FABClub (Female Authors Book Club) discussion

Margaret Atwood
This topic is about Margaret Atwood
Archives > Book Selection for July!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (seffietay) To get the ball rolling, the first book FABClub will read together and discuss is Margaret Atwood's The Edible Woman. So grab yourself a copy and post any comments you have below about what you think!

message 2: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (seffietay) The real life meeting to discuss this book, if you are local and interested in meeting in person, will be Sunday July 31st at 1pm in Crab Park (weather permitting). If it's gloomy out we can head to my place instead. Message me if you want to come.

message 3: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (seffietay) Soooo no one is ready to meet today, so it will be rescheduled! If you have finished and would like to comment on Edible Woman you can do so on this thread.

Here is my review: I can’t believe I’m only just getting into the amazingness that is Margaret Atwood. This book was so right up my alley; it was funny without being over the top, it was a work of fiction that incorporated a strong message of feminism, and there were so many things I could relate to in Marian. Early in the book when she was out with Peter, Len and Ainsley and just started running down the sidewalk as fast as she could to get away from them I couldn’t stop laughing. Even better was when she rolled into the crack behind the bed and hid underneath amongst the dust bunnies. It reminded me of a birthday party I went to when I was a kid where I ended up hiding under the girls’ bed because I just couldn’t handle the other girls and their jazzy jewelry anymore. A+!

message 4: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (seffietay) Edible Woman in person meeting rescheduled for Saturday August 20th at 1pm in Crab Park! Be there! :)