Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (Buddy Reads) > Angels Blood - Nalini Singh [Buddy Read]

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Jul 03, 2011 09:27AM) (new)

Lisa Wadsworth (djtjmom) | 78 comments Sarah and I will be reading the book Angels Blood by Nalini Singh. Anyone is weclome to join in our discussion of the book! We will be starting on July 10th. Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh

message 2: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments If anyone wants to keep reading the series, after reading this book. You may also discuss it here in another buddy thread: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5...

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments Lisa, do you want to break it down by chapters or do you just want to read and then update every so often with your thoughts?

I've done it both ways so I don't mind either way.

There are 40 chapters plus an epilogue.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Wadsworth (djtjmom) | 78 comments Sarah wrote: "Lisa, do you want to break it down by chapters or do you just want to read and then update every so often with your thoughts?

I've done it both ways so I don't mind either way.

There are 40 chap..."

I would rather read and then add comments every so often..I read all the time so I don't like to limit the amount of pages to read in a day....

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments Okay that sounds good :)

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Wadsworth (djtjmom) | 78 comments I have ordered this book but it hasn't come in the mail yet..hoping it comes in tomorrow..if you want to go ahead and start, I will catch up with you

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments I don't mind waiting for you, I have other books I'm still reading. :)

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments Did your book arrive yet? :)

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Wadsworth (djtjmom) | 78 comments I will check when I get home from work, and let you know..I am so sorry..I ordered it last week and they show they shipped it on Thursday..should be any day now!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments Oh okay, no problem!! :D It's not something you can control, I completely understand! No worries.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Wadsworth (djtjmom) | 78 comments I received the book today. We can start tonight...I have heard alot of good things about this author..kind of anxious to see how the book is...

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments Oh okay! Cool! I'll start tonight and post my thoughts on however far I get later. :D

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Wadsworth (djtjmom) | 78 comments I started Angels Blood last night and got to page 45. I have read alot of vampire books but have not read any about angels, so this is a NEW one for me. I had to get past the normal "cliche" of what I think of angels before I could start enjoying the book. Once I did that, I have gotten into the story.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments I'm up to page 32. I have read quite a few vamp books as well and none have featured Angels as the reason why they are vamps. I want to know why Elena was giving Raphael so much trouble. Is there some kind of past between them? She keeps mentioning how powerful and dangerous he is, yet she provokes him. Why? I hope more will be revealed as the story goes along.

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments I just finished and I can't believe it got so good!! There wasn't a lot of romance which I liked, I think the character development and the plot points were more important. I like that Raphael became such a softie towards Elena. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the ending.

message 16: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Wadsworth (djtjmom) | 78 comments I am at pge 145...WOW...I am really enjoying the book so far, but it has not been anything like I perceived it to be in the beginning...I hate having to put it down and go to bed..

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments I know exactly what you mean. I didn't know I could get into it because of the way it started off but I did. haha

message 18: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Wadsworth (djtjmom) | 78 comments I finally finished this book..this has not been a good week to try to read..seems like something was always going on..I really enjoyed this book..it was completly different from what I expected..I will definately be reading the second one! I too liked the way Raphael become more "tender" towards Elena, and I did not see the ending coming! But what a twist it was!

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments I'll definitely be reading the second one as well (I own all of them but I never read them).

When did you want to start Vampire Academy?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Angels' Blood (other topics)