Writing Passionates discussion

Group Creations > Theories

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Hey! If you have those strange thoughts like me in the middle of the night, this is the place to put them!

message 2: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1770 comments ok heres one, I have this thouht all the time so here it goes,

lets say our earth is a dollhouse, and that dolllhouse is being played with by another larger, more important world, and whoever is playing is controling our lives. But is the pperson or thing playing with us being played with by someone even larger than them?

Where does the cycle end? is our world the smallest, is our world the largest? Where are we on the chain? and are all the dollhouses in our world another smaller world?

message 3: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) ooh...strange....makes my brain hurt....

A long time ago it was proved that the world was round, and that the sun didn't actually move, that the Earth did. But, what if everybody ran in one place in the opposite direction, all at impossible speeds? Would that change the rotation? or just leave every human impossibly tired?

And what if gravity was really just a mind force created by humans?

Scientists say that only 3% of our mind is used. What is the rest of our mind? If we find the secrets of the world, will we spontaneously combust? Was that the problem with SIDS, infants just discovering all of the world's secrets?

Several of my weird thoughts that enter my head when I'm tired, and I remember them all.

message 4: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
Wow, taleoflostink! i've had that thought so many times. I think the first time I thought of it was becuase of the We all live in a yellow submarine song. I mean, what if earth and the solar system were all in a yellow submarine, and the rest of the universe was just painted on the walls, and the submarine was just in an ocean on a planet that was outside of our universe because our universe was inside it? and then what if they were in a yellow submarine as well?

I've also had the thought with the computer game the sims... I mean, what if our life was a computer game and it was controled by giants?

I never thought that anyone besides me had considered this before. I guess I was wrong.

message 5: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Also, (and I know this is true, but impossible. let's just make it hypothetical for now...) let's say that no being on this earth had power over another. Nobody even knew power could exist. Would there be chaos due to nobody being in charge?

My answer is no. People trying to get power causes chaos. It's really as simple as that. Remove all concepts of power, and there you have it: world peace.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

That's why we have villains in most stories, trying to take over the world, which is another problem I have. What do the villains want other than taking over the world????

message 7: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) To Roni: There was a movie where this guy goes into this world and finds out that our world is being controlled by computers. And I love the song We All Live in a Yellow Submarine! The movie was....strange though.
um...
RILEY'S LIST OF WHAT VILLAINS WANT:
Revenge
Power
Somebody to love
Somebody to love them
Or they're just plain crazy people

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

There's got to be something else.

message 9: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Yes, if anyone knows what it could be please tell me.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

and me, i'm desperate for my characters to have another purpose.

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashocalypse) You forgot money.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

true enough.

message 13: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Villains:
Power
Money
Madness
Revenge
Love/Passion
Loneliness
Dependence/Not in control
Feeling unimportant/unloved
Being disrespected
Envy
Revenge
Feeling Rejected
Greedy

Some of these go together, but I think that these are the standard things that criminals do.

message 14: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

not that criminals do, really, more like their motives.

I so wish I could remeber the title of a book right now! in it this ten year old is so intensely questioned that he admits to murdering a little girl when he actually didn't, it was her brother and it was an accident. but then in the end, the kid decides that (and remember that he is TEN!) since they made him say that he murdered somebody, he would prove that he actually could. The last paragraph is something about him taking a butcher knife from the kitchen door, to be used against some random kid that he hates. That book was REALLY creepy. And in the end, where he would be the villan, I suppose, his motive is revenge.

message 15: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Oh, sorry. I also did Revenge twice. And I guess Greedy is the same as Money.
But there is this one criminal (eight year old girl) who would kill her playmates. The way you could tell that SHE was the one that did it, was that there was always an M carved into their forehead. This girl was 8.

message 16: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

umm, scary much? Hey, If you don't mind, Let's move this discussion to another topic(also in the Collection of Things, because it's a good idea!) and get back to our... theories.

message 17: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Okay!

message 18: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Well, what if all of our theories about Gods, and God, and Budha, and every other religious figure, were writers. And we're just characters.

