Kindle & Nook Lending for Christian Fiction Fans discussion

My Kindle is brand-new

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather (ham1299) So, I'm still learning it. But so far, I love it. I love that I can write notes as I read, look up words, etc. But I need a little help.

1. Where do I go to connect to the wi-fi network? I have 3G, but I still wanna know! ;-)

2. How do I convert PDFs sent by authors so that I can read it on the Kindle?

message 2: by Joy (new)

Joy  (joytdavid) | 27 comments Mod
I am still figuring mine out too, but I have sent myself a PDF.

Log into your amazon account and make sure you authorize your email address if it's different from the one you use for amazon. Then send the PDF from your email address to your Kindle email address that amazon assigned you. They will convert it so you can read it.

I connect to wifi in my house. Do you have wifi in your house? I don't have the 3G connection. Whenever I walk into my house my kindle hooks up to wifi. But my husband set it up for me. He had to enter our password once and now the device stores it.

As to writing notes and looking up words, I haven't tried it yet.

I saw your review of Forever! I can't wait to read it. I'm going to borrow my mother's ebook of Linger and read that next then move right on to Forever.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather (ham1299) Shortly after I posted this I figured it all out! LOL So, I'm good. And, I found how to send it the PDF free, so I don't have to worry about the charge for conversion. And, yes, I got the Wi-Fi figured out, too. When I went to do something (can't remember what), it told me it needed Wi-fi, and it's good. :-) Thanks for the answer.

Forever was absolutely fantastic. I am so, so glad I finally read the series!

message 4: by Joy (new)

Joy  (joytdavid) | 27 comments Mod
I'd been waiting until book three releases to read book 2, b/c I hate cliff hangers and I accidentally read a spoiler for Linger so I know what happens. My 68 year old mother loves the series too. She's anxiously awaiting the third book as well.

For free downloads is there a trick other than changing the maximum price to $0? Amazon had it set at $10 and I switched it to $0 then sent my PDF. I don't think I got charged.

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather (ham1299) Use the same e-mail username, but alter the address.

[username]@free.kindle.com