Evermore (The Immortals, #1) Evermore discussion

Got Worse As The Series Progressed?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 146 (146 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Laura I absoloutely LOVED the first couple books in this series...but as the final books started to roll in, it started to get worse and worse.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, i agree. I loved Evermore and Blue Moon, but after that it just seemed to get repetative. Dont get me wrong, i adore this series, but they were always trying to be together, getting stopped, trying to find the cure, and sending souls into the Shadowland. Over and over again. But I think that the last book was marvelous, because all of the characters really grew up.

Johanna79 I agree!!

Jennifer Yes I loved Everymore and I am currently now reading Everlasting and I want to die! It is so awful and on my nerves! In previous books I just wanted her to get with Roman or Jude just for the sake of something interesting to happen! I'm literally forcing myself to finish just because I want closure but its such hoooey now! lol

Rebecca I loved the first book but then I barely finished the second and I havent read any of the others

Laura I know everybody...Everlasting was just stupid. My review for it is so long because I wrote about all six of the books and about Damen and roman....

Kelli yea! like I really enjoyed the first one and the second one was okay but then I quit like a few chapters into the third one, she kept saying the same thing over and over and it was just blah.

Atenas yea i didnt even finish the rest of the series after blue moon. the next book only a few chapters and i was finished with the series, my sis continued it and is seriously pissed the eff off i told her not to continue...oh well

nine Ever just started to make me extremely mad and i ended up just not reading the series anymore after the third book. Ever just kept going on and on not to mention she was just making everything a big deal and making retarded decisions. I was like EVER PLEASE STOP BEING STUPID.

Mikaela Haha, yer same as Jahlia, I liked the first 2 books, but then it just got sooo repeditive!! So I am very happy it is finally ending.

message 11: by Yumi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Yumi i really liked the first one. but as the series went on it sorta was all about ever wanting to "jump damon's bones" it got pretty stupid

message 12: by Yumi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Yumi Jahlia wrote: "Oh, sadly i made a vow to finish every series i start. :(. I am doomed to stay on this sinking ship."

same :( i have problems with putting books down

Courtney I totally agree! My favorite was Evermore, and then Blue Moon was pretty good. But once it got past the second it kind of got annoying. I didn't really fully read the last book even because it was so boring and the same thing seemed to happen all the time, they were so close to the antidote and then it slipped away, over and over again. Let's just say that I'm relieved that this series is over!

Christina i agree i loved book one read it in a day but by the time i got to #3 it took me 2 weeks and i only read the first chapter of #4 and put it in my book shelf and grabed something else.

Carla I think they just decided to market a series rather than take the time and effort to write one. Adding stories and books, please Evermore was great, Blue Moon good, then I was like what the heck.. its supposed to get better as someone writes not worse. Gave up on the series..spend my money on better books, by better authors.

Ashlyn I think it was pretty much like twilight only that they called them immortals and other different changes. bored me to death, really

Cynthia I enjoyed the first two books, bought and read the third--totally lost interest in the series.

Shailee Hayek Im on the forth one and yea it pretty much the same

Shailee Hayek i love alyson noels other books.

Teresa I thought the first one was really bad as well. I refused to buy the next one in the series even though it's my "type" of book. I'm glad to see it hasn't gotten any better. I guess I made the right choice by not moving on in the series. Sorry you guys are suffering though. I am currently suffering through the middle of the House if Night series. I'm only 5 books in and it has become like torture to finish. I keep hoping the next book will get better...

Laura Teresa wrote: "I thought the first one was really bad as well. I refused to buy the next one in the series even though it's my "type" of book. I'm glad to see it hasn't gotten any better. I guess I made the ri..."

Omg yeah its the same with that series too. the first 3 boks are good. The fourth one (even though I attempted it three times) I never finished. So I just skimmed the last couple chapter and then moved on. The fifth was okay. the sixth was a repeat of te fifth. The seventh was horrible...and the eighth was retarded. Honestly, its just like the immortals series just repeating OVER and OVER again! And it dosen't help that Zoey is probably the worst protaganist in the history of books. I hate her.

message 22: by Feli (new) - rated it 2 stars

Feli OF COURSE IT GOT WORSE AS THE STORY PROGRESSED, IN SHADOWLAND I GOT BORED AND STOPPED READING IT

Samantha Yes, it did. I actually didn't finish the series. I got sick of the curse that Ever and Damen fell under. My friend finished the last book (before the most recent one that just came out) and we both agree that Noel got carried away with the curse. We finally looked at the book that was just released and read the last few pages and were satisfied, at least I was (since I stopped reading the series after "Shadowland").

message 24: by Beth (new) - rated it 1 star

Beth Grenfell I couldn't read past the first book. It was terrible.

Jewel I bought the first three and loved the first two. The third on got on my nerves and I wasn't interested in reading the rest. Ever's character became too annoying. The final book is out, so I'll probably check it out at the library to see how it ends. I think the author is a great writer, I just got tired of the storyline.

message 26: by Luna (new)

Luna maxwell this is so true the second one was such a drag now im having trouble starting number 3 i loved the first one so much :)

Nabila the first one is always the best in a long series for me, so same goes for me. the longer it got, the harder it was to stay interested.