message 19: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Sella Malin | 4530 comments Mod
OMG that's such a good theory!! It makes me wonder...it could be true...omg!

message 20: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) yeah...

message 21: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

creepy...

message 22: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) yeah...we're typing right now because that's what they said we'd do.
Sent a shiver down my spine.

message 23: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

sent a shiver down my spine just now too.

message 24: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

aaagh...a shiver also ran down my spine!! GAH!! 0.0

although...why would they want us to find out about them??

message 25: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) what do you mean?

message 26: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 5857 comments Mod
??? this is all beyond my small mind's comprehension. lol.

message 27: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) lol
So, sorta like my one story, where these people, whatever they write, happens.
BUT we're just the characters to some master author.

message 28: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

i meant that, if the writer people are controlling our every single thought and move, then that means that they've purposefully made us have this theory right now. but why would they want that?

message 29: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

they wouldn't. so it must be false.

message 30: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

besides, even if it were true, don't you know how out of hand characters can get?

message 31: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) I know, maybe it's like in Inkspell, they just create a little bit of the story, then we determine the rest.

message 32: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

hmm. somebody should go through the posts in this discussison and collect all of the theroys and put them in one post.

message 33: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Let’s say our earth is a dollhouse, and that dollhouse is being played with by another larger, more important world, and whoever is playing is controlling our lives. But is the person or thing playing with us being played with by someone even larger than them?
Where does the cycle end? Is our world the smallest, is our world the largest? Where are we on the chain? And are all the dollhouses in our world another smaller world?
A long time ago it was proved that the world was round, and that the sun didn't actually move that the Earth did. But, what if everybody ran in one place in the opposite direction, all at impossible speeds? Would that change the rotation? Or just leave every human impossibly tired?

And what if gravity was really just a mind force created by humans?

Scientists say that only 3% of our mind is used. What is the rest of our mind? If we find the secrets of the world, will we spontaneously combust? Was that the problem with SIDS, infants just discovering all of the world's secrets?

I’ve had that thought so many times. I think the first time I thought of it was because of the We all live in a yellow submarine song. I mean, what if earth and the solar system were all in a yellow submarine, and the rest of the universe was just painted on the walls, and the submarine was just in an ocean on a planet that was outside of our universe because our universe was inside it? And then what if they were in a yellow submarine as well?
I've also had the thought with the computer game the Sims... I mean, what if our life was a computer game and it was controlled by giants?

Also, (and I know this is true, but impossible. let's just make it hypothetical for now...) let's say that no being on this earth had power over another. Nobody even knew power could exist. Would there be chaos due to nobody being in charge? My answer is no. People trying to get power cause chaos. It's really as simple as that. Remove all concepts of power, and there you have it: world peace. That's why we have villains in most stories, trying to take over the world, which is another problem I have. What do the villains want other than taking over the world????
Well, what if all of our theories about Gods, and God, and Buddha, and every other religious figure, were writers. And we're just characters. So, sort of like my one story, where these people, whatever they write, happens.
BUT we're just the characters to some master author. I meant that, if the writer people are controlling our every single thought and move, then that means that they've purposefully made us have this theory right now. But why would they want that? They wouldn't. So it must be false. Besides, even if it were true, don't you know how out of hand characters can get? They just create a little bit of the story, and then we determine the rest.

message 34: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Wow. We're smart. XD

message 35: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

lol. that reminds me... *goes to start a new discussion*

message 36: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

lol! :D

message 37: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) lol. we are smart. or just really concieted crazy people who just escaped from an asylum-OH CRAP THEY'RE COMING FOR ME!
Lol. that just reminded me of a song on youtube. It's called: they're coming to take me away haha

message 38: by Arci (new)

Arci Rochett | 3 comments I have a theory about life and death. What if being alive is really being dead? and death is actual life? Meaning life is our death, why else would there be so much suffering in the world? Or at least life is a form of limbo. Whereas to death, every aspect of it is peace, therefore it's then that we truly start to live, or finally wake up and enter our idea of paradise. OKAY, I just confused my words. But I'm sure someone out there will understand what I'm trying to get to.

