City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

Who will play the amazing Magnus Bane??

Comments Showing 1-50 of 105 (105 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Anna McGonnell Who know who is playing the great Magnus Bane???? The actor of actress has to be a really good actor or actress....who could it be????? Who do you think it is???

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

While I read I pictured Adam Lambert (yes, I know he's Asian but still, he's hot) or that main singer from Tokio Hotel.

Yasmeen i also pictured him close to the guy from Tokio Hotel

Yasmeen but he isnt an actor so who in the hollywood world looks like Magnus...?

Dawn Hale yeah that guy from Tokio Hotel

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

If I could choose one actor in all of Hollywood to play him, I would choose Johnny Depp. Mainly because I know that he could pull it off

message 7: by Sky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sky Jenna! wrote: "If I could choose one actor in all of Hollywood to play him, I would choose Johnny Depp. Mainly because I know that he could pull it off"

Very true!

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Jenna! wrote: "If I could choose one actor in all of Hollywood to play him, I would choose Johnny Depp. Mainly because I know that he could pull it off"

yea he would be perfect!!! i love johnny depp cuz hes an awesome actor and would be the best person for magnus though waching him make flirt with another dude would be super creepy

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

It would be super creepy, but he could definitely pull it off. I mean, he always does good with the weirder roles, like Jack Sparrow and The Mad Hatter. So yeah, I think he'd do a fantastic job :)

message 10: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna McGonnell ♥Sky♥~Jar Of Hearts In Your Arms~ wrote: "Jenna! wrote: "If I could choose one actor in all of Hollywood to play him, I would choose Johnny Depp. Mainly because I know that he could pull it off"

Very true!"

That is what i thought when i found out they were making the movie.

message 11: by purplemunchkim (last edited Jul 05, 2011 01:00AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

purplemunchkim I think I've answered this in another thread and my answer is still the same. I think Darren Criss would make a great and sparkly Magnus Bane.

Photobucket

Plus he's half asian... so yeah. :)

Nurlely I think I will be freaked out to have Johnny Depp as Magnus Bane. He is an awesome actor I think he is way too old as Magnus Bane. Magnus is 800 years old warlock but his appearance is twenty-ish. I could not picture him flirting with someone not yet 20 years old.

Darren Criss is okay to play Magnus if he is taller. Magnus is tall and skinny. Darren could be skinnier than he is now, but his height needs some camera trick.
Shannon Kook-Chun is one amongst the candidates.

Yasmeen omgg Darren Criss is awesome..yes he should play Magnus ^.^

message 14: by Jena (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jena Johnny Depp is way to old to play Magnus. Even though magnus is 800 years old or so, he only looks around 19. Johnny Depp could not pull that off.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Darren Criss would be perfect.

Andre and Sophie I think Adam Lambert would be a fantastic Magnus. But ultimately nobody can fit his shoes! He's to fantastic!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Jena wrote: "Johnny Depp is way to old to play Magnus. Even though magnus is 800 years old or so, he only looks around 19. Johnny Depp could not pull that off."

Yeah that's completely true. I was just saying that he could pull it off with his acting abilities. I completely forgot about his age :)

Nurlely Adam Lambert is Magnus Bane if the camera could make him a bit asian and he needs to lose some weight too....:)

Andre and Sophie ohh burn! No, I'm jk. But, yeah. I keep forgetting Magnus is asian. And Adam is what I would call healthy. Magnus is skinny.

Nurlely The skinny part does not need lot of effort. The asian part is difficult. Too bad though, since Adam Lambert can act...

message 21: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe I'd personally love to see Johnny Depp as Magnus!!

maddie eh....i think of magnus being more ........mucsley then johnny depp

maddie eh....i think of magnus being more ........mucsley then johnny depp

Nurlely Johnny Depp could put some muscles on but not the age. He is way too old as Magnus. He is even older than Valentine...:)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Nurlely wrote: "The skinny part does not need lot of effort. The asian part is difficult. Too bad though, since Adam Lambert can act..."

adam lambert creeps me out i dnt y he is just creepy wierd

maddie yah, but hes not THAT creepy.....just weird lol.

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ he still gives me the chills

Andre and Sophie um... you think adam lambert is creepy. lol

Nurlely Adam Lambert is weird but how is he creepy?

Ela I've always pictured Magnus as Adam Lambert....

