Simply Irresistible Jill Shalvis discussion

The Basics > Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 133 (133 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 246 comments Mod
Say hi here and introduce yourself if you like and tell us what your favorite Jill Shalvis book is!

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Hi I'm Pamela and thanks for inviting me. I love most everything Jill Shalvis has done. Hard to pick a fave but Simply Irresistible is up there. Love Animal Magnetism and Get A Clue and Aussie Rulesand......

message 3: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Hi! I'm Lisa Kay and I appreciate the invite, Bekah! I too love most anything Jill Shalvis has written. My first read was Aussie Rules by Jill Shalvis and I quickly went in search of her backlist. Absolutely loved Get A Clue by Jill Shalvis . I liking her Lucky Harbor series also, but I'm getting ready to read A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) by George R.R. Martin as a buddy read starting 7/5; I know I'm going to need something to cheer me up, so I've been saving The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) by Jill Shalvis .

message 4: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

I'm so glad you guys love Jill like I do!!!

Lisa Kay -- I've been saving The Sweetest Thing until Chloe's story comes out!!

message 5: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Not until November? Why, Bekah? Is there a cliff-hanger to it?

message 6: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

No, I just know that when I finish Tara's book, I'm going to really want to start Chloe's and it will just drive me crazy to have to wait! I sort of love the feeling of having The Sweetest Thing sitting there waiting for me like a yummy treat.

message 7: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments I can understand that!

message 8: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

yum!!!

message 9: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments I kind of like this picture that is all jumbled up. Humm... what does that mean?

message 10: by Autumn (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 3 comments Hello girls :) !!

Haven't read any of her works, but B has raved about simply irresistible.

Glad to be part of this group! Thanks for the invite Bekah xxxx

message 11: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Hey, Autumn! Great you are with us. :)

message 12: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Hey Autumn! Thanks for joining and I would not lie to YOU. Read that book! You will fall in love with Jax!

message 13: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Also, if you guys have any friends who are Jill Shalvis fans as well, invite them on over!

message 14: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Hi girls, thanks for the invite Bekah. I just recently read Simply Irresistible and loved it. Can't wait to read another. I'm looking forward to reading Tara's story soon.

message 15: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Hi Katherine! So glad to have you!

message 16: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) Hi everyone! I haven't read any of her books, yet! But I will be trying to read one before the end of summer!

message 17: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Welcome Shelly!!! You won't regret giving her a try!

message 18: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) I just realized, I have read a book of hers - Get A Clue, and I thought it was great!

message 19: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

I wish I could write like her.......

message 20: by Mary (new)

Mary  (wimew) | 1 comments Thanks for the invite :) Can't pick a fave I like all I've read. Her blog is such a hoot.

message 21: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Hi Mary! Welcome! I know it is...I love how active she is in posting too!

message 22: by Joan (new)

Joan | 5 comments Hi Everyone! I'm a huge fan of Jill Shalvis. I think she is the funniest author. I rarely laugh out loud while reading, but her books have some of the funniest scenes. She truly is a wonderful author.

message 23: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) Hi Joan! Welcome!

message 24: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Welcome, Joan!

message 25: by Rhonda (last edited Jul 05, 2011 09:19AM) (new)

Rhonda Murphy | 1 comments Hey Everyone!

New to the group. Lucky Harbor Series is the first I've read of Jill's books, but I'm going to start on her backlist. Can't wait for the last book to come out. I'll be rereading the other two to refresh my brain. Thanks for this group. I love discussing well written books. I always learn something new.

message 26: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Welcome Joan!!!! so nice to have a new member!!

message 27: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Welcome Rhonda! I enjoy a well written book as well!!

message 28: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Welcome, Rhonda!

message 29: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) Hi Rhonda!

message 30: by valee (new)

valee Hey guys, for those of you who haven't seen me around on other groups I'm Vale from Uruguay. 21 years old and I'm in love with pnr-romance, UF and contemporary romance, I usually switch my reads between this 3 genres.

