Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Spectacular Series > Fallen Angel series by JR Ward

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab)

I'm sorry I'm so late! Things have been hectic as we get ready for our trip.

Here is the thread for our group read. I can't wait to hear all your thoughts this month.

message 2: by Leea (new)

Leea I'm going to start it after the 4th... can't wait!!

message 3: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments I did not read, but wow, what a cover....

message 4: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) The Crave cover is the one I really like...

I'm going to read this one since I already read Covet. That way at least I'm reading the same series.

message 5: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Haha makes sense, she really gets fun covers!

message 6: by Leea (new)

Leea Great idea Wendy! I love Crave's cover with the angel wings.

Aroma with Love  | 123 comments I'm soooo forgetfull, remember how I wabted to start reading Covet 2 weeks ago?! And when July started I totally forgot,,,, just saw this by chance.... (Argh)... I'm still on book 4 of Aisling Grey.. I'll try to hurry my reading so I could start Covet....

message 8: by Elke (last edited Jul 03, 2011 05:10AM) (new)

Elke (ejurca) I am starting after the 4th also!! Just want to finish Lover Unbound before!

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura (httpwwwgoodreadscomlaura) | 5 comments If you have read the Blackdagger Brotherhood books, you'll recognize some characters and locations in Covet. It's a great book. Since I've already read Covet and Crave, I look forward to your reactions to them both.

message 10: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I'll probably read Crave in a few days. I'm reading Camp Hell (PsyCop, #5) by Jordan Castillo Price first.

message 11: by Elke (new)

Elke (ejurca) Just started Covet tonight!

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmcg) | 4 comments I have started Covet, but I need to take a break from it. So far I'm having trouble getting into the story. But, I think if I take a break and come back to it with fresh eyes I'll be more enthused about it.

message 13: by Elke (new)

Elke (ejurca) I also was not getting into it...but I had heard that right after the 100th page it starts getting interesting. So I pushed myself to keep going...sure enough...I am hooked!!!

message 14: by Leea (new)

Leea 100 pages... well it's the first in let's hop a long good series. I'm going to start it today.

message 15: by D.G. (new)

D.G. I have it on audio so I'm hoping to start it once I finish the book I'm listening now.

Question - Are there any BDB spoilers in this book? I'm just up to BDB #5 so I don't want to read this if it has some spoilers for later in the series...

message 16: by Elke (new)

Elke (ejurca) D.G,

I heard that Phury makes an appearance, but not sure if there are any real spoilers.

I am also not done with BDB...I am going to start #6 after Covet. Hopefully there aren't any major spoilers!

message 17: by Amber (new)

Amber | 3 comments I am a great fan of Black Daggerhood, I did not like Covet. I enjoyed recognizing people and places from the daggerhood series but just could not get into this book. It took be 4 days to finish(which is a long time for me, especially being a JR Ward book) and I skimmed the last 150 pages. I will try this series once more with the second book and with hope it will improve for me.

message 18: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I wasn't into the first either. It was just mediocre.

message 19: by Amy (new)

Amy I've just added it to my read pile. So excited. Is Crave book two in the series? Or are they stand alone books?

message 20: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Book 2. THey could be read as stand alones, I believe. But they follow Jim Heron in his battle to save souls. Each book is about a new soul.

message 21: by Elke (new)

Elke (ejurca) ok, I see what you all mean. Its not that its a bad book, but it has a lot details for the series.

I am on page 335 and normally I would be done! Hopefully I will be done by tomorrow night!

message 22: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Once the story got going it went faster, definitely. I loved reading about Trez, hahaha... wait did I say that already?

message 23: by Leea (new)

Leea I may skip this one... I know I know but I just read the whole Sookie Stackhouse series and I've had PNR/UF overload. I'll catch the next Group Read.

message 24: by D.G. (new)

D.G. I just started it...

message 25: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I had that problem too Leea. I tried to start it but I was paranormaled out for a while. I went back to one of my favorite series, Kindred in Death. I just needed a break and I needed something solid. The In Death series is always a good one for me. And it's familiar.

message 26: by D.G. (new)

D.G. I'm almost halfway through it and I'm enjoying it a lot. But in a sense, it's feeling more like a mystery than a romance - meaning, that the goal is for Jim to figure out how to help Vin and the love story is a by product of that.

I'm also listening it in audiobook and the narration is great. The guy has a great voice.

message 27: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I think it's the same guy who does the BDB book narration, right?

