Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Cheryl's June

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments I've really fallen behind with my monthly reads for June.

The Athena Project Brad Thor audio I really liked the parts of the book about a female team, but Parts of the book "lost" me. 7.5

Do or Die Barbara Fradkin Met Barbara at LCC, led by a friend who absolutely adores her. The book is just okay although it is first in series. I'm not actively searching for more. 7.5

The Walk Lee Goldberg Kindle A special Kindle offer. Major LA earthquake as MC tries to walk home through the city. I loved the background Lee brings in through his TV experiences. 8

Bury Your Dead Louise Penny I do like this author and her series. 9

Mystery Jonathan Kellerman audio I almost always listen to Kellerman's books read by John Rubenstein. I still enjoy them. 8

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt Beth Hoffman A "sweet" book for a book club. If you like THE HELP, you'll probably like this. 8.5

The Borgia Betrayal Sara Poole. An ARC for review with First Impressions. I find the Borgias interesting, but the author really lacked the historical voice. It sounded much to modern to me in language and perceptions. 7.5

message 2: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Though I like Lee Goldberg's writing, I'm afraid The Walk would be just too close to reality for someone living in earthquake country. Of course, I also spend the rest of my time dreading hurricanes and so I can't read about Katrina either. I do like to read about snowstorms ;-)

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments Marcy said,
I do like to read about snowstorms ;-)

Living near Buffalo makes that a little too close for comfort for me. :-D

message 4: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Marcy wrote: "Though I like Lee Goldberg's writing, I'm afraid The Walk would be just too close to reality for someone living in earthquake country. Of course, I also spend the rest of my time dreading hurricane..."

Same here Marcy. We've had about 2 weeks of temps. in 100 + temps. I wake up at 7 a.m. and it's already 80 degrees. We are lucky if our lows for the night hit 78. But, hey, as they say, "It's a dry heat"
We do have very low humidity, which is a problem with the fires that keep breaking out. I just don't know how the Texas Rangers can play baseball, Friday's game was the hottest yet for them. First pitch was 105 degrees.

message 5: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments I also can't imagine doing that much in the extreme heat. Keep hydrated and stay cool!

message 6: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 19 comments Here's one of my technologically challenged type of questions. If I want to download music to play on my Kindle do I have to have a separate MP3 also? I just haven't gotten around to getting one.

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14619 comments Karen:
I haven't done it or studied the process, but would expect that the answer is that no additional hardware would be needed; but if the Kindle reads MP3 files, you may need convert your music to that format with the software already on your computer.
Karen B wrote: "Here's one of my technologically challenged type of questions. If I want to download music to play on my Kindle do I have to have a separate MP3 also? I just haven't gotten around to getting one."

message 8: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 180 comments Cheryl wrote: "Bury Your Dead Louise Penny I do like this author and her series. 9

..."

this is my new favorite series....I'm waiting for the new one at the end of August.