Biracial/Mixed Race Literature discussion

Reading Material > Links to articles/blogs on the mixed race experience

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (shgmclicious) Scoop.it is still in beta testing, but I got in and started a topic on biracial literature: http://www.scoop.it/t/biracial-litera...

Let's share links here.

message 2: by Toni (new)

Toni Williams | 4 comments Hannah, intriguing topic! How about throwing the issue of 'colourism' into the mix. It's something all racially diverse communities have to contend with. Incidentally, last week I emailed you a coupon code for my novel 'Forbidden' which has a bi-racial character as one of the main characters. Among other things, it tries to show the challenges one has to endure when (to quote Derek Walcott) you are 'divided to the vein." It also tackles the issue of colourism. I was hoping you wouldn't mind reading it. I'd love to get your feedback.

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (shgmclicious) Did you send it through email or goodreads mail? I'm afraid I don't have it, but since I didn't know to expect it it might have gone to spam. Send again?

message 4: by Toni (new)

Toni Williams | 4 comments hannah wrote: "Did you send it through email or goodreads mail? I'm afraid I don't have it, but since I didn't know to expect it it might have gone to spam. Send again?"

No prob. I sent it again. I had sent it to mclicious.write@gmail.com I also sent it to your Goodreads mail to be on the safe side.

Cheers.