That's what I felt too. It was more Urban Fantasy Mystery then romance. And from what I hear, Crave has even less romance.

message 28: by D.G. (new)

D.G. It's not the same guy. The Fallen Angels is narrated by Eric Dove and the BDB is narrated by Jim Frangione (at least the first few books I checked.)

Yes, I agree that the book is more UF than PNR. But I guess it makes sense that Ward would like to reach out to a different audience for those readers that are into the first but not the second.

message 29: by Elke (last edited Jul 13, 2011 11:21AM) (new)

Elke (ejurca) Ok, finished the book! IMO....It had its interesting parts, but I am not in a hurry to read the next one.

Maybe its because I am in the middle of reading the BDB series. Once I am done with that I will try the Fallen Angels once again.

Can't wait to see what we have for the August read!

message 30: by D.G. (last edited Jul 10, 2011 11:53AM) (new)

D.G. I finished it and liked it very much. I've been looking for UF with a male lead and this really fit the bill. I don't know that I'd have read it so soon if it weren't for the Group Read so thanks!

I'm definitely looking forward to the next one. Too bad I'm #15 in the waiting list at the library and they only have two copies. :(

message 31: by SANDRA (new)

SANDRA (smilleysandy) | 88 comments just started it today. hopefully i like it!!! I'm getting a lot of mixed feelings here.. :)

Aroma with Love  | 123 comments Just started reading it, less than 5 pages.... Is it an Erotica?

message 33: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Aroma with Love wrote: "Just started reading it, less than 5 pages.... Is it an Erotica?"

Nope. More like UF.

Aroma with Love  | 123 comments UF, stands for what?

I've reached one third of the book, and still in the dark on Cade's secret?!

message 35: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Urban Fantasy.

Hmmm...Cade? Gosh, I don't remember any Cade in the book!

message 36: by SANDRA (new)

SANDRA (smilleysandy) | 88 comments Aroma with Love wrote: "UF, stands for what?

I've reached one third of the book, and still in the dark on Cade's secret?!"

CADE?? who is that. I'm on page 149 and loving it so far... :D

message 37: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I don't remember anyone named Cade either....

message 38: by SANDRA (new)

SANDRA (smilleysandy) | 88 comments me either... hmm mb she referring to Jim?? or Vin?? IDK

i like it so far.. :D

Aroma with Love  | 123 comments I think I've been reading the wrong book :s

message 40: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Oh no! I was afraid of that when you said Cade... what book are you reading?

message 41: by SANDRA (new)

SANDRA (smilleysandy) | 88 comments O im sry.. which u reading?

Aroma with Love  | 123 comments It's confirmed, I was reading this book
Marly's Choice (Men of August, #1) by Lora Leigh
If you notice my post from last week were I asked if it was an erotica and reading less than 5 pages?! That's because I was reading before falling asleep and must have tapped the book next to Covet by mistake and been reading it since!!!! The funny thing is I never thought to check the name of book/author appearing on top of each page :P
Now, I'm really reaaaaaally behind in reading July's read "Sigh"

Aroma with Love  | 123 comments I blame it on the dark!!! hahaha, I was reading in total darkness trying to fall asleep..... :$

message 44: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) HAHAHA! that really stinks! im sorry.

message 45: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmcg) | 4 comments Ok, so I finally finished Covet and.... I did not enjoy it. I tried taking a break and coming back to it, but I still couldn't get into the story or believe in the characters. There were some points that were mildly interesting, but I wasn't buying the whole romance aspect (waaayyyy too many issues there) and I think I am just off put by the author's writing style. Oh well. What didn't work for me may work for someone else.

message 46: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I love J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series. You should give that one a shot (give it the first 2 books).

But when it comes to Covet, I felt the same way. I didn't connect to anyone at all. (Except Trez and that's cause he's from the BDB books, lol.)

message 47: by D.G. (new)

D.G. I liked the book but I agree with you Sarah that there were too many issues with the romance. It felt really rushed.

message 48: by willaful (new)

willaful Hehe... I popped in here with a couple of questions and the last two posts answered both of them.

I started this but think I'll put it aside for now -- I'm not that into it and I mostly read for romance.

message 49: by Carol (new)

Carol Keogh (Goodfellow) (carolgoodfellowkeogh) I really like the fallen angels series, there is more to the story than romance alone, which I like but You can only have so much high emotion. It is nice when there is a little mystery involved.

message 50: by Elke (new)

Elke (ejurca) Currently reading Crave...its not bad, I am flying right through it! I think it is much better than Covet though, the first one was very slow for me!!

« previous 1