City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) City of Fallen Angels discussion

Predictions for Book 5

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kimi What do you all think will happen in book 5 (City of Lost Souls)? Do you think Clary will be able to save Jace? Will Maia and Jordan get back together? What else do you see happening in the next book???

Anna McGonnell It would be cool if a new character that would go would be a warlock to go out with Simon so he will have a girl forever.........but she should be the complete opposite of Magnus and be all country and same age and stuff............but that would leave Isabella out so what to do with her???

Shakira Just a heads up, there is quoted text from City of Lost Souls below. Do not read if you don't want to see them..

~/~
My guesses at how CoLS will work out:

Clary will see that Jace turned evil because of Sebastian/Jonathan's influence and will not be able to change him in this book. In the mean time, Jonathan moves in closer to Clary. (“You have a dark heart in you, Valentine’s daughter,” he said. “You just won’t admit it. And if you want Jace, you had better accept it. Because he belongs to me now.”)

Simon will move out and do his own thing torn between Izzy and Maia. Izzy will make moves on Jordan/Kyle: (“I don’t do false reassurances,” Izzy said, and pushed the tequila bottle away from her. Her eyes, on Jordan, were lively and dark. “Come here, werewolf boy.”) Maia and Simon will be upset about Izzy.

Jace perhaps will try to fight Sebastian, but I think that in this book he will probably give into it.

Alec and Magnus Bane will try to make Alec immortal so they can stay together, which could go along with this, though I'm not entirely sure: (“You’re a Lightwood,” she said. “Your family never gives up. I knew you wouldn’t let what I said to you that night well enough alone.”) This could be Camille talking.

The Seelie Queen will be involved quite a bit in this book. Clary will go to her and the Silent Brothers to try to help Jace out, the Silent Brothers won't/can't be able to help, but the Seelie Queen will know something about it. Everything will become very complicated and the Conclave will become involved.

So basically everything will be full of confusion and no conclusion.. Hoping I am wrong..

Tessa Shakira, I actually think you're thinking along the correct lines. I think that the last book will bring the conclusion of the the Sebastian/Jace situation. I too think that Magnus is going to use the white book to try and find a way to make alec immortal. And based on some things that have happened in the past between Clary and the Seelie Queen, and discussions that we've had on other boards, I agree with you that she'll go to her and try to get help for Jace.

Shakira I hadn't thought about Magnus using the white book for immortality, but that just might be what happens. The Seelie Queen, from dealings in the past will probably want something from Clary, that however, I cannot figure out. Any thoughts on this?

Maddie Shakira wrote: "Just a heads up, there is quoted text from City of Lost Souls below. Do not read if you don't want to see them..

~/~

Clary will see that Jace turned evil bec..."

Anything with Magnus and Alec drama will be great. And amazing deductions. Really good. All of these are plaudible possiblitiies

Yasmeen i just hope that they wont have to kill Jace to get rid of Jonathon..the release date for CoLS is soo far away..its coming out somewhere around May 2012!!

Dawn Hale Shakira wrote: "Just a heads up, there is quoted text from City of Lost Souls below. Do not read if you don't want to see them..

~/~

Oh if Izzy makes a move on Jordan... that will probably be one of the biggest mistakes of her life... she might lose Simon and Maia will probably try 2 kill her

I'd love it if Alec can become a immortal.. i luv him and Magnus Bane together!!

Sebastian needs to die!!... Just saying

Kimi Banana wrote: "It would be cool if a new character that would go would be a warlock to go out with Simon so he will have a girl forever.........but she should be the complete opposite of Magnus and be all count..."

Yeah that would suck if she didn't have anyone. I feel like things will work out with Isabelle and Simon. Simon will probably go through the same stuff that Mangnus does. Dang they're both with someone who they can't be with forever. That really does suck!

message 10: by Kimi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kimi Shakira wrote: "I hadn't thought about Magnus using the white book for immortality, but that just might be what happens. The Seelie Queen, from dealings in the past will probably want something from Clary, that ho..."

Yeah making deals with faerie always suck! She's going to owe the queen something huge but she's willing to do anything to save Jace.

Shakira I agree. I would love more Alec/Magnus Bane. It was be a good insert to the series having Magnus try to change Alec into an immortal. It would let Clary/Jace/Jonathan's story have a break so to speak.

Rebecca Dawn wrote: "Shakira wrote: "Just a heads up, there is quoted text from City of Lost Souls below. Do not read if you don't want to see them..

