What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Sci-Fi book about girl with permanent makeup

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by michelle+8 (new)

michelle+8 (michelleplus8) | 1 comments Wow, what a great group idea! There is a book that I have been trying for YEARS to remember the name of.

It was a science fiction book about a human girl, a runaway I believe, who was born on Earth but was currently living on the streets of another planet. She'd had some kind of cosmetic surgery -- at her mother's insistence -- that was essentially permanent makeup. I think her name was Clarissa. She was also an excellent knife fighter.

Thanks for your attention!

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (dejameek) | 53 comments This sounds familiar...do you remember anything else about it?

message 3: by michelle+8 (new)

michelle+8 (michelleplus8) | 1 comments I think there was some kind of alien who wanted Clarissa for something... like maybe he wanted her to fight for his amusement? It was probably 15 years ago that I read this book, so the details are hazy.

message 4: by Cera (new)

Cera This sounds a lot like Emily Devenport to me, but alas I don't remember *which* one. Maybe _Shade_ since I recall she had very unusual eyes, and I definitely remember a lot of knife fighting.

message 5: by Rebecca (last edited Aug 24, 2011 02:45PM) (new)

Rebecca (liralin) | 197 comments Emily Devenport does have a book titled Larissa.

Larissa by Emily Devenport

Descriptions indicate the title character is a knife fighter. I've not read it, so I can't say whether it matches the rest of your description or not.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37806 comments Mod
Michelle, are you still looking for this book? Was it either book mentioned above?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37806 comments Mod
Michelle has left the group. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Larissa (other topics)