The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Lightning Thief discussion

book and movie

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jordan so i think that the book is amazing and hilarious, but the movie is almost completely different. i still really love the movie. its a really cool spin on the original story. :)

Juliet eh, it would have been cool if it was it's own movie, but because it was based off an amazing book and was completely different, the movie pales in comparison.

Lindis Russell So, what your saying Juliet, is that I'm right not to watch the movie until I've read the book?

I've been holding out on watching the movie because I haven't read the book yet. But It's pretty low on my to-read list because I've got SOOOOO much to read! : ) and SO little time!

Juliet Lindis wrote: "So, what your saying Juliet, is that I'm right not to watch the movie until I've read the book?

I've been holding out on watching the movie because I haven't read the book yet. But It's pretty ..."

that is exactly what I'm saying, and you should move PJ up a little on the list because it is AMAZING!

Jordan This book really is amazing and honestly you could watch the movie first if you wanted to! The movie is so much different so you'll be shocked once you've seen the movie and read the book.

Juliet agreed, but I think you should read the books first to get an opinion of the series

MizziQ I watched the movie first and love the books! It doesn't matter which way just make sure you read the books sometime. Sooner rather than later! :)

Jordan yah it works both ways

Ethan I honestly can not decide which one is better

Jordan i know you cant ethan ur obsessed with it.

MizziQ :) Welcome to the world of obsessive people. You will fit right in. :)

Juliet there's a movie called Obsessed

MizziQ Really!? Any good?

Juliet idk, I see it on the channel guide all the time but never actually watch it.....lol

MizziQ OK...well....cool then. :) Ah IGTG.... Chairs to sit in, books to read...:)

Juliet same, but I'm going to the store...anyways bye!

message 17: by Ricky (last edited Jul 11, 2011 10:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ricky Stafford I was really disappointed when I watched the movie, I read the book first. Not only was there too much that was different, the acting was poor as well.

I love the books.

Madeline agreed

Donevan (Zeme) I hated it so much couldn't finish. It hades looked like a demon insade of his human dark form.

SarahO I saw the trailer to the movie first and thought it would be awesome so I read the book.... then I watched the trailer again and went "Oh my gosh, this is going to be awful!"lol It was so different and the actors were totally wrong (not to mention to old). I think they wanted to reach older kids but in doing so ruined the story... Blagh!

04AlisaC the movie was so messed up but it pretty good to!!!
but the books are so much better!!!
they got Percy and Annabeth actors way wrong!!!
and how could they not show Clarisse!!!
but i think that they got Grover's and Chiron's actors perfect!!!

Mas5thgrade2012 I saw the movie and read the book. The movie was good but the book was bad.:(