Krista Jenna! wrote: "If I could choose one actor in all of Hollywood to play him, I would choose Johnny Depp. Mainly because I know that he could pull it off"

I agree with Johnnt Depp 100%

Kania I think Bill Kaulitz will be great Magnus Bane, but beyond that i love Bill's brother Tom Kaulitz.. :)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Nurlely wrote: "Adam Lambert is weird but how is he creepy?"

i dnt no hes just creepy in my opinion

Andre and Sophie kania wrote: "I think Bill Kaulitz will be great Magnus Bane, but beyond that i love Bill's brother Tom Kaulitz.. :)"

Actually, I just googled him. He would be a good Magnus. Except I had to actually go on the wikipedia page cuz I wasn't sure if he was a boy or not.

Maddie Despite the unasian-ness of Johnny Depp HE WOULD BE FREAKING AMAZING!! Johnny Depp does so well in kooky roles. Not really fussed on singers acting, and knowing Adam lambert, he would completely destroy magnus

Maddie Sophie wrote: "kania wrote: "I think Bill Kaulitz will be great Magnus Bane, but beyond that i love Bill's brother Tom Kaulitz.. :)"

Actually, I just googled him. He would be a good Magnus. Except I had to actua..."

Haha me too. He is a VERY feminine looking guy. He could be good though. Perfect hair and eyes

Andre and Sophie Yeah! That's what I was saying. Cuz he kinda had an Asian look. But to be honest I was kind of attracted to Magnus. I mean, I know he's gay (they always are) but I still like liked Magnus.

The thing with that guy was he looked to girly for me to really like him like that. *sigh*

Maddie Sophie wrote: "Yeah! That's what I was saying. Cuz he kinda had an Asian look. But to be honest I was kind of attracted to Magnus. I mean, I know he's gay (they always are) but I still like liked Magnus.

The ..."

Hey me too! If I had to date any character from TMI he would be the one. And hes not gay, hes bi. . . we still have a chance. And with the Kaulitz guy, he was supremely feminine. You can still tell Magnus is a guy in the book. . . my imagination haha

Andre and Sophie OMG! You're right! But isn't Alec trying to find away to be immortal to be with him 4ever? *pout* Usually Alec is one of my favorite characters. But DIE, Alec! IF YOU DON'T MAGNUS WON'T BE SINGLE!

Nurlely I will take any actor to play Magnus Bane. Adam Lambert or Johnny Depp. Mine is Jace and Will. Other characters are less important...:)

Andre and Sophie Mine are Alec, Jace, Isabelle (she has character, you can't just let any old hick play her. she's special!), and believe it or not Luke.

Nurlely Jace and Will for me. I do not think I love other characters.
The book which I love all the characters is The Iron King series. From the adorable Ash to Leah, Grimalkin to Razor. I even love the third person in the story. Puck is the best third character ever!

Daric Christensen I think the actor for Magnus Bane should be the actor who played Aro in the twilight movies.

Andre and Sophie Yeah, I saw some of his scenes over my friends shoulder and he looked sooo ADORKABLE! That is one of those books where it is hard to pick a team. And not because they're both crappy guys, but because they're both GREAT guys.

Andre and Sophie Daric wrote: "I think the actor for Magnus Bane should be the actor who played Aro in the twilight movies."

Michael Sheen. Hmm.. That is an interesting thought. What do you think Nurley?

Nurlely I love having Michael Sheen as Aro. He is perfect! I was surprised when he was cast as Aro, considering he was a were in Underworld movies. But Michael Sheen could pull Aro pretty well. Dakota Fanning also played handsomely. Others were average.

Andre and Sophie OOH BURN TWILIGHT ACTORS! lol, jk.

But I like Michael Sheen. He's cute! But I don't think he could pull off as flamboyant a gay guy as MAGNUS BAYNE! And he's not Asian.

Lauren Kim Jea wrote: "I think I've answered this in another thread and my answer is still the same. I think Darren Criss would make a great and sparkly Magnus Bane.

Plus he's half asian... so yeah. :)"

DCriss for Magnus!!!!

Andre and Sophie NO! Magnus is super tall. I imagine at about 6'5" not 5'8"!

Lauren Sophie wrote: "NO! Magnus is super tall. I imagine at about 6'5" not 5'8"!"

there's an easy way to rectify that.

Cast a super-short Alec and he'll look like a giant!

« previous 1 3