Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (Buddy Reads) > Hilda the Wicked Witch [Buddy Read]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (pip_squeak) Sue & I will be Starting Hilda the wicked witch as a Buddy Read later in the week! If anyone would like to join us you would be very welcome:-) x x

message 2: by Caroline (last edited Jul 09, 2011 08:04AM) (new)

Caroline (pip_squeak) Hi Sue!
Are you happy to do this buddy read as a free read? So we read at our own pace and discuss points that we feel we want to talk about? If however there is a big point that you think my be a spoiler we could use the (view spoiler) html to hide it from view? This is how I have done my other Buddy reads and find it works well due to time differences. If however you would like to do it differently and discuss each chapter as we go thats fine to please let me know which would suit you best! I hope I don't sound too much like i'm miss Bossy britches!! Lol x x

message 3: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (pip_squeak) I;m loving this so far!! Really my kind of book! x x

message 4: by Sue (new)

Sue (knitwitsl) | 226 comments Caroline,

I like the idea of reading at our own pace and discussing the points we would like to discuss. I was finishing another book this morning, so I didn't start on this book until late tonight. So far I am liking the book though! I will post some better thoughts tomorrow when I get a chance to read some more!

message 5: by Sue (new)

Sue (knitwitsl) | 226 comments I've finished about 45% of the book already. I didn't realize it was so short. But so far I think the idea behind the story is interesting and I've chuckled at a few spots. Are there any specific parts that stand out to you in the first part of the book?

message 6: by Caroline (last edited Jul 10, 2011 03:23PM) (new)

Caroline (pip_squeak) Quite a few to be honest! I love the clever descriptiveness the author has used to described things from Hildas point of view! I must admit I've chuckled myself! I've just read this at 53% (view spoiler) I've always been hooked by fairytales and I think I always will be, looking forward to seeing how the story ends! Although I don't want it too x x

message 7: by Sue (new)

Sue (knitwitsl) | 226 comments I just finished the book this morning. Overall I thought it was an entertaining read. Although I did keep wondering what happened to the people she changed. But then I have to just sit back and laugh at myself! I do have a question for you near the end of the book that I'll ask once you finish it.

message 8: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (pip_squeak) Hi Sue! I have finished now! I did find it quiet funny in places and really enjoyed it though it was only a short book I feel more could of been done with it! Looking forward to your question x x

message 9: by Sue (new)

Sue (knitwitsl) | 226 comments I don't have it in front of me right now, but I remember reading at the end where the man who had the book was noted as a gate keeper of worlds. I was just wondering if he was called that since he had that book, or does his character play a bigger role and maybe show up in other books in the same function? Or am I just making that all up?!

message 10: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (pip_squeak) Oooh! I do beleive you are right & it said something about him being a travelling book salesmans & keeper of the portal between worlds!! Oooh that would be exciting if there was a series of books based around him and other worlds! I may have to google the author to see if his written anymore x x

message 11: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (pip_squeak) OOOOH Sue!!!! I just looked up Paul Kater and there seems to be a whole series of about 6 books about Hilda!!! Just added them to my TBR list!! x x

message 12: by Sue (new)

Sue (knitwitsl) | 226 comments I Saw three of them on Amazon and already downloaded the next one! Thanks again for making the suggestion of the book this month!

message 13: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (pip_squeak) Your welcome! Hope you enjoy the next installement of this series think I will download soon too!! xx