The FAYZ discussion

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 217 comments Mod
The head Coates kids, Caine is an ambitious man. He has the power of telekinesis, to the extreme. He's one of the two four-bars in the FAYZ, and was featured in GONE, HUNGER, LIES, and PLAGUE.

message 2: by Rudy (new)

Rudy The best guy ever! Epic power, and goal oriented.

message 3: by Iviana (The Sign Painter) (last edited Jul 02, 2011 05:13PM) (new)

This is the story of my relationship with Caine:
Frst introduced: skeptical.
Story goes on: despises.
HUNGER: hate.
LIES: hate.
Beginning of PLAGUE: Hate hate hate. Oh Jesus. You just made a bunch of fangirls mad, myself not incuded.
Towards te end: You asshat. You stupid asshat.
Even more towards the end: ... You're not so bad anymore.
End: ... I hate you.

message 4: by Rudy (new)

Rudy ^^
Like. Like so much.

message 5: by Moon (new)

Moon (moonstonesandbooks) | 51 comments Iviana (The Sign Painter!) wrote: "This is the story of my relationship with Caine:
Frst introduced: skeptical.
Story goes on: despises.
HUNGER: hate.
LIES: hate.
Beginning of PLAGUE: Hate hate hate. Oh Jesus. You just made a bu..."

*Likes*

I really hate him. He's just a power-hungry guy. End-of-story.

message 6: by Rudy (new)

Rudy I get why everyone hates him. All he is concerned with is his own happiness and power. But you have to consider his background. He grew up in a military school, seeing his mom only occasionally. He had fight to survive among other kids, and one of his friends was a psychopath. He has had a shitty life, and now he is finally in a situation where he can seize power? I'm fairly certain most people would take that.

I also feel like he is the most likable villain. Drake is a monster, the Gaiaphage is an alien, and the Human crew hate our heros for helping them. I didn't sympathize with any of them, but I could with Caine. He even saved the FAYZ by getting beyond his issues with Sam to kill the Gaiaphage (Granted, it was for selfish purposes, but...). Again, I understand why people hate him, but I find him an interesting character.

Yes, I realize his background. But in PLAGUE, we see his ethics: he cares more about power than the people he has power over. (Also, Drake was never his friend. Drake doesn't really have friends. Drake is just a sociopath with a tentacle arm).

Technically, he didn't kill the gaiaphage, seeing as how the gaiaphage is still powering over Brittany/Drake. And technically, he didn't get rid of the bugs, but only got rid of some of them with Brianna. Little Pete did it.

message 8: by Moon (new)

Moon (moonstonesandbooks) | 51 comments He is an interesting character, but it does get a bit tedious to read about him, after a while. He is a pretty static character. There isn't much of his personality that has evolved.

^ exactly.

message 10: by Rudy (new)

Rudy Alright. I can understand that. I hope Fear will either change his personality or kill him off.

message 11: by Moon (new)

Moon (moonstonesandbooks) | 51 comments Actually, I don't think that he should be killed off. I'm just hoping that his personality changes.

Admittedly, he changes quite a bit in PLAGUE, but then he goes back to being an asshat. -_-

message 13: by Moon (new)

Moon (moonstonesandbooks) | 51 comments I haven't yet read PLague, but two of my friends spoiled it for me. I know that Diana gets pregnant.

It's all Caine's fault.

message 15: by Moon (new)

Moon (moonstonesandbooks) | 51 comments Iviana (The Sign Painter!) wrote: "It's all Caine's fault."

xD

message 16: by Dani (new)

Dani Henderson  (astridride) | 36 comments True

message 17: by Caine'owata (new)

Caine'owata | 7 comments I love it. It is the best hero ♥