Mikaela I have started reading the last one, really happy that the series is finally coming to an end, but I am really struggling to finish it, still trying to work out why :/

Jennifer Mikaela wrote: "I have started reading the last one, really happy that the series is finally coming to an end, but I am really struggling to finish it, still trying to work out why :/"

I'm struggling too! I want closure but I can only stand to read a couple chapters at a time so I'm only half way through so far. I'm about to just skip to the end and get closure and be done with it because it is due back at the library soon.

Annemarien Faraminan Jennifer wrote: "Yes I loved Everymore and I am currently now reading Everlasting and I want to die! It is so awful and on my nerves! In previous books I just wanted her to get with Roman or Jude just for the sake ..."

I completely agree. I loved the first two books, but like most books the writer started to do the run around and the story started to go on a circle. The last book was in my opinion a So-So book that at some points I wanted to skip pages. Glad I am done with that series.

Azhia Yes after the first 2 books the series just got dead it was tragic

Laura book lover wrote: "Yes after the first 2 books the series just got dead it was tragic"

Yeah she should've stopped with the curse thing in shadowlands and gotten onto a new topic for the next 3 books the problem was that it was too drawn out and the first book was totally cut off from the rest of the series.

message 33: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya Ive Only Read Evermore I Havent Read Blue Moon But I Plan To Soon ! My Cousin Finished Dark Flamed And LOVED It , Sooo Ill See !

Laura Maya wrote: "Ive Only Read Evermore I Havent Read Blue Moon But I Plan To Soon ! My Cousin Finished Dark Flamed And LOVED It , Sooo Ill See !"

Yeah IK! Blue Moon is awesome, and shadowland is alright. dark flame could've been a lot better and night star should've been combined with dark flame. Everlasting should've been like a novella for afterwards though

Sahilah Well, I loved EVERMORE because it was the start of the series.Blue Moon was alright, she was learning and everything but this novel was the beginning of the curse between Ever and Damon. Shadowland, I admit, It was poorly written. But, Dark Flame gave a MAJOR COMEBACK. It got me back on track. Night Star came out and I was excited because Dark Flame was good. Night Star was alright like, Blue Moon. Now I'm going to read Everlasting. I hope Alyson ends off the series off in a reallly really really good way. But by the title, I can probably guess that Damon and Ever have an everlasting life together.:)

Stefanie Evermore was awesome and then I loved blue moon up until the end. I wanted to strangle Ever!. It took me a month to finish Shadowland because everytime I started, I would want to put it down again.

Bluegravity Evermore, yes- interesting. A little annoying though since the main character was supposed to have been and kinda is popular. You know how those kind of people talk, haha. Anyway, totally agree that it just got worse and worse. It all started going down beginning at the end of Blue Moon.

Toyibah Ye ii Think It Got Worse Didnt Even Finish Shadowland ii Put It Down & Haven't Picked It Back Up.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree, after Evermore- which I thought was really good - the series just got weaker and weaker. I think, like a lot of other people, I only read all the books to get closure - Everlasting was really disappointing. If it had been a trilogy it might've worked but it all got dragged out for so long, virtually anything ending would have been an anti-climax. Plus Ever seemed to get more and more irritating with each book.

Breanna Absolutely didn't get worse. I think the series is still great. Now I am not reading it now, but I will pick it back up eventually. I am on Dark Flame. For all of you guys who love this series I recommend the Riley Bloom series. =)

Shaunna McLaren I thought the first one was alright, but the second one I hated. I gave up after the second one!

Jennifer I still haven't made it through the third book!

Emily Donnellan I thought it was bad to begin with. I suffered through Evermore and then because I found it on sale at Costco decided to give Ms. Noel a second chance by reading Blue Moon, I should have known better.

message 44: by Iris (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iris I read up to Dark Flame but while reading through Dark Flame I decided to give up cause the charactors got really annoying!

message 45: by Veregeia (last edited Jul 24, 2011 02:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Veregeia I loved too the first couple of books. I was so amazed and when I finished the third book I was like "Are there any missing pages?" It started to get boring and boring... I haven't read the last two books yet, but I'm not sure if I want to.

Caitlin I thought they started out okay nothing that good to me they just keep getting worse. But I've yet to read the last book.

Chelsea Cameron Ashlyn wrote: "I think it was pretty much like twilight only that they called them immortals and other different changes. bored me to death, really"

I totally agree. I only got through the third one. I can't even remember what the third one was called. It was that memorable.

Brenda Blaise wrote: "I read up to Dark Flame but while reading through Dark Flame I decided to give up cause the charactors got really annoying!"
I did the same I think by page sixty something i just couldn't read it anymore Dark Flame was my good bye to this series! although Evermore was great the other books brought this series down...

Jessica Mooney Kinda of agree with this but i like last one she did cause i like cliff hanger but yeah i kinda agree

VG/Allie Laura wrote: "I absoloutely LOVED the first couple books in this series...but as the final books started to roll in, it started to get worse and worse."

SO agreaded!!!!!! i was captured by blue moon and was so angery by the time i put the 6th bk down, that i woundered y i wasted my money

« previous 1 3