Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Carol's May and June reads

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7808 comments These two months I reread the Princess Meredith Gentry series by Laurell K. Hamilton: A Kiss of Shadows, A Stroke of Midnight, A Caress of Twilight, Seduced by Moonlight, A Lick of Frost, Mistral’s Kiss, Swallowing Darkness -- boy, place these titles one after another and there’s no doubt what they’re about: a little sex, romance, mystery, intrigue, fantasy and magic all roled into one. okay a lot of sex. but I love this series, the world she creates, the royal intrigue and the way in which it impacts on the human world.

Sixkill by Robert B. Parker 4 out of 5. Bittersweet since it is his last book. I agree with whoever said that Sixkill must have been intended to be a recurring character, let’s see what the next author does with him. It was interesting if a bit stereotypical and a trademark Spenser character.

Running Hot (Arcane Society #5) Jayne Ann Krentz. Romantic suspense, formulaic but no less and no more than I was looking for.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14289 comments Carol: It must have been fun to go through the series again all in a row, each book seems like "a day in the life of Princess Meredith" anyway... ;)
I really enjoy Jayne Ann Krentz's Arcane books too!
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "These two months I reread the Princess Meredith Gentry series by Laurell K. Hamilton ...Running Hot (Arcane Society #5) Jayne Ann Krentz. Romantic suspense, formulaic but no less and no more than I was looking for."

message 3: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7808 comments Ann, it was indeed. It was easier to recall some of the minor characters, and the complicated aspects of the customs and history of the world she created.

Ann wrote: "Carol: It must have been fun to go through the series again all in a row, each book seems like "a day in the life of Princess Meredith" anyway... ;)
I really enjoy Jayne Ann Krentz's Arcane books ..."

message 4: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2963 comments Are you trying to be efficient? Will we soon see "Carol's 2012"?

message 5: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7808 comments Barry wrote: "Are you trying to be efficient? Will we soon see "Carol's 2012"?"

heaven forbid.