Kannapolis Paranormal Booksuckers discussion

Book Club Discussions > October book- Touch of Frost

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (chey1) | 652 comments Mod
Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep
My name is Gwen Frost, and I go to Mythos Academy — a school of myths, magic and warrior whiz kids, where even the lowliest geek knows how to chop off somebody's head with a sword and Logan Quinn, the hottest Spartan guy in school, also happens to be the deadliest.

But lately, things have been weird, even for Mythos. First, mean girl Jasmine Ashton was murdered in the Library of Antiquities. Then, someone stole the Bowl of Tears, a magical artifact that can be used to bring about the second Chaos War. You know, death, destruction and lots of other bad, bad things. Freaky stuff like this goes on all the time at Mythos, but I'm determined to find out who killed Jasmine and why—especially since I should have been the one who died. . .
Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) by Jennifer Estep

message 2: by Peaches (new)

Peaches (princesspeaches) | 94 comments SQUEE! My Estep love is well known.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

I thought that this might make you happy!

message 4: by Peaches (new)

Peaches (princesspeaches) | 94 comments She said if we would like bookmarks we could email her at: jennifer @ jenniferestep. com (remove spaces)

message 5: by Jessica (new)

I have e-mailed her to see about getting some book marks! I think the teen book club is going to read it too!

message 6: by Jessica (new)

She is sending us bookmarks for both this series and her adult assassin series which is awesome! So if anyone wants one just let me know!

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jennifer Estep just send us some lovely book marks fro this series as well as some for her Elemental Assassins series-if you want one you can pick it up at the library or if you live elsewhere we can send you one in the mail :)

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Just finished this book. I enjoyed it. I like the fact that she dealt with different mythologies, not just greek. The main character, Gwen is so geektastic-she would rather read comics than talk about the latest fashion trends. Estep paid homage to characters from her super hero books this way (so if you have read her earlier books be prepared to squee!) My only problem with this book was she doesn't learn too much about where her powers come from but this book is the first of a series so that is to be expected. Thankfully, we don't have to wait a year for the next book-it comes out this winter :)

message 9: by Peaches (last edited Sep 04, 2011 06:16PM) (new)

Peaches (princesspeaches) | 94 comments I think my assessment is the same as yours! I love having a book set in NC that isn't about how backwoods the rest of the world thinks we are. Can't wait for
November 29.

****Spoiler Line****

I also love her mention of the Pork Pit (Gin runs in the Elemental Assassins books. Spiders Revenge comes out this month!!!!) and I always love any mention of Karma Girl, my all time favorite super hero. I totally squeed.

I wonder how Jennifer has time to keep up with her newspaper job! I talked to her on FB the other day, and she's trying to get another Big Time booked released as an e-book. I think it's about Abby (who you meet in Jinx)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Touch of Frost (other topics)