~/~

Clary will see that Jace..."

lol I love the "Sebastian needs to die!!... Just saying" thing. It reminds me of the movie Fired Up :P

I honestly have no idea of how this book will work out. Is this going to be the last one or will there be a sixth book?

Darciejay Shakira wrote: "Just a heads up, there is quoted text from City of Lost Souls below. Do not read if you don't want to see them..

~/~

i think your totally correct. i like what you've come up with and it all makes sense.

To Rebecca, there is a final 6th book called City of Heavenly Fire.

message 14: by nine (new) - rated it 5 stars

nine Shakira wrote: "Just a heads up, there is quoted text from City of Lost Souls below. Do not read if you don't want to see them..

~/~

wow you have some really good predictions. I could totally see that kinda stuff happening. Clary will probably end up having to do something for the Selie queen which will totally suck!! I totally agree that sebastian needs to go away already. poor clary and jace they can never be toghther forever something always has to come up.

message 15: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn Hale Rebecca wrote: "Dawn wrote: "Shakira wrote: "Just a heads up, there is quoted text from City of Lost Souls below. Do not read if you don't want to see them..

~/~

Clary

For sure!!!.. oh i luv that movie!

Allen ABH All i know is this book better be worth the money.Unlike CoFA and what ever happened to the catchy single adjectives for the books?!(city of BONES,city of ASHES) ya know :P?

Allen ABH Rebecca wrote: "Dawn wrote: "Shakira wrote: "Just a heads up, there is quoted text from City of Lost Souls below. Do not read if you don't want to see them..

~/~

Clary ..."

btw there is going to be six books (why..idk) its going to be called city of heavenly fire

Shakira Yes. City of Lost Souls comes out 5/1/12, and City of Heavenly Fire comes out 9/1/13. I'm hoping that she makes the next two books (CoLS and CoHF)worth reading.

Yasmeen ^^true..

message 20: by Kimi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kimi nine wrote: "Shakira wrote: "Just a heads up, there is quoted text from City of Lost Souls below. Do not read if you don't want to see them..

~/~

Clary will see that Jace..."

I know right! Just Go away Sebastian... you're suppose to be dead! lol I just want Clary and Jace happy! They need some happiness! =)

message 21: by Jay (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jay but then the story will end to early.

message 22: by Shakira (last edited Jul 17, 2011 04:57PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Shakira The story is basically over. The CoG ended the series in my opinion. Even though there are the 3 other books after CoG they aren't really part of the series anymore. She is stretching it too much. She just wasn't into CoFA like she was the 3 previous books.

I like to think that CoFA, CoLS, and CoHF are just add-on's to the series to complete the other character's stories. Ex: Simon, Maia, Magnus Bane/Alec, Izzy, etc.

We'll see how it goes though.

message 23: by Jay (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jay probably

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

maybe magnus will try and make himself mortal

message 25: by Kimi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kimi Shakira wrote: "The story is basically over. The CoG ended the series in my opinion. Even though there are the 3 other books after CoG they aren't really part of the series anymore. She is stretching it too much. ..."

I feel you. There are so many important characters being developed so I feel that there will be a lot more focused on them but also Clary and Jace since they're so special. But yes I'm excited to see what happens with Maia and Jordan / Izzy and Simon / Magnus and Alec. It'll be really interesting.

But since Harry Potter is over, they've got to have another huge series. There were 7 Harry Potter books so I feel like they want this series to last for at least 5 to 8 years. But there's also a lot of other book to movie series being made in the next few years. So I'm really excited. =)

Samantha oh my frigging god... what a clif hanger at the end!!! I was so mad! There is supposed to be two or three more, so thankfully we will find out.. But I don't want to have to WAIT THAT LONG!!!!! UGH!!!!!

Jenny ★ Kimi ★ wrote: "Banana wrote: "It would be cool if a new character that would go would be a warlock to go out with Simon so he will have a girl forever.........but she should be the complete opposite of Magnus an..."

and there goth Lightwoods too! :(

message 28: by Liza (new) - rated it 3 stars

Liza I want to know what the Seelie Queen wants. If she's not involved in book 5 her presence was pointless in book 4.

Shakira Precisely. It's not going to be something good I'm sure. Last time they had to go to her it wasn't pleasant, unless you were Jace/Clary.

Daniela-Goddess of Reading I think Clary might break up with Jace, because I think she will see the change in Jace(Because Jace is being possessed by Sebastian)but of course she doesn't know that he is possessed, and who knows, maybe a new character might be introduced and Clary may like him.

