Irish Readers discussion

INTRODUCTIONS > Emma :)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma (danceypants) | 2 comments Hi! i'm Emma, and i just finished doing the leaving cert.i'm DYING to get back into reading. i've been stuck doing the same stuff for the last two years, any change is a good change now!

I love reading, mainly fantasy and thrillers. Some of my favourite authors are James Patterson, J.R.R Tolkien, J.K. Rowling, John Connolly and Edgar Allan Poe. I'll read pretty much anything, it's rare that I absolutely hate a book (the one exception being ''Never Let Me Go'', i despised it!) and my desert island book, the one i could read a million times and still love it, is ''The Book Of Lost Things'' by John Connolly.

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Geaney (michellegeaney) Hi Emma! I'm new myself but Welcome! I love James Patterson too- am currently reading Lifeguard. His books are so easy to read and excellently written as well as being gripping from start to finish. Must add 'The book of lost things'. Is' Never Let me go' a film now- its very familiar!

message 3: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 50 comments Hey Emma! I'm a fantasy and thriller girl myself.
Although I've never read "Never let me go" I've heard it's mighty depressing. I think I'll just stick to Unwind, which is apparently slightly similar, but Unwind is awesome. There's murder, intrigue and suicide bombers in a dystopian future where teens can be unwound for body parts between the ages of 13 and 18.

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma (danceypants) | 2 comments Michelle- it is a film now. I refused to go see it on principle, the book was too dreadful for it to be a decent film! And i'll definitely put Unwind on my list, sounds like my kinda book!

message 5: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 50 comments You'll need to order it on Book depository. :P It's impossible to find here. But it's really good, check the description

Unwind Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman

message 6: by Paul (new)

Paul (taytothief) Hey Emma welcome to the group! I've never read The Book Of Lost Things. It sounds good though and I'm always up for reading an Irish author. Must give it a go.