The Band Geeks United discussion

Band > Favorite Pieces?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Whitlea (new)

Whitlea | 9 comments What are your favorite pieces that your band has performed?

I love Fu Mon by Hoshina. My school did it for MPA and it was awesome. I didn't get a part though, there were too many percussionists. =P

Opening Night on Broadway arranged by Michael Brown holds a special place in my heart. I played it in middle school band, and it helped me gain more confidence in my playing abilities...

Ride by Samuel Hazo was pretty fun to play too. It was the only time I've ever see ffff printed in a percussion part. xD I had fun playing it, but I'm not sure the tubas and euphoniums appreciated the cymbal's contribution. :c

So what about you?

message 2: by Cissi "Invisible but Invincible", I guess I should put some insightful phrase on here... Ah, well. (new)

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 312 comments Mod
I loved this one piece that my music teacher wrote for our drumline this year. I was Drum Captain, our school's version of a "Drum Major", and I got to help everyone learn.
Oddly enough, I'm not a snare. I'm a tenor quad. :)
But it was really fun, fast, light. Just the epitome of dance music, only in drums, and it was way fun to play. :)
I also like playing Waltz's. They're always so much fun to warp the saxophone's sound into charming and elegant. :) proves interesting, every time, without fail.