The Mortal Instruments Series LOVERS! :P discussion

The Books > Bone City and Silent City

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sofie (new)

Sofie (soffigof) | 17 comments Would anyone care to explain Bone City and Silent City, it's been a long time, and I have just started on COFA, so when the mention of Silent City and Bone city came up, I was a little lost. But I know that Silent Ciy is where the Silent Brothers are. So feel free to deepen. - Thanks ;)

message 2: by Morning (new)

Morning Star (imdafemaleneo) | 107 comments how to explain such a great book. ah. lol just re read it!!

Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥ (NushiiiMellark) | 5 comments i have no idea what bone city is but yeh silent city is where the silent brothers are isnt it some sort of temple thing? LOLOLOL that was so helpfull im amazed at myself ;)
lol in other words, I CANT REMEMBERRRR ahhhh i need to reread them.

message 4: by Morning (new)

Morning Star (imdafemaleneo) | 107 comments the silent city is under ground EVERYWHERE lol. an its walls are made of the ashes of shadowhunters that died cuz there ashes still have some kinda protection in them.

message 5: by Sofie (new)

Sofie (soffigof) | 17 comments Okay.. Thanks, that sort of helped xD, but yeah I think have to re read them ;).

message 6: by Morning (new)

Morning Star (imdafemaleneo) | 107 comments lol happy to be of any help!

message 7: by Sofie (new)

Sofie (soffigof) | 17 comments ;)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

i never really paid mush attention to it

message 9: by Morning (new)

Morning Star (imdafemaleneo) | 107 comments lol. why not?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

idk, i just dont think much about it maybe i didnt get confused or something so it didnt stick to my mind much :D

message 11: by Morning (new)

Morning Star (imdafemaleneo) | 107 comments lol it happens. ^.^

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

yes it does :)

message 13: by Sofie (last edited Jul 08, 2011 09:33AM) (new)

Sofie (soffigof) | 17 comments Hey guys, while I have you here, how far are you in the series, Clockwork... counts, I could use some advice, if you have read Clockwork Angel and COFA?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

ive read all the ones that are out now.
TMI and ID love them ha ha

message 15: by Sofie (new)

Sofie (soffigof) | 17 comments Okay, well I sort of started on Clockwork and then, I lent it on the library, but then I had to return it, and wasn't done, then COFA came with the mail, and I started on that one. Now I have bought Clockwork, and I've read like 200 page, so my question is should i finnish Clockwork first, or just continue Cofa? :)

message 16: by Morning (new)

Morning Star (imdafemaleneo) | 107 comments finish clockwork!!! its important!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Sofie wrote: "Okay, well I sort of started on Clockwork and then, I lent it on the library, but then I had to return it, and wasn't done, then COFA came with the mail, and I started on that one. Now I have boug..."

it really does matter but i would read clockwork angel first :D then get to CoFA

message 18: by Sofie (new)

Sofie (soffigof) | 17 comments Okay, if you agree on same, then there's gotta be something about it, I'll do so. Thanks :)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

ur wellcome :D

message 20: by Morning (new)

Morning Star (imdafemaleneo) | 107 comments lol no need to thanks. we book readers have to stick together know, ^.~

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

lol yeah

message 22: by Sofie (new)

Sofie (soffigof) | 17 comments Agree xD

message 23: by Loussin (new)

Loussin | 4 comments Hey guys check out my CofB review! :) http://thedustybookshelves.blogspot.com/

message 24: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (cammieb) | 12 comments I don't know if you still wanna know, but as far as I got it, the Silent City and the City of Bones is the same place. It is called the Silent City because it is where the Silent Brothers lives, but also because it's the place where all Shadowhunters are buried, and, being dead, they obviously can't make noises - unless they're ghost. Therefore.. By those who "fear" the death it is refereed to as The Bone City while the more official name is The Silent City..
This is only how I understood it, it might be a little off, but I hope it can help you get a bit of a feeling of what the difference or indifference between those two names are. To me there is no difference. :)