Simply Irresistible Jill Shalvis discussion

Jill's Books > Simply Irresistible

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 246 comments Mod
Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) by Jill Shalvis

What did you think of this book?

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) It was simply irresistible! Absolutely loved it.

message 3: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments It was, Pamela! It was just what I needed. I thought the sisters’ arguments were funny. I totally sympathized with Maddie over the whole tool belt fetish.

message 4: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

I LOVE this book. I loved the whole chopping wood scene, and the washer scene...this book was just incredible. I don't know how a person manages to write such a darn near perfectly flawless book!

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine The washer scene was great, can you imagine Jax walking in? Oh My. This book had me from the beginning and is now a keeper for me. Which I might add is not a small thing. I only keep books I know I will re-read. The end really got me when Tara and Chloe voted to stay. That was very touching.

message 6: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

yea, its a keeper for me too! That one time they were at his house was just perfect!

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) I love the drunk scene when they call for a carpenter. hehe

message 8: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

oh yea! That dialogue was spot on! And too funny! I loved reading this book..I just could not put it down, and I love that feeling!

message 9: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) Okay, after I finish Lady Sophia's Lover, this will have to be my next read! It sounds so good and if I'm going to be a member of this group, I should read more than one of her books!

message 10: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

well you definitely should read more of her books, but its not a prerequisite of membership!!!

message 11: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) But I liked Get A Clue so much, I want too!

message 12: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Well I can't wait to hear your thoughts...

:-)

message 13: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) I finished it a few days ago - it was great! The washer scene was hilarious!

message 14: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

:-)

One of my favs and most memorable too! I also love the wood chopping scene!!!

message 15: by Jill (new)

Jill Shalvis (jillshalvis) | 29 comments These little notes make my day, I can telly you that!

message 16: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

:-) Well its only fair, since Jax totally makes my day some days!!

message 17: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) Jill - It really is a great story! I really liked it, but am more interested in Chloe's story, the wild child with asthma - I may not be as wild as Chloe, but I do have asthma, so interested in seeing how much trouble she can get into without killing herself!

message 18: by Lynsey (new)

Lynsey (lynseys) | 7 comments Oh my goodness, Chloe and the scene where she is talking in her sleep saying something like 'not now Juan, there's not enough left in my inhaler' - that had me absolutely shrieking like a lunatic with laughter!!!

I think that one of the big reasons why these books are so amazing, because the humour is so perfect. I can't stand it when writers deliberately humiliate their characters in order to get a laugh, it really makes me cringe.

message 19: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

I agree Lynsey -- the humor is done very well!

message 20: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) Jax-Ohhhhh !
It was great how he invested his money after leaving the bad stuff lawyers ,and could help the people in his town that needed it...He`s a keeper
Can`t wait to read Tara and Ford`s story,wish I had already ordered it.

message 21: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

I've been hearing such great things about Ford! I can't wait to read him either!!

message 22: by Jill (new)

Jill Shalvis (jillshalvis) | 29 comments Aw, you guys are very good for making my day. I'm so glad you get my humor. I'm never sure if I'm pulling it off when I'm here all alone making myself laugh as I write ... :)

message 23: by Dee (new)

Dee | 44 comments Re Reading this one. Love it... Re Reading The Sweetist thing . Next then the wait for Chloe's story... i can't wait.

message 24: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

This is probably my favorite book of the year...although I know we still have 4 months left....I just loved it so!

message 25: by Jill (new)

Jill Shalvis (jillshalvis) | 29 comments Wow, thank you so much!!!

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahlr802) | 2 comments I just finished Simply Irresistible and LOVED it. The story was wonderful. I read it in like a day... I have started the 2nd one.

message 27: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jun 16, 2012 07:44PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Yeah, it is pretty neat, Sarah! Glad you liked it.

message 28: by Megan (new)

Megan | 9 comments Just started this book, my first by Jill Shalvis. So far I really like it.

message 29: by Denise (new)

Denise I just finished Simply Irresistible and loved it. Jill's talent with the humor is spot on. This is a quick read that completely takes the stresses of life away, it's nice to escape, even if it is a couple of hours. Enjoyable!

message 30: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Very true, Denise.

message 31: by Denise (new)

Denise I finished book 2 The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) by Jill Shalvis -really enjoyed it and I am now ready to get the third book. I also picked up Animal Magnetism Animal Magnetism (Animal Magnetism, #1) by Jill Shalvis while at the library, I can't wait to start it.

message 32: by Chris (new)

Chris Brandstatter (cabrand) | 5 comments Loved this book!! Such a great pair up. And I couldn't put it down!!! I love this series!!!

message 33: by Sunny☼ (new)

Sunny☼ (sunny2) The sisters in the Inn, I must admit have a special spot for me. They are the best.

message 34: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) This was a sweet, funny, sexy book...well written and it has me completely hooked. The sister's bantering was both sweet and humorous. And Jax...Oh my! Can't wait to read more!

message 35: by Sunny☼ (new)

Sunny☼ (sunny2) So very glad that you enjoyed the book Sandra, I hope the next ones are just as enjoyable for you.

message 36: by Giulia (new)

Giulia I really enjoyed the book. It was a quick read, but very well written. Funny, emotional, and super sexy. Thanks for recommending this author to me sunny!

message 37: by Sunny☼ (last edited Jun 18, 2013 03:21PM) (new)

Sunny☼ (sunny2) Sharing one favourite author through books to friend is a plus.

message 38: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Agreed!

message 39: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 34 comments I just finished the second one in this series as well and loved it. I love the sister's relationship as they struggle to get along and get to know each other better. And now I can't wait to read Chloe's story.

message 40: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Good point Leslie! The sisters reconnecting was an important part of the plot, and really sweet. They totally hooked me into the series--I do intend to read their novels.