Loving Evangeline (Patterson-Cannon Family, #2) Loving Evangeline discussion

Books that have become "bad" movies

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elayne As a long time fan of Linda Howard I was so disappointed by the movie that was made of this book..the "hero" was lacking in charisma and was decidedly unattractive and ungainly..totally miscast! Its not the first time I've come across this type of thing and I'm sure there are other people who have had the same kind of let down!

Diane where did you see this movie, and who were the stars? was it a lifetime channel movie or an older harlequin movie? most of the romance books put on the big or small screen just don' turn out that well, though i must say i didn't mind sandra brown's FRENCH SILK. most of the nora roberts movies made are not very good at all, though NORTHERN LIGHTS wasn't bad.

justmeri_an Elayne wrote: "As a long time fan of Linda Howard I was so disappointed by the movie that was made of this book..the "hero" was lacking in charisma and was decidedly unattractive and ungainly..totally miscast! It..."

what was the movie? I'd love to see it =)

Janeiowa Do a google search and you'll find, among other hits,

Loving Evangeline (TV 2001– ) - IMDb
www.imdb.com/title/tt0167266/
Loving Evangeline (2001) Poster .... But this movie embarrasses a genre that to begin with does not have much to recommend it in terms of higher artistic value.
Plot Summary - User Reviews - Photo gallery - Full cast and crew

The screenwriter has added a brother and his death to the plot, not in the book I read. I think I'll pass on this "movie." It sounds as if it'd ruin my image of both Robert and Evie.