Arushi Shakira wrote: "The story is basically over. The CoG ended the series in my opinion. Even though there are the 3 other books after CoG they aren't really part of the series anymore. She is stretching it too much. ..."

my thoughts exactly. i think good books should be triogies. not more, because then they drag on and oooon. and not like one book because then i want more. so a trilogy is good. everything was all finished then, all of the sudden, jace is possessed, and all this other drama...?

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Nuobelle wrote: "maybe magnus will try and make himself mortal"

that's what i thought... I mean he mentioned that immortalitly is more of a curse than a blessing...

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

maybe tessa from the ID will show up??

XD

Abigail I wish!! It doesn't really make sence to have another book. I mean i am happy cause I love that series but really... I think it will be more based on Simon, although, I thought that things were pretty much worked out with him and Izzy. I keep on wondering about that prediction in book one " You will fall in Love with the wronge person" when is that going to come in????????

Abigail I hope that Magnus becones mortal so he can be with Alec.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

awwe me too <3

Whitney Abigail wrote: "I wish!! It doesn't really make sence to have another book. I mean i am happy cause I love that series but really... I think it will be more based on Simon, although, I thought that things were pre..."

Yes I'm kind of paranoid about that prediction as well. I hope in the end Jace and Clary end up together.
For book 5, I think that Clary will go to the "dark side" to be with Jace and betray all the other shadowhunters to try to find a way to save Jace. And yes there will definitely be a Seelie Court somewhere in this.

I also think that Tessa and some of the other characters from Clockwork Angel will come into this book. Magnus cannot forget them. Tessa isn't sure what she is and everyone seems to be calling her a warlock, this would make her immortal. So she would be in a similar situation as Magnus and Alec because neither Jem or Will is immortal. Maybe Magnus found a way to make either Will/Jem (depending on who she chose) immortal.

Abigail Jones Whitney wrote: "Abigail wrote: "I wish!! It doesn't really make sence to have another book. I mean i am happy cause I love that series but really... I think it will be more based on Simon, although, I thought that..."

I think it'd be cool if she and Will were immortal together forever =) Can I just say, Clockwork Prince depressed me.... I love Will and *spoiler if you haven't read CP ------->* what happened with Jem aggravated me so much! I know, I'm a freak. :'( But I wanna cry. Ergles.
But yeah anyway, I think that somebody from ID should make an appearance, although I don't know about Tessa, because there might be a chance she isn't actually an immortal/warlock and if she showed up this would be refuted. Maybe Woosley Scott? lOOOOvveedDd hIm....

Alexa I think clary will saved jace by the end of book 5 cause the summary for book 6 say clary and JACE face war and blah blah idc only for jace

Mad about i think sebastian/jonathan will try and control Jace for a while and play with Clarys emotions.everyone will only see the evil side of him and he'll have to leave
i think someones bound to die but dont know who
her moms probably going to get pregnant aswell

george ☽ I have no idea what will happen as there are so many possibilities, but I do know one thing. I. CANNOT. FREAKING. WAIT. FOR. THE. CITY. OF. LOST. SOULS.

esthermarie Ha ha ha! Just breathe...not to long now...
Actually, this wasn't my favorite book of the series, but I still can't wait to read COLS, 'cause I want to know what happens!

PostCardashian Kim i think Jace will get worse and worse and go really bad, but I'm not looking forward to that, cos it always seems to be about Jace's dark side

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

well i can tell from city of glass that ultimately cassandra is going to leave us with a happy ending, because she wasnt planning to do a six series book when she started writing city of glass, so before she chose to expand, she wanted the villain to die, and a happy ending where clary and jace end up together, therefore i think she's going to carry on this plan with city of lost souls and city of heavenly fire. im sure simon and izzy end up together, they have way more chemistry! i have a feeling cols is going to be a sad book... because alec is going to upset :(

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

okay, so apparently there are meant to be new characters - one new boy and one new girl. my guess is that clary will befriend the new guy and (because sebastian is now part of jace) she will grow closer to him, as jace/sebastian will probably drift away from her. and, i dunno, maybe sebastian will take over and go for the new chick - causing jace and clary to break up or take a time out in their relationship.
but they'll end up back together, of course. i'd seriously cry if they didn't. shit would go down.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

no there is city of lost souls and city of heavenly fire

PostCardashian Kim definitely it's going to get WAY worse for jace before it gets better. i think ALL of book 5 he's going to be stuck in it.
But maybe we will see Clary's dark side too. She is Valentines daughter...