I have read the Wilder series and LOVED it and now I'm with the Lucky Harbor series and just ADORING it even more. I'm happy to say I'm a new FAN for this amazing writer.

message 31: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Hi Vale!!! So nice to have you and I'm SOOO happy you loved Simply Irresistible.

message 32: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Welcome, Vale!

message 33: by valee (new)

valee Thanks!!!

message 34: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenbarr) | 13 comments Hi all, I've read most of Jill's books and have enjoyed them all, but I think Animal Magnetism is my all time favourite. I can't wait for more in that series. So thankful for Goodreads (where I first came across a review of one of Jill's books) and Book Depository because I've not seen any of Jill's books on the shelves here in Australia.

message 35: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenbarr) | 13 comments p.s. I'm also very fond of the Pacific Heat series, how could i not mention that!

message 36: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) Hi Vale and Karen!

message 37: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Welcome, Karen!

message 38: by Dee (new)

Dee | 44 comments Hi I am Dee and i found this page on Jills FB page..Thanks to her for posting. I have been looking around this site and so far i am loving it. I love Jills books and i don't think i have picked up one yet that i didn't like.. I am VERY fond of the Wilder series... I would love to be able to find the Seeing Red, white heat, and Blue Flame books... but they are not out for the Nook yet. Any hoo thanks for making this page. I am loving it....

message 39: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Welcome, Dee!

message 40: by Jill (new)

Jill Shalvis (jillshalvis) | 29 comments Wow, I'm really honored by this group. So thank you! Very happy to see some familiar faces, and some new ones. I'll try to stop by when I can and say hi but know that I'm glowing over the fact that you're here talking about my books.

message 41: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Welcome Dee and Karen!!! So glad to see you and have you! Get comfy and bring up any topics you want to chat about!!!

And Jill, we're honored that you spare any time to come in and say hi to us!!

message 42: by Joan (new)

Joan | 5 comments Thanks everyone! ;)

message 43: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (mbk1857) I'm here because...I stumbled across it. Then I discovered Lisa Kaye is here, too, and that we both have Orange, Texas in common. Next, I read a blurb by Jill about the romantic life of a published novelist with a husband, three children and annoying editors determined to squelch any ideas of "having arrived" and absolutely fell over myself laughing! So, I decided to join the party!

message 44: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Nice to have you Marilyn!! I love Jill's sense of humor and I have to give her props because good humor is difficult to write and express in just the right way but she seems to have it down! Thankfully for us!

:-)

message 45: by Lynsey (new)

Lynsey (lynseys) | 7 comments Hi Everyone!

I am sooo glad to find other Jax groupies. So this is where you've all been hiding!

Simply Irresistible was my first Jill Shalvis book and I just loved every second of it. Sometimes you find a book that is absolute perfection and for me this was it. If I remember rightly, I started it again immediately after finishing. I loved it..or rather, I loved him that much!

Anyway, I haven't read the next one yet because I am waiting until the 3rd one comes out so that I can absolutely gorge myself and I have to say all this waiting is killing me! In fact, I think I need another Jax fix - which is not a good thing right now because I have just moved house and have no idea which box he is hiding in!

message 46: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Hi Lynsey!!! I'm so glad you joined us!!! Welcome. I feel the exact same way you do about Jax as you know...and I've decided to wait to read the 2nd one when the 3rd comes out as well! I hate waiting in between releases and I plan on gorging as well.

In fact, when it comes time I think we should have a big trilogy group read!

BTW, sometimes, when Jill is not off creating her next flawless hero, she stops in and says hi! So keep an eye out for her posts and say hi to her sometime!

message 47: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Welcome, Lynsey!

message 48: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenbarr) | 13 comments Girls girls girls....you don't know what you're missing not having read the second....Ford's pretty swoon worthy too. I'm sure when the third comes out I'll read it immediately....and then probably will start at no 1 again just to refresh my memories. Brady from Animal Magnetism still stands out as my No. 1 though.

Jill does create some awesome fellas!

message 49: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

I can't wait to get to know all of her heroes!!!

message 50: by Lynsey (new)

Lynsey (lynseys) | 7 comments Karen wrote: "Girls girls girls....you don't know what you're missing not having read the second....Ford's pretty swoon worthy too. I'm sure when the third comes out I'll read it immediately....and then probabl..."

I know I know and it's not easy because I'm dying to read more about Ford!!

When the 3rd comes out, I don't know, I think I'm going to have to take a couple of days off work or something just so that I can absolutely sate myself!

« previous 1 3