Mystery Lovers! discussion

Random Chatter > How Many

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph-Daniel Peter Paul Abondius (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:12AM) (new)

Joseph-Daniel Peter Paul Abondius (bookaholic203) How many books have you read of your favorite author and what were they?

message 2: by Lady In Red (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:12AM) (new)

Lady In Red | 2 comments I have really pretty much all of her books over the years..But it's been a long time and I am thinking that I should go back and read them again...:-)

message 3: by Miki (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:14AM) (new)

Miki | 3 comments I read Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone 6 times. This story got me hooked on reading the other stories in the Harry Potter series. If you love fairy tales,then read Harry Potter books.

message 4: by Sophy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:32AM) (new)

Sophy | 4 comments Agatha Christie, approximately 80.

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:32AM) (new)

I read all the books when I find an author I like. I try to go back and read them in order, because sometimes it matters- Someone like Martha Grimes writes very interesting, literary mysteries, and I think I enjoyed reading them in the order she wrote them. I also tend to read the non-series stuff by authors I like

message 6: by Judub (new)

Judub | 12 comments I am as obsessed as you, Sarah. When I find an author I like, I would read all of his/her books, in order if it is a series.

message 7: by Rob (new)

Rob McMonigal I think I've probably read every Sherlock Holmes story at least once, there may be one or two I've missed.

I've read about 5 Tony Hillermans, but that's about it for the genre.

Non-genre, I've read most of Mark Twain's works and I'm working my way through Atwood, a two year project I estimate since I like to space them out.

I generally don't read more than a book or two by any author because there's just so much to read!

message 8: by kathy (new)

kathy nordquist | 2 comments i have the book"Agatha Christie Hercules Poirot's Casebook", 860 pages, smallish print, dust jacket has shelf ware, i am willing to trade it for about anything i have not read. contact me at knordquist@frontiernet.net

message 9: by Lawriter (new)

Lawriter | 13 comments I've read all 13 of Stephen J. Cannell's mystery novels in the Shane Scully Series. The latest one is called Three Shirt Deal: http://www.threeshirtdeal.com/

message 10: by Drummy (last edited Jan 22, 2008 04:46AM) (new)

Drummy | 2 comments Hilary Norman is my favorite author and I've read seven of her books. Am reading "Last Run" now which is her latest book. So far I've read, Chateau Ella, Shattered Stars, Laura, Spellbound, The Pact ( my favorite ) and The Key to Susanna. Hilary Norman is an English author but her books take place in many countries. I find her writing to be so entertaining,and full of suspense. She paints a scene with words that is not boring or longwinded. Just enough for the reader to get it without having to be over descriptive. I'm not going to stop until I've read all of her books!

message 11: by David (new)

David (mugsynoir) | 14 comments I've read all the Conan Doyle Sherlock stories and a couple of the others. I've read all Tony Hillerman's Chee/Leaphorns (18) and all Michael Connelly's (19). I'm a couple behind on James Lee Burke in both series (15 of 20). My favorite recent find is Charlie Huston and I've read his Hank Thompson trilogy and his standalone, and one of his vampire detective Joe Pitt series.

I've read most of Sue Grafton's Kinsey Milhone series, but have a couple missing at the beginning and the last two. I've read about ten of the Lawrence Block Matthew Scudder series, so have about six to go.

I know what you mean Trebro, the more authors you find and like, the harder it is to stay up with old favorites.

Dave

message 12: by David (new)

David (mugsynoir) | 14 comments Oh, and how could I forget John Sandford - both his Kidd and Lucas Davenport series? I've read all but the last Lucas book.