message 39: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) I understood. And it makes sense. Huh.

message 40: by Brigid ✩ (new)

yeah i get what you mean. kinda reminds me of Soul Stealer ... heehee.

message 41: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Okay, going to go steal something I said in another group...

message 42: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

*singing*
They're coming to take me away ha ha
they're coming to take me away ho ho
he he ha ha
to the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
And--

*blushes realizing other people are around, then looks up and reads previous posts. Says defiantly* I don't think it sounds like soul stealer AT ALL!

message 43: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) lol.
trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile while twiddling their thumbs...

message 44: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) 1. The first religion was Wiccan. Wiccan believes that the universe created itself...if that makes sense....in the form of yin and yang. Everything is connected, everything has an opposite. They have two gods, a male and a female. The female is all creation, the male is all destruction. But you can't have one without the other. Doesn't that remind you of God and the Devil? See, all of the gods that human kind has come up with are fighting this never ending battle between good and evil. And that's because we fight with good and evil every day. So doesn't it make sense that human kind would want something larger than them to be looking after them? That as long as they do the right thing they'll be okay?

2. When a person dies, people console them by saying it was all in God's plan. But what about an abortion? Wouldn't that be in God's plan? A murder? Of a twelve year old girl? Wouldn't that be in God's plan? And if it were in God's plan, then wouldn't he have had to control the murderer? Even if he did give us free will.

3. I believe in something bigger. Look at something like quantum physics or the theory of relativity. How could that just come to be? I think the world is an amazing place, and that it has to have a creator. But let's face it, with the start of God, there was the start of sin. Almost every war we've ever fought has had some background of religion. Religion is the root of all evil, but also the root of all good. We fought wars for or against beliefs! And we need to have different beliefs to be human. What are we doing right now? Defending our beliefs. If people just kept to themselves with their beliefs, the world would be a lot less violent. And how could that be with religion all for spreading good will, etc.? But ever since the beginning of mankind people have had different beliefs. One cave painting depicts a female god, the other a male, etc.

4. In conclusion, humans need to feel connected. We need to feel like we were created by something, that something out there really cares about us. And I think that that's just fine. It's when people try to force other people to believe in the exact same thing that everyone else believes in (because isn't it true that we all believe in a god of some kind? Even atheists believe in the Big Bang, which in a way is a sort of god), that things get ugly. So how come we still have missionaries? How come, we, America, the country all for freedom of beliefs, has a pledge with God in it. How come, to pledge ourselves to the flag, we have to pledge ourselves to a country "under God"? How come in the 60s we went over to Vietnam and killed everyone with a different belief than ours? Because, in a way, there can be no good god. If we just had a good god, an all caring, all loving, peaceful God, then there'd be no point. There has to be a bad side to everything.

message 45: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Riley you're smart. ;D Lol. I agree with #4...

message 46: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Hmmm. I just think that religion/god is made up by people so they feel better about themselves, the things they do, and the things that happen to them.

message 47: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

I think that humans made god so that people can thank someone when something goes right and blame someone when something goes wrong. thats the nature of humans; too always put the blame on someone else. Plus, humans need to imagine someone above themselves...

message 48: by Brigid ✩ (new)

so true

message 49: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) I think we want to have SOMEBODY there. I mean, it's sort of like Santa. We want someone to reward us. Let's face it, people need a reward for doing something right.
ex.
My dad works because he needs the money.
My mom takes care of us because she wants us to grow up as great people.
I work hard at school so I can get good grades.
My little brother is nice to his littler brother because Santa will give him toys if he's good.

If my dad could work as hard as he could, yet not get paid, he wouldn't do it.
Likewise, if a person spent their whole life being good, yet didn't go to heaven, they wouldn't want to be good. See what I mean?

message 50: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

yeah, except for the last part...maybe someone just wants to be a good person for the sake of being a good person, because they're nice that way, and they're not neccessarily thinking about heaven.

« previous 1