Suicide, a no go discussion

Suicide > discussion -> why people do it

Comments Showing 1-50 of 88 (88 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

why do YOU think people may commite suicide

message 2: by Gloria (new)

Gloria  Jackson (PlanetQueen72) | 26 comments I think because they can't cope, or they don't feel that their life is worth living anymore.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

i do to. or they are bullied to much and start to feel unloved.

message 4: by Gloria (new)

Gloria  Jackson (PlanetQueen72) | 26 comments Which links in to what I was saying....they feel unloved, so start thinking they are worthless and it just spirals.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

ya, (i was backing u up)

message 6: by Gloria (new)

Gloria  Jackson (PlanetQueen72) | 26 comments Right. Yeah, I missed that.

message 7: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) I think mabey they feel unimportant or friendless, that nobody would care, or their life is worthless.

message 8: by Braden (new)

Braden (dcboy) | 38 comments Mod
maybe because they are abused

message 9: by Gloria (new)

Gloria  Jackson (PlanetQueen72) | 26 comments @Braden: I was just about to say that.

message 10: by liz (new)

liz (liz272) | 39 comments Maybe because... they feel hell can't be much worse than what they've been put through already.

message 11: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Mabey because they have been in alot of physical pain for along time and it just keeps getting worse, so they feel death would be easier and painless.

message 12: by Braden (new)

maybe because everyone starts to ignore them and they think it would be easier to be dead than to be ignored

message 13: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Mabey they were in an accident and were injured badly enough to not beable to work and feel like they cant continue on with like.

message 14: by liz (new)

liz (liz272) | 39 comments try to act like a normal teenager; I run and laugh and play
But at the end of the day,
It's hard to keep sane
When all you feel is pain

I try to keep on going, even when it feel like I should give in
Because giving in is a sin
You can't give up on life when you haven't even lived, yet
Think of all the things I haven't done, and the people I haven't met

I don't know if I can keep this up much longer
The pain is starting to pull me under
I'm like a fish out of water, gasping for breath and fighting till the end
I know that there are some things that just wont mend

You can wish for money and fame
But my single wish would put your millions to shame
All I wish for is a little happiness through a pain-free day

message 15: by liz (new)

liz (liz272) | 39 comments Maybe because of pain...

message 16: by liz (new)

liz (liz272) | 39 comments Thanks :)

It a couple months old, now :)

message 17: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) I really like that one.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

me too

message 19: by Braden (new)

same

message 20: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Are thereany more you want to share?

message 21: by Kish (new)

Kish Kish (KishoreDaswani) | 6 comments I think its about how they think of their life, they think that it is empty and that it would have been the same as if they were dead.

In the minds of a person who wants to kill themselves, it is not about being hurt, abused, a chemical imbalance or a hundred different reasons.

The main thing is that they have a hard time in finding out something to be passionate about, something truly passionate about. They tend to follow what other people would consider as happiness and success and they try to achieve these but in the end they either get obstacles or great success.

In both instances they still feel empty and they can't find the beauty in living life, living their own life.

It is very difficult to talk to or console people who plan on killing themselves, it is often not enough telling them that it will be better or they are worth it, it is a matter of actually making them believe in a dream and following that dream.

It is that dream, that vision, that goal in life that makes a person move forward, whether we say plan a, plan b or plan c, at the end of the day they have a goal in life.

It is that same dream or vision that must be imparted to the person who plans on ending it all, even it is as simple as entering an art contest. Baby steps are all that is needed and move on forward to a larger goal.

message 22: by Kish (new)

Kish Kish (KishoreDaswani) | 6 comments *Iridessa* ((Blue)) wrote: "i don't know why. i wish i did. i lost a friend this yr. becasue of it....."

