Terminalcoffee discussion

Celebrate > Happy 4th of July

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

It is a surprise isn't it, when you get to know the real Americans they are wonderful. I just wanna give them all a big hug.

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) All gratefully accepted.

message 3: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Happy Independence Day. May your picnics be ant-free, and your fireworks fizzle-free. Enjoy!

message 4: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments Happy Independence Day!! Enjoy :)

My hubby is American, so we celebrate both holidays- we'll be headed to the US tomorrow night to enjoy your fantabulous fireworks. You Americans do great fireworks!

message 5: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
I LUUUURVE this holiday. SO EXCITED for barbeque and the smell of spent 'works tomorrow. Home made ice cream, beer out of a can, potato salad. Love.

message 6: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Happy Birthday USA! Even with all our sketchy politicians, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

message 7: by Knarik (new)

Knarik I LOVE the USA! And I am happy I can call this wonderful country my home! Happy Holiday to everyone!

message 8: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Happy Fourth of July everyone. Hope you all enjoy it in your own special ways.

message 9: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Same to you, Jim.

message 10: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Thanks Larry.

message 11: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Happy 4th of July to my American friends.

message 12: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Thank you, J.

message 13: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 1037 comments Happy Birthday America. Thank you for all you have given me!

message 14: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) trivia for those of you so inclined.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/04/...

message 15: by Félix (last edited Jul 04, 2011 06:20PM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) Good stuff, Petra.

message 16: by Sally, la reina (new)

I love you all and I don't mean it this way at all, but MAN ALIVE the internet is BORING on this holiday. Christmas everyone is all about holing up with the internet and avoiding family. I guess everyone is outside waiting for and/or watching the 'works about now.

message 17: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) *yawns*

message 18: by Sally, la reina (new)

::pokes::

message 19: by Mary (new)

Mary (merrussell) King Dinösaur wrote: "I found this to be quite poignant:

Happy 4th of July to all Americans: you are better than you think you are."

A great reminder of all the good that is out there. I have experienced so much of the kindness of people as well.

message 20: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Sally wrote: "I love you all and I don't mean it this way at all, but MAN ALIVE the internet is BORING on this holiday. Christmas everyone is all about holing up with the internet and avoiding family. I guess ..."

I hear you.

message 21: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments The Fourth was a good day. I thought about the spirit of independence on which this country was founded. It was also my mom's birthday - her 82nd.

message 22: by Julie (new)

Julie | 44 comments Hey! That's my birthday.