Crazy Sanity discussion

Book Discussions > Granny Panties

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Hilary (new)

Hilary (hmendel) | 7 comments Mod
First off, I just gotta say I loved the title of this one. I also found it interesting since it was set in Fredericksburg and Austin. I think we could all relate to the small Texas town feel of the relationships between the characters. Even Kaylee's cousin was from Corpus. I just thought it was cool that I actually knew the places being mentioned in a book for once. Maybe that's just me though.

I do think that the ending was a little anticlimactic though. It was weird because I stopped reading right before the whole surfing accident, and then when I was ready to get back into it, it was like all of a sudden everything is resolved and everyone gets a happily ever after. Just felt a little rushed I guess. Again, maybe that's just me though.

message 3: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (brileigh) | 4 comments Mod
This book was captivating. I read the entire thing in three hours!! I just love Willie! She was so ‘real’ and it was easy to know what she was feeling and having to go through. When she didn’t realize that her fiancé didn’t love her, it was heartbreaking but spot on. Love really can blind you and you don’t know what you’re really facing because all you know is that you love that person. Willie had no idea what kind of relationship she was in. But by the end, she really was able to know and experience true love with someone that was good for her and realize that her ex was not right for her at all.

I also LOVE Willie’s best friend, Stephanie. The antics that those two got into were great to follow. They even got Quinn in on some of them. But the fact that Stephanie and Willie remained close no matter how far apart they were geographically was touching. They were always there for each other and knew when the other needed them. A true best friends story.

I also enjoyed the ‘rags to riches’ storyline. Willie went from being overweight and in an abusive relationship to working out, meeting a great guy, losing weight, and feeling fabulous. Her career even takes off from the small town restaurant to an awesome job in Hawaii! It kind of made me reflect on my own life. It made me feel that even though I’m not where I want to be, things can change in an instant and by next week my life could be completely different, in a good or bad way. It made me remember that you’ve got to live in the moment and enjoy every day! In all, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more by this author!