Simply Irresistible Jill Shalvis discussion

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 246 comments Mod
Have you guys watched any really great movies lately?

I just watched Love & Other Drugs a couple of nights ago with Jake Gylenhaal and Anne Hathaway. It was really really good. I laughed and I cried. It's a bit different than a RomCom...because its so much more serious though there were quite a few good laughs in there.

message 2: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) I love Jake and Anne both, I want to watch that! It's on my netflix queue, along with a million other things! Right now I have Black Swan and haven't had a chance to watch it, but hopefully will soon. We've been renovating our office, so no time lately to read or watch movies!

message 3: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Oooh, let me know how Black Swan is!!! Hope your renovation goes well!!!

message 4: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Just saw this one last night and quite liked it. I know the critics panned it and asked how Natalie Portman could do this the same year she did Black Swan, but I thought it was a solid B movie.

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine I want to hear how Black Swan is also. Been thinking of adding it but wasn't sure how good it might be.

message 6: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Has anyone seen King's Speech? Was it as wonderful as they say?

message 7: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments It is! I just loved it. CF deserved the oscar.

message 8: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) I'll try to squeeze in Black Swan tomorrow night so I can tell you all about it!

message 9: by Katherine (new)

Katherine I also really liked King's Speech of course I love Colin Firth. :)

message 10: by Marilyn (last edited Jul 15, 2011 09:48PM) (new)

Marilyn (mbk1857) I really want to see King's Speech. I wouldn't mind seeing it as a PPV but it's not listed yet. Ho-hum. Still waiting.

message 11: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

let me know what you think of it when you get to it Marilyn!!

message 12: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments I loved the movie so much that I bought the book! The King's Speech by Mark Logue
I haven't read it yet, but I have it lined up for a challenge.

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee | 44 comments We just went to the Movie Horrible Bosses.... really good laughed really hard and almost jumped out of my chair at one time... very adult themed lol

message 14: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Dee wrote: "We just went to the Movie Horrible Bosses.... really good laughed really hard and almost jumped out of my chair at one time... very adult themed lol"

Oh, Dee, I was just talking to my BF about going and seeing that for her birthday! Looks funny.

message 15: by Dee (new)

Dee | 44 comments Oh it is the hubby and i both laughed I recommend it ...

message 16: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

I wanna see that!!!

message 17: by Jill (new)

Jill Shalvis (jillshalvis) | 29 comments I liked No Strings Attached too.

I'm going to Harry Potter on Wed. CAN'T WAIT!

message 18: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Oooh, the final Harry Potter movie! I hope it rules! Let us know your verdict after you see it!

message 19: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (mbk1857) Lisa Kay wrote: "I loved the movie so much that I bought the book!The King's Speech by Mark Logue
I haven't read it yet, but I have it lined up for a challenge."

I want to see this sooo bad. If I could just catch it on TV like paying $5-$6 for it. I don't want to go out and pay $20 for it. And I missed it in the theater because that's gotten so outragously expensive not to mention the hassle of going, wheelchair, cane, whatever! When I was a teenager it cost 50 cents for an adult. I know times have changed but I still think they want too much for tickets and the price of popcorn and coke has become absolutely obscene! Give me my TV or DVD with my microwave popcorn and I'm happy!

message 20: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments And there are rude people in the theaters now a days too! Ha! I remember when I used to go into the movies 9 months pregnant (popcorn under my coat) and come out having given birth. I also remember when I could make $5 last forever !

message 21: by Marilyn (last edited Jul 19, 2011 09:53PM) (new)

Marilyn (mbk1857) Yes, those 20 dollar bills sure disappear from your wallet faster these days!