Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > July 2011 - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 93 (93 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments A little late, but here it is.

What are you currently reading or have just recently finished?

I'm currently listening to Lisa Kleypas' Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2) by Lisa Kleypas and reading Jeanine Frost's This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost .

message 2: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 772 comments Just finished Kill Me Twice (Bullet Catcher, #1) by Roxanne St. Claire and have picked up Night's Landing (U.S. Marshall, #2) by Carla Neggers . Am trying to be good and chip away at Mt. Kilimanjaro.. TBR

message 3: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments I'm reading Beautiful Disaster by Laura Spinella by Laura Spinella, Wicked Becomes You by Meredith Duran by Meredith Duran (started two days back, but no progress yet).

Also for buddy read: Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda and A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) by George R.R. Martin

*Gulp* That' a lot of books...

message 4: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 772 comments Don't know how you do it Vi, I can only read one book at a time.

message 5: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments The buddy reads have fixed number of pages/chapters per day. I sucked at my first attempt at such buddy read of A Game of Thrones. I just wanted to binge-read keep on reading the book and didn't want to stop. Then stopped reading halfway and inhaled read it in one sitting.

Now I'm testing my resolve to stick to the plan by reading other books. I think I'm weird.

message 6: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 772 comments You're not weird, Vi. At least not on this site. You are just like the rest of us nutters passionate avid readers. ;)

message 7: by Cherrym134 (new)

Cherrym134 i'm gonna start reading Something Like Fate

message 8: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 1058 comments Yz

I've heard some not-so-hot opinions on This Side of the Grave from Frost fans, so I haven't started it yet. I'd be interested to hear what you think.

Read The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1) by Kimberly Derting Friday-Saturday and then had various 4th of July get-togethers over the weekend. Today's a work holiday, so if I can force myself to finish The Reckoners by Doranna Durgin , I can move on to something else.

message 9: by Laurie (new)

Laurie I'm reading Blue Dahlia (In The Garden trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts , The January Dancer (January Dancer, #1) by Michael Flynn , You Belong to Me by Karen Rose and Deception Point by Dan Brown ...

message 10: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 112 comments I'm reading Chasin' Eight (Rough Riders, #11) by Lorelei James , which is fantastic. :)

message 11: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments Starting A Hellion in Her Bed (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #2) by Sabrina Jeffries , I liked the first one so I'm hoping this is good!!

message 12: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) Triple dipping right now

June - December Chunky group read

The Forsyte Saga by John Galsworthy

The Forsyte Saga by John Galsworthy

Group read July

Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert

Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert

Audio

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

All are so good :)

message 13: by ~Leslie~ (last edited Jul 04, 2011 05:48PM) (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments I have read these so far this month:

Breakfast in Bed (Domestic Gods, #3) by Robin Kaye 3 stars, 1st time reading this author
Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians #1) by Dianne Duvall 3 stars, 1st time reading this author
Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3) by Loretta Chase 4 stars, 1st time reading this author.

message 14: by Geraldine (new)

Geraldine Matiwane | 1 comments Am currently reading the book called "Playing the Fields" by Zoe Foster Hamlet (Bloom's Major Literary Characters) by Brett Foster

message 15: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Daffodil wrote: "Yz

I've heard some not-so-hot opinions on This Side of the Grave from Frost fans, so I haven't started it yet. I'd be interested to hear what you think.

Read [bookcover:The Bo..."

I'm just a third in the book, so it's too early to tell. I'll let you know more when I'm done.

message 16: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments I'm reading Naked Edge and still listening to Divergent.

message 17: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments Finished A Hellion in Her Bed (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #2) by Sabrina Jeffries , it was an OK read, I liked the first one better...up next Upon a Wicked Time (An Avon Romantic Treasure) by Karen Ranney !!

message 18: by Peter (new)

Peter Medley | 1 comments The Perfect Deceit

An intriguing and fascinating book on how countries vie against each other to be top dog on the world stage. Spies, double agents, love triangles -- it’s all in a day’s work for super spy Alexey! In today’s interconnected world, this book gives an interesting perspective on how much competition goes on behind the scenes with ambitions and stakes running high. Hearts are broken and for some power is gained.

Illuminating book on the espionage sphere. Lots of mind games involved. Great book with high drama. Makes for a perfect summer read!

message 19: by Janeiowa (new)

Janeiowa The Creed Legacy

I thought there was a July challenge here about LL Miller, but I can't find it. I have a hard time finding things at this site, it seems.

message 20: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (shinhbang) | 284 comments Currently reading Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward :)

message 21: by Lisa (last edited Jul 07, 2011 02:15PM) (new)

Lisa Wadsworth (djtjmom) | 78 comments Jane wrote: "The Creed Legacy

I thought there was a July challenge here about LL Miller, but I can't find it. I have a hard time finding things at this site, it seems."

