect.

message 19: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (aixoise) | 3 comments As of this Episode, I'm afraid all bets are off on the staying very close to canon on the books. I did several "wha...??" faces during this episode knowing that the books went in a completely different direction on certain points. I think we're seeing the real beginning of Mr. Alan Ball flexing those artistic license muscles. Time for me to really start thinking of the show and the books as cousins and less as identical twins

message 20: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Ranata, I looked up Jason Patrick and he has dark hair? I'm curious why you think he'd be a good choice?

There's a Calvin Cline model named Travis Fimmel who is only 22 but he looks just like how I pictured Eric, except a little older.

Here's a website with his pictures http://travisfimmel.tripod.com/

message 21: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 46 comments i agree about travis

message 22: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Jason Lewis is who I meant to say. He was on Sex and the City as Samantha"s boo. Jason Patrick is the Terminator dude, right? LOL

And I agreee about Travis as well.

message 23: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Wright (rhwright16) Interesting slip Ranata, considering he (Jason Patric) was in the Lost Boys.
It's strange but I don't really have a picture in my head of what Eric should look like.

message 24: by Angie (new)

Angie I saw on Barnes & Nobel.com that Harris' books are really selling good right now.

message 25: by Katy-Del (new)

Katy-Del I don't actually have HBO, so I have been highjacking my parent's PVR. I got to watch the first half of the show yesterday between work and picking my kids up from school. And then today I was going to finish watching and it was erased! GASP!

I had to re record it. Last week, my brother took the time to use their dvd player/BURNER to make a disc with the first 2 shows. If I can broker a deal with my Mom, we weill do that some more.

I lose my job next week, so if I am completely unemployed, I will record all the Good Eats episodes and get them off the PVR. That should make her happy.

Travis Fimmel is beautiful!

message 26: by Ranata (last edited Sep 23, 2008 09:47PM) (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) WTF is the Terminator 2 guy's name? Robert Patrick Harris, right? LOL *checking IMDB.com* So yeah, it's Robert Patrick.

This is Jason Lewis: http://adage.com/images/random/absolu..., http://i.ivillage.com/womn/celebs/jas..., http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66...

Hot or not? That is the question. I'll just say remember Eric and the calendar. Those who've read the books will get what I mean. LOL

This is Jason Patric as he was in the Lost Boys: http://www.whataboutmomblog.com/wp-co...,, http://www.the-night.net/lb/lost4.jpg

He'd make a perfect Alcide!

message 27: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (sanscosm) | 22 comments i think joaquin phoenix, though short, would make a good alcide. but we're jumping the gun!

message 28: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Ohh Joaquin..I do have a thing for him so I agree!

Okay, back to boring old Bill. LOL

message 29: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Wright (rhwright16) For those that have read the books...I read somewhere that Vin Diesel is going to be Quinn.
How do you feel about that? I've always kinda thought he was hot but haven't seen him in a while.

message 30: by Richelle (new)

Richelle Robinson (sseashell1243) | 15 comments jason lewis would make a sexy vamp! jason patrick was in lost boys

message 31: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (aixoise) | 3 comments LOL The Calendar!! Think we'll get an opportunity to purchase one?

Hmmm....don't let the other Dark Hunter fans hear you talking about Travis. For most people he's Acheron :)

message 32: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (sanscosm) | 22 comments quinn = the rock in my head. don't know why.

message 33: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) OMG Ranata you are right on both counts! What yummy, yummy men and how perfect for Eric and Alcide. Whew...Jason Lewis is so damn fine.

message 34: by Karen (new)

Karen (mansiongal) | 2 comments Jason Lewis is great for Eric (although I think he would be an even better Acheron!). And I could go for either Rock or Vin Diesel for Quinn.

message 35: by Krista74 (new)

Krista74 | 1 comments I just became addicted to Sookie after I went out and bought the books after seeing the first episode of "True Blood." Now I'm on book 8. I'm finding the show to be kind of slow and I find that there's way too much Jason (out of character Jason) and it's really turning me off. I want to see more Sookie and Bill. I feel that they're dumbing Sookie down a bit, I think she doesn't ramble or blurt things out so much. Also, I don't think Anna Paquin was a good choice. I've always pictured her as being a bit "luminous" and a little fuller figured. Oh well, I'm in way to deep now to stop watching.

message 36: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I have always saw Vin Diesel has a hunk of multiracial hotness. He would TOTALLY work. Him or The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) would be awesome. They are both so hot!!

message 37: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Catherine, I just said the same thing. I just picture Quinn as a mixed race person as well as a weretiger. He was sexy in the book. They need someone sexy to pull him off!

message 38: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Krista, I think we all agree with you when we say Anna was not our imagined Sookie. Sookie seems extremely stupid in the show but not in the book. It's all an act it's not even to that extreme. I think Jason is being portrayed spot on but everyone keeps forgetting that Sookie is telling the story in the books and in the show, they have to give more characters face time. Jason is a hoe. And he's being a big hoe to me. I thought him needed vamp blood to perform was stupid but whatever works for Alan Ball. The books of course are wayyy better.

Damn you read those fast, Krista! I did read them in a year as well but wow!

message 39: by Nicole (new)

The Rock would be better than Vin for Quinn. Quinn was really tall. But don't forget that The Rock is also Ranger for the Stephanie Plum movie! Yumness.

Jason Lewis is too skinny. I always pictured a Fabio type but blonder, more Nordic, modern and better looking.

Gonna look up Travis now...

message 40: by Nicole (new)

HOT DAMN! Yes, he would be perfect. Needs to be more blond and he would have to be really beefed up but yeah, I agree!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments I agree with Nicol Hot Damn Travis would work fine for Eric( although I lie Alex but after the previews I don't think he'd work) Also I rathered have the Rock than Vin play Quinn because Vin's acting sucks. I didn't really mind the veering away from the book because I knew it was bound to happen I wish thaey'd do more of it that way we can keep Lafeyette around when it's his time to go. I love that character.

message 42: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (sanscosm) | 22 comments ranata - so funny about the rock, i dunno why but that's just who i had in my head when i read it. and i just always pictured alcide looking like joaquin phoenix. i think i'll write to alan ball and tell him my ideas. he can put the check in the mail for me, hah. if only there was a way to fit michael vartan and matthew fox in this series, i would be set with the male hotness factor.

message 43: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Joaquin as Alcide would be perfect. He is so gorgeous to me.

I know Eric will not be as hot as I imagined. I still say Jason Lewis or Travis would have worked better but Alan didn't ask us (and he should have!) so I guess I'll deal.

I'll never ben completely sold on Anna as Sookie but oh well..

message 44: by Nicole (new)

I've always pictured Alcide as more lumberjack like and rugged. Joaquin doesn't quite fit that mold. I'm thinking Eric Bana in flannel plaid and nothing else! HOT

message 45: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 60 comments You are so right Ranata. That is my Eric image and JP looks like my picture of Alcide! You should have been the casting director, you missed your calling.
Bonnie

message 46: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Aww, Bonnie thanks! I never even thought about being a casting director. I think I'd be great at picking the songs for strippers to dance to, LOL.

message 47: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Joaquin Phoenix would be a werewolf if I had to pick a supe for him to be. He's perfect as Alcide.

message 48: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 60 comments Alan should Have us all on set
You could be music director. :)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments Nicole I agree Eric Bana was what I was picturing for Alcide as well. He's one of the reasons I watch Troy over and over.

message 50: by Ed (new)

Ed | 1 comments I wasn't a big fan of the Tara/Sam hook-up either. It didn't really add very much for me. The episode was very fast paced.

« previous 1