The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

BubblesTheMonkey I was wondering... are they going to make a movie out of the series? If they did, it would be super epic.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah, theyre making a movie. comes out in March 2013 i think

message 3: by Ali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali i cant wait to see it!!!!!!
i hope they make it good and not cheesy

Danielle Jenna! wrote: "yeah, theyre making a movie. comes out in March 2013 i think"

It comes out march 2012. It is the highlight of next year!! Movie wise fore me.

message 5: by drew (new)

drew Jenna! wrote: "yeah, theyre making a movie. comes out in March 2013 i think"

2012! Don't prolong it!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

haha! oops :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, Jennifer Lawrence is playing Katniss, Josh Hutcherson is playing Peeta, and Liam Hemsworth is playing Gale. There are some other characters of course, like Cinna whose being played by Lenny Kravitz (I'm pretty confused about that one) and it's being directed by Gary Ross. I'm literally counting the days until I can watch the movie in theaters.

message 8: by drew (new)

drew Well, it's 9 months and a few days. But, on the bright side-it's less than a year!

Esma Asalıoğlu i'm looking to forward see it. the book was awesome i have just finished it 1 day ago and i will start to read the 2nd of it.

message 10: by Yoly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yoly De Sedas I'm really really excited for this movie to come out. The books were simply amazing, but I'm a little concerned about the Liam Hemsworth as Gale choice. He just doesn't look like the Gale the book depicts :(

Becca I hope the movie will be as good as the book. But since Suzanne Collins is working together with the film studio, there is (hopefully) nothing to worry.
And I actually think that Jennifer Lawrence is no Katniss and there are a few other characters which actors simply don't fit the image I had of them. Let's see how it is going to be :)

message 12: by Yumi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yumi i thought that hugh laury would've been great for haymitch but they picked another guy :( and i just looked up lenny kravitz and i'm seriously angry that they picked him for cinna. not a good fit. but if you look up liam hemsworth as gale there are people that have photoshopped him to look like gale and he's actually a pretty good fit.

message 13: by Yoly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yoly De Sedas I also cannot belive AT all that Cinna will be played by Lenny Kravitz... that is just not right

Steve Chaput Certainly not how I imagine Cinna, but I'll be willing to see how Kravitz is in the role. To be honest, Donald Sutherland is about as far from the discription of President Snow as you get.

Grace ONE OF MY MOM'S FRIENDS SAYS THEY ARE GOING TO GET AN ACTOR THAT GETS ARRESTED FOR POSSESSION TO PLAY HAYMITCH! SORRY IT'S ON CAPS LOCK

Grace Yoly wrote: "I'm really really excited for this movie to come out. The books were simply amazing, but I'm a little concerned about the Liam Hemsworth as Gale choice. He just doesn't look like the Gale the book ..."

thank you ! am i one of the only ones that noticed that?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Vickie I think that the movie will probably be good. I think that it is better to pick actors for more than if they look like the character.

Juliet Bronte wrote: "I was originally doubtful (actually, annoyed) with the casting of Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss. However I found a picture of her AS Katniss, and she's almost exactly how I imagined Katniss to look...."

I agree with everything except I think the actor who will play Haymitch is perfect for the role, I have seen him in other movies and he is great.

Elisabeth Oh! This is exciting! I enjoyed the book; I think it's great material for a movie :]

Steve Chaput Juliet wrote: "Bronte wrote: "I was originally doubtful (actually, annoyed) with the casting of Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss. However I found a picture of her AS Katniss, and she's almost exactly how I imagined K..."

Yeah, check out Woody Harrelson in Natural Born Killers, Zombieland or other films. The guy can easily pull off Haymitch, although I had imagined him a bit older.

Mattie I found out that the movie wont come out for a while. I I'm so siked I really can't wait cus I want to see it so bad!!!!!!!

Mattie I am a big fan of the book and the casting for katniss is perfect when the actor wears makeup of course without she looks nothing like her!!!!!! but thats the magic of makeup but her eyes are the wrong color!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

~*Elizabeth*~ Woody Harrelson is going to be Haymitch? Now I want to see this even more! He is an amazing actor!

BubblesTheMonkey Yay!!!!!!!!! :)

Juliet ~*Elizabeth*~ wrote: "Woody Harrelson is going to be Haymitch? Now I want to see this even more! He is an amazing actor!"
IKR!!

message 26: by Bee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bee I'm interested to see how they're going to pull it all off. I'm looking forward to it. :]

MizziQ Me too

message 28: by Witchy (new) - added it

Witchy me 3

message 29: by Madeline (last edited Jul 09, 2011 03:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madeline me 4 :)

Maxine i think the person who is playing katniss looks to old but exactly how i imagined her

Maigan I really hope they don't screw it up. I will cry if they do. They already have actors that don't seem to look like the characters, based on how Suzanne Collins described them...oh well I don't have control over everything, as much as I would like to...;)

Lincoln So the entire book takes place in Katniss's head...how are they going to change the perspective of the film so that her emotions are expressed in film. I think they will treat the theater audience like the audience watching from the capital...Otherwise I believe a lot of the film will be akin to Cast Away...An individual trying to survive in the arena with bursts of terror when she comes upon a tribute.

-May the odds be ever in your favor

Mattie There not going to dye petta's hair in the movie!!!!! its going to be brown!!!!!!!!! ugh...! :'(

Madeline noooooooooo!

Abigail Tong yeah, the pictures of josh's "blonde" hair is actually just brown. LET DOWN.

Ashlyn Can't wait for the movie!!!!!!!!!!!

Dillan i hop the move in not chessey

Mattie Abigail wrote: "yeah, the pictures of josh's "blonde" hair is actually just brown. LET DOWN."

i am soo... angry there making keeping his hair brown!!!!!

MizziQ I'm sad about it

Mattie yeah that too

MizziQ Haha! I thought it looked okay. I mean it didn't look NATURAL, but it did look intresting. I would have liked them to have the same hair color if they could.

Mattie yeah

Claudia okay jennifer laurence is a good actress but katniss has olive skin and is a brunet it's just wrong

Claudia why dose it have to come out in 2012???

KatieBookQueen I'm annoyed about Josh's hair too :(

Dristi Can't wait to see it in the theater!!

Madeline me too!!!

Mattie jennifer laurence is all makeup affied so she looks pretty close to the real thing

message 49: by Acey (new) - rated it 4 stars

Acey i thought jennifer lawrence is a tad bit too old to play katniss, but she's ok.

other than JL, who would've you guys wanted to play as katniss?

Mattie well I think that the lady who played jack blacks new "girlfriend" would have been perfect if she was like 15 years younger.... other than that they would haft to find younger actors to play that part but they couldn't cus it would have been to terrifying to see children die...

« previous 1