It is under "featured author" - July - keep scrolling down the page it is about half way down the page

message 22: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1 comments LL Miller's Austin McKettricks of Texas Austin (McKettricks of Texas #3)(McKettricks #13) by Linda Lael Miller . So far so good. Just read Banner O'Brien (Corbins, #1) by Linda Lael Miller and I loved it. Adam is so manly.

message 23: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments Finished Upon a Wicked Time (An Avon Romantic Treasure) by Karen Ranney and I was very disappointed. I thought the book was actually awful, I couldn't believe that the heroine would actually spend the whole book trying to make the hero love her-this was not my kind of plot :)...also read Lady of Desire by Gaelen Foley and it's my favorite of the series so far!! Starting A Lady Never Tells (Willowmere, #1) by Candace Camp !!

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 162 comments finished Julie and Julia 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen by Julie Powell and now reading Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate

message 25: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments Just finished Guardians by Kaitlyn O'Connor , pretty good but not my favorite by this author.

message 26: by KimKirt (new)

KimKirt | 1638 comments Just finished Then Came You (Gamblers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas . It was pretty good. I actually read the 2nd one first, Dreaming of You (Gamblers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas and loved it.

message 27: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments I'm almost halfway through Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) by Lori Foster .

message 28: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ I'm just about halfway through Birthright by Nora Roberts . So far I'm really liking it.

message 30: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I finished Hit List by Laurell K. Hamilton , loved it. I'm now reading Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning , which started out slow but is really good right now.

message 31: by Juana "Darkness" (new)

Juana "Darkness" Duran | 423 comments I currently got done reading The Darkest Whisper by Gena Showalter The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) by Gena Showalter , and am now reading The Sea King's Daughter by Barbara Michaels The Sea King's Daughter by Barbara Michaels .

message 32: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (shinhbang) | 284 comments Just finished Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward . Currently reading The Chief (Highland Guard, #1) by Monica McCarty .

message 33: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments Read A Lady Never Tells (Willowmere, #1) by Candace Camp and I loved how Royce was always there :)) also read Twice Tempted by a Rogue (Stud Club, #2) by Tessa Dare which I didn't think was as good as the first one...starting Beauty and the Duke (Mystical Bliss, #1) by Melody Thomas never read anything by this author so I'm hoping it's good!

message 35: by Raine (new)

Raine | 177 comments I finished Caught by Harlan Coben and i just started Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5) by Sara Shepard

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) i'm still reading Born of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 957 comments I'm 56% done reading Tiger's Quest (Tiger Saga Series #2) by Colleen Houck

message 38: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleylaura87) | 444 comments I'm in the middle of The Stand by Stephen King , World War Z An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks , A Stolen Life A Memoir by Jaycee Lee Dugard and listening to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling on audiobook in preparation for the movie.

message 39: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I just finished Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison , wonderful book. I'm now reading Hexed by Ilona Andrews .

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) finally finished Born of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon it was really good now I'm going to read Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7) by Kresley Cole

message 41: by Elke (new)

Elke (ejurca) | 1810 comments Just finished Covet (The Fallen Angels, #1) by J.R. Ward , Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6) by J.R. Ward , Ecstasy by Bella Andre , and Father Mine Zsadist and Bella's Story (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6.5) by J.R. Ward .

Now I am reading Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward !!

message 43: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

I just finished a reread last night,I hated this book so much the first read I just had to try again.Still not one I like-horrible ending-but I did understand it a little better

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 957 comments I started this this morning and I am already about halfway done reading it:
Forgotten by Cat Patrick

message 46: by Kathy Anne (last edited Jul 19, 2011 06:44AM) (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) No Such Thing As A Secret by Shelly Fredman
No Such Thing As A Secret

No Such Thing as a Free Lunch (book 3) by Shelly Fredman
No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

message 47: by Priyank (new)

Priyank Singhal | 10 comments Just finished reading "The Winner Stands Alone" by Paulo Coelho. Now eagerly waiting for my personal printed copy of "No Deadline For Love" by Manasi Vaidya...

message 48: by Kate (new)

Kate (katier) | 2 comments I'm reading Dangerous Ladiesbut I think I'm going to go back to reading E. Lockhart or maybe the new Loretta Chase.

message 49: by Kesha (new)

Kesha | 705 comments I finished Kat and the Dare-Devil Spaniard (Harlequin Presents) by Sharon Kendrick and am starting Let Me Call You Sweetheart by Mary Higgins Clark .

message 50: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 772 comments Just whipping through When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Happily Ever Afters, #2) by Eloisa James - loving it!

« previous 1