I'm sorry for your loss...suicide is not an easy thing to deal with for the person who wants to commit and even more difficult for the people that care.

message 23: by liz (new)

liz (liz272) | 39 comments I dug a hole so deep, I never thought I'd see the light of day.
Buried myself alive, hoped it wouldn't last much longer.
When I looked back up, I knew there was light.
But I didn't want it, I didn't deserve it.
This life of mine, it wasn't worth keeping.
Who needed me or even wanted me, anyways?
So I turned my head, refused to see what was right in front of me.
The pain kept me grounded, and it seemed like I wasn't hurting anyone.
The pain was mine to bear alone, just like it had alwys been.
I smiled to hide it around those who pretended to still care.
The tears never left my eyes, how could they?
Love lost, or was it really love?
I didn't know, I didn't even know myself anymore.
I carried on, covering the scars, pretending they weren't there.
I carried on, refusing to let any of it show.
I kept my head down, letting no one see my eyes.
It worked for two years, but pretending wasn't enough.
I couldn't live like that much longer, so I tried to end it.
I knew the only people who would really notice were those who abused me everyay.
Hit me, called me names, trying to hurt me more.
One day, it was too much, so I went to my room.
They found me, barely brething, passed out.
They thought I needed to be locked up somewhere, and they were probably right.
Two more times, I tried before I realized thatit wasn't worth it.

I guess they actually didn't see how far I'd fallen. Maybe that's why they don't realize just how far I've made it.

message 24: by Kish (new)

Kish Kish (KishoreDaswani) | 6 comments LIZ *loves the way you lie* wrote: "I dug a hole so deep, I never thought I'd see the light of day.
Buried myself alive, hoped it wouldn't last much longer.
When I looked back up, I knew there was light.
But I didn't want it, I didn'..."

Strong and powerful words :) You have real talent, keep on writing :D

message 25: by Irene (last edited Jul 05, 2011 08:24PM) (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) @Iridessa: I'm sorry for your loss, losing someone to sucide is hard.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I lost my bf to suicide

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

it's ok, it sucks to lose someone from suicide.

message 28: by Kish (new)

Kish Kish (KishoreDaswani) | 6 comments @ Iridessa & Wolf Lover: Sorry for both of your losses, how are you guys holding up?

message 29: by Kish (new)

Kish Kish (KishoreDaswani) | 6 comments Just hang in there, if you want to talk just let me know.

message 30: by Kish (new)

Kish Kish (KishoreDaswani) | 6 comments :)

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate to say that there was one time where suicide was the answer

message 32: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) It is NEVER the answer, wether you realize it or not there is always a reason to live.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Let me think of a situation...

You must commit suicide to save everyone else on Earth.....yeah, ok. =) lol...but in any other case, no...

"I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone (or dead...)" -MCR♥

♫Morgan♫ *composer but never composed* (morgan1123) "but where's your heart?" :)

♫Morgan♫ *composer but never composed* (morgan1123) HEY did someone delete the link to the video i posted or am i going crazy(er)?!

message 36: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Are you sure you posted it here? I know you have video posts else where.

♫Morgan♫ *composer but never composed* (morgan1123) i hope so. maybe ive just gone insane?!!!
ill go check.

♫Morgan♫ *composer but never composed* (morgan1123) F*CK I AM INSANE.
i feel ashamed >.<

message 39: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Don't be, we are all human :)

♫Morgan♫ *composer but never composed* (morgan1123) grr i just inadverdently rhymed AGAIN. "you know what they say about people who inadverdently rhyme. theyre often fans of the green bay packers. so... there's that." -andy biersack
im sorry i just feel the need to post that every time i inadverdently rhyme. D*MN IT I DID IT AGAIN!
im just gonna go hide in the corner now >.<

message 41: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Morgan? Quit swearing and come out of the corner :)

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Irene wrote: "Don't be, we are all human :)"

Therefore we are all a bit insane...

♫Morgan♫ *composer but never composed* (morgan1123) me? quit swearing? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT'S THE FUNNIEST JOKE I EVER HEARD!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Irene wrote: "It is NEVER the answer, wether you realize it or not there is always a reason to live."

It was to bring the long terms of conussions

message 45: by Irene (last edited Jul 27, 2011 05:07PM) (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) I don't quite understand.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

This guy in the NFL to many hard hits and got a few concussions.... And what people didn't know that well was the long term effects of concussions

So he said he couldnt take the pain from he long term effects..... And his death note said something like "look inside my brain" and the concussions left his head very damaged.... He showed the world that they had big impacts

message 47: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Oh :( that's sad and alot of people don't know of the long term affects.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Well you can't get into a person brain and really look and see the physical effects until death

message 49: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Yeah, true but you can do a special scan (either CAT PET MRI CT) and you can see the physical damage. The thing is not many are done and the affects aren't well known, even by doctors.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

But the pain from concussions long term mist be horrible

« previous 1