Irish Readers discussion

INTRODUCTIONS > Michelle

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Geaney (michellegeaney) Hi everyone! I'm Michelle...A Corkonian. I'm new to Goodreads, I'll read anything [even though im currently struggling with Great Expectations} Love this site, cant believe I never came across it before. I'm a Poet - I have one collection published... [book:Under these Rebel skies|11765427]- an amateur collection but had to start somewhere and am getting better[i hope]. Hi to all !!!

message 2: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 50 comments Hi Michelle! :)
Wow, a published author, that's amazing. Congratulations.
I' reading the great Gatsby now, which is just amazing. I didn't like it the last time I read it, but this time, it's just hit me like a freight train.
But afterward I was going to move onto Dickens, hence this slightly rambling message. :P
Hope you like Goodreads

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul (taytothief) Hey Michelle welcome to the group. Fair play on getting your poetry published. I'm not a fan of poetry myself (the school curriculum and teaching methods are undoubtedly to blame in my case) but best of luck with it!

message 4: by Mae (new)

Mae (goodreadscommae) | 43 comments Mairead wrote: "Hi Michelle! :)
Wow, a published author, that's amazing. Congratulations.
I' reading the great Gatsby now, which is just amazing. I didn't like it the last time I read it, but this time, it's jus..."
Interesting post, I did not like Gatsby the first time... I was told by a fan I have to read it again. Its in my list.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Geaney (michellegeaney) Hi all.
@ Paul...would u believe i hated Poetry in school HATED it!!!!!
@ Maired and Mae Ive just started the great gatsby finally ploughed through Great expectations, dont know what to make of it!!!! i liked some, couldnt concentrate on others but maybe in a few years. How ye gettin n with the Great Gatsby?

message 6: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 50 comments I loved Gatsby. It was billiant. Well-written, thoughtful, and the end was shocking. :) Hope you like it.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Geaney (michellegeaney) Im hooked so far on the first chapter anyways, ive no idea what to expect i have never read a review of it.

message 8: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 50 comments Don't read spoilers, just enjoy it. :) I knew something that happened, but didn't know how, and even then, I nearly fell over from shock.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Geaney (michellegeaney) @ Mairead; Read the Great Gatsby- adored it...think i know what you were talkin about i couldnt believe it either!!!!!

message 10: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (kate47) Hi all, I'm Tanya, I'm a new member to goodreads.com
I obviously love reading but not a great fan of sci fi but will read anything else. My favourite books to date are 'The wasted vigil' by Aslam Nadeem, 'The gift of rain' by Tan Twan Eng and 'My name is light' by Elsa Osorio. Books I intensely disliked are 'The road' by Cormac Mc carty and 'Shes come undone ' by Wally Lamb

message 11: by Michelle (last edited Nov 16, 2011 05:41AM) (new)

Michelle Geaney (michellegeaney) How ya Tanya. Start a new thread so people will see you straight up. put ur name in the subject line. you'll love it here!I thought The Road the film was very good; is it the same one? was gonna read the book but.....we'll see. welcome!!!