Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) Starcrossed discussion

YA, Greek Myth/Tragedy and High School. LOVE this book

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

jenn reads fiction If you haven't read it, READ it. I loved this book so much...so much in fact that I purchased it, got Josie Angelini to sign it. I have a contest on my blog for it.

http://jennreadsfiction.blogspot.com/...

Happy Reading!

Anyone else love it??

Sylvia I too really loved this book...I was captivated from the very beginning and I couldn't put it down...definantly can't wait for Dreamless!!!

message 3: by SW (new) - rated it 4 stars

SW me too!

Brit I agree! Angelini has written a true YA novel that has captivated my mind. I loved reading about the greek mythology and having the two main characters being demi-gods was exciting and new. Of course, there are those few characters that pissed me off, AKA Helen's mom. Helen's mother is bad news and is trying to keep Lucas and Helen apart for what reason? She is selfish and a murderer. I do not know if she really killed Lucas' uncle or if she really loved him? It is weird that if she really loved his uncle then why would she want her daughter not to be with her one true love? I cannot wait for the next book because I have hope for Helen and I want her to overcome all her obstacles (including her mother).

Sylvia I couldn't agree with you more...Angelini has totally captivated me and ept us all hanging in the end and wanting so much more...too true about Helen, as a mother myself I cannot ever fathom doing what she ever did i.e. abadoning her child and being so evil in that her agenda is a selfish one something a mother is not...

Sylvia sorry i meant to say Helen's mother not Helen lol

jenn reads fiction I'm so excited and can't wait for Dreamless! I'll just have to re-read it a few more times :)

Chryssa Being Greek myself, i love finding books that deal with greek mythology. When I read the synopsis of that book i said "Great! It has to do with demigods and it is a romantic story!". I m glad i decided to read it and although it certainly takes many liberties as far as our mythology is concerned, i LOVED IT! For its plot, for its characters, for its fast pace! I really cant wait for the second book!!!

Elsa Carrion I just started reading this book and so far its keeping me interested. By the sound of most of the review this book is very good. When is the second book comming out?

Sylvia Dreamless is expected to come out May 2012 ... too far!!

Adriana I loved this book so much i cannot wait for the next one!!!!!!

message 12: by Elsa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elsa Carrion Geeezzz! your right it's tooooooo far off.

message 13: by Elsa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elsa Carrion jenn wrote: "I'm so excited and can't wait for Dreamless! I'll just have to re-read it a few more times :)"

how do you get to re-read it? i want to too :(

Adriana Elsa wrote: "jenn wrote: "I'm so excited and can't wait for Dreamless! I'll just have to re-read it a few more times :)"

how do you get to re-read it? i want to too :("

dont you have the book??? if you had the book you can re read any time .... yeah im also planning to re read it a few times LOL

Chryssa I will definitely reread it before Dreamless comes out!
May I suggest you buy an ebook reader? that way you have all your books with you! I have 2 and i m totally IN LOVE with them, especially one sold from the greatest bookstore online(you know which i mean, i dont know if i can talk about it here!). :o)

message 16: by Elsa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elsa Carrion Adriana wrote: "Elsa wrote: "jenn wrote: "I'm so excited and can't wait for Dreamless! I'll just have to re-read it a few more times :)"

how do you get to re-read it? i want to too :("

dont you have the book???..."

Never mind i though you already had Dramless and were already reaading it. though you had the hook up with the publishing company or the author. :) and i probably will also re-read Starcrosed befroe the Dreamless comes out since they take forever to get the next book out.

message 17: by Elsa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elsa Carrion Chryssa wrote: "I will definitely reread it before Dreamless comes out!
May I suggest you buy an ebook reader? that way you have all your books with you! I have 2 and i m totally IN LOVE with them, especially one..."

i have one but don't really get to use it becuase i work in a Jail and they kind of frown on bringing in electronic devices. So that one is out for me, I have to lug around the books :( until they change policy which is doubtful.

Adriana Elsa wrote: "Chryssa wrote: "I will definitely reread it before Dreamless comes out!
May I suggest you buy an ebook reader? that way you have all your books with you! I have 2 and i m totally IN LOVE with the..."

wow you work in a jail thats really interesting men or womans???

message 19: by Elsa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elsa Carrion It's a jail so we hold both male and females. the prisons are the ones that hold either males or females. We hold the individuals (inmates) that are still in the process of being found inocent or guilty. Prisnons are for individuals that are already found guilty. Not as exciting as you think it is, most inmates are well behaved, although some do get loud.

Janae This book for me was interesting because this story background was something I hadn't heard of and was interested to find out about. It was like nothing else I've read and I have read alot of books!
I thought that Helen was a character that caught on quick when given the information that was vital to her survival. In the beginning Lucas was annoying and then in the end I fell for him too and then her mother comes to ruin everything!!

Aria ・❥・Midnight Perusing ˚ · . I love this this book! ^____________^

Karina I love the book!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's such a great story and I can't wait for the second book to come out to find out what happens with Lucas, Helen, Hector and Helen's mom. Josephine did such a great job with the story and the characters. I finished the book like in two days.

Janae Karina wrote: "I love the book!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's such a great story and I can't wait for the second book to come out to find out what happens with Lucas, Helen, Hector and Helen's mom. Josephine did such a great..."

Me too and it kept me preoccupied and interested! Can't wait to see what changed and happens!

message 24: by Kyla (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kyla I ABSOLUTELY LOVEEEE THIS BOOK!!!! It's an amazing read. I loved everything about this book. I couldn't put it down! I can't wait to see what happens with Helen and Lucas and when they would realize that Helen is NOT THEIR COUSIN!!! (at least i hope she's not. Otherwise i will be pretty sad ):

Aimen16 looovvvvveeeeeeeeeee this book. its simply awesome

message 26: by Ber (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ber I have to say when i saw the cover (UK /Ireland Version) That i was completely turned ooff, but then low and behold, my library gets it in! I borrowed it and absoloutly fell in love with it! I cant wait till the next one comes out and will definatly be buying Starcrossed for my own bookshelf :)

Claudia jenn wrote: "If you haven't read it, READ it. I loved this book so much...so much in fact that I purchased it, got Josie Angelini to sign it. I have a contest on my blog for it.

http://jennreadsfiction.blogs..."

Yeah, me too!!! I Nougat the Book as an audio book and I'm totally fascinated by the plot. I really love everything concerning the greek mythology. Therefore I also love the whole Percy Jackson series. But this book captivated me from the first moment. Awesome!!!!

Claudia Claudia wrote: "jenn wrote: "If you haven't read it, READ it. I loved this book so much...so much in fact that I purchased it, got Josie Angelini to sign it. I have a contest on my blog for it.

http://jennreadsfi..."

Sorry, guys, for the typing error - the automatic correction program on my ipad played a trick on me. I meant I bought this book as an audio book.. Sometimes my fingers on the keyboard are much faster than everything else ;-))