Indie Book Collective discussion

What's New > Free promotional opportunity from the prmier indie fiction magazine for IBC members

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Lance (douglance) | 12 comments First, I want to say thanks for being such a great group of smart and social people. I've learned a lot from this group and I'm here to give back.

I am the editor-in-chief of eFiction magazine. A medium sized fiction magazine. We serve 1000+ readers each month from our website, as well as 350 subscribers to our Kindle version.

We are offering free ad space for members of this group. Anyone who has self-published their book through Amazon, B&N, Createspace, etc. can participate. To get your ad in our next issue, send a 1250 x 1650 pixel image ad to editor@efictionmag.com. I will respond to you quickly upon receive your ad

Also, we are open to book reviews from indie authors. Review copies can be sent to our resident book reviewer Essie, by emailing essie@efictionmag.com. Mention my name to make sure she doesn't think you are a spammer.

In addition, we publish short stories of less than 5000 words from every genre. We would love to publish your stories and do a review and ad. They are not mutually exclusive. Go here to submit a story: http://efictionmag.submishmash.com

Finally, we have a small workshop and writers hangout spot called Authors which you can visit here: http://authors.efictionmag.com

I hope you get involved with eFiction. And I look forward to hearing from you soon. Please feel free to ask me anything.

message 2: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Lance (douglance) | 12 comments B.E. wrote: "Thank you for the support for the Indie community!"

You're welcome! :)

message 3: by David (new)

David Brown (davidmbrown) | 11 comments Hi Doug - what a great idea. Thanks for giving us this opportunity!

message 4: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Lance (douglance) | 12 comments David wrote: "Hi Doug - what a great idea. Thanks for giving us this opportunity!"

I forgot to mention that previous books who have advertised with us reported sales of 45 books directly from the magazine.

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Douglas (valeriedouglas) | 6 comments Wow, that's wonderful!!! This is great.

message 6: by Marsha (new)

Marsha Moore (marshaamoore) Hi Doug,
I've bookmarked and will be in touch later. Thanks lots for the opportunity.

message 7: by M. (last edited Jul 07, 2011 12:38PM) (new)

M. (meddiemc) | 1 comments Echoing the thanks of authors, and Hi, all. (the "M." here is short for M. Edward McNally. Awkward, I know.)

EDIT: So if I typed "authors" in place of "others," is that just a typo or does it qualify as a Freudian Slip?

message 8: by Lia (new)

Lia Fairchild | 3 comments Wow, these all sound like great opportunities. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Lia Fairchild

message 9: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Lance (douglance) | 12 comments You're welcome guys! Look forward to hearing from you.

-Doug

message 10: by Candy (new)

Candy Little (candy-ann) | 2 comments Do the review copies have to be paper books? Or can I send ebooks?

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy Tupper Thanks Doug!

message 12: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Lance (douglance) | 12 comments Candy wrote: "Do the review copies have to be paper books? Or can I send ebooks?"

Ebooks are fine, Candy. Thanks!

message 13: by Judy (new)

Judy Croome (judycroome) Great idea! Thanks for the opportunity Doug, I'll be in touch asap
Judy, South Africa

message 14: by Candy (new)

Candy Little (candy-ann) | 2 comments Okay, thanks!!!

message 15: by Melissa (last edited Jul 08, 2011 07:14PM) (new)

Melissa Conway (melissaconway) Hi Doug,

eFiction magazine looks great, and your offer of free ad space on the site and a review is beyond generous. I've already registered and checked out the latest issue. I have quite a few friends who write short stories, so I'll be sure to point them your way.

Working on an ad for my latest book now...

Melissa

Edited to ask: What size will the ads be so I can calculate font size visibility? Thanks!

message 16: by Esther (new)

Esther Jno-Charles (estherjnocharles) | 63 comments Wonderful gifts to Indie authors. Thanks. Is the review free as well?
Esther

message 17: by Lia (new)

Lia Fairchild | 3 comments Would it be possible to point us in the direction of some sample ads so we can get an idea of what to do?

Thanks.

message 18: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Lance (douglance) | 12 comments Hey authors!!

The issue is set to release on Monday, August 1st. So if you sent me an ad, make sure to either check the site and subscribe, follow us @eFictionMag, or http://www.facebook.com/efiction to be alerted as soon as the new issue goes live. You won't want to miss it!

Thanks so very much for making this issue the best ever.

All the best,

Doug

message 19: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (scpennington) Are those of us who are signed with small indie publishers also included in your generous offer, Doug? Sounds like a fantastic opportunity.

Sharon

message 20: by Douglas (last edited Jul 31, 2011 10:35AM) (new)

Douglas Lance (douglance) | 12 comments Sharon wrote: "Are those of us who are signed with small indie publishers also included in your generous offer, Doug? Sounds like a fantastic opportunity.

Sharon"

Yes they are Sharon. We support all authors who are indie-minded. :)

If you can get it to me in the next couple hours it can even go in the August issue. Otherwise it will be on top of the stack for September.

message 21: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Rozzlynn (TracyRozzlynn) | 10 comments Thanks for the great opportunity.

message 22: by mountainmama (new)

mountainmama (jcallenbooks) | 60 comments Doug wrote: "Hey authors!!."

Doug, I just got a chance to look at your emag. What a great site! You've done a beautiful job. I know I missed August, but maybe I can get something together for you for September.

Thanks for letting us know!

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Kernochan (professorbunny) | 7 comments Thanks for setting this up, and taking the time to support the self-published and indie authors.

message 24: by Spencer (new)

Spencer Brokaw | 16 comments Thanks doug, I'm 12 and could use the publicity for my novella. I will be sure to send an email!

message 25: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Lance (douglance) | 12 comments mountainmama wrote: Doug, I just got a chance to look at your emag. What a great site! You've done a beautiful job. I know I missed August, but maybe I can get something together for..."

Sure thing. Thanks!

Tracy wrote: "Thanks for the great opportunity."

Welcome!

Sarah wrote: "Thanks for setting this up, and taking the time to support the self-published and indie authors."

You're welcome!

Spencer wrote: "Thanks doug, I'm 12 and could use the publicity for my novella. I will be sure to send an email!"

Look forward to it!