Study Buddies discussion

I would love a story about what happens to Zitora after she resigns! :)

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morwenna (new)

Morwenna | 6 comments I have always wondered about whether Zitora finds her sister or not because she doesn't pop up in Spy Glass. And i was just wondering when Touch of Power will be out! I can't wait!

thanks!

message 2: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (locustmom) Is Touch of Power a new book?

message 3: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Jul 03, 2011 06:46AM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Touch of Power due out Dec 20, 2011 per the listing here on GRs.

message 4: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (thesophiachang) | 10 comments YESSS! Zitora is awesome. Oh please Maria, heed our call! :) (and Maria's publishers...)

message 5: by Maria (new)

Maria V. Snyder (maria_v_snyder) | 186 comments I'm thinking Zitora needs her own short story to tell the tale of her quest for her sister. Eventually, I'll have enough Study shorts for a collection - that would be fun :)

I thought TOUCH OF POWER was coming out in January, but then again, my publisher has a tendency to send it out a week early - December 20 just makes it in time to be a holiday present! I'll have to check.

message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 67 comments Oooooh, a collection of Study shorts! That would be great!

message 7: by Renée (new)

Renée (maagtablet) | 32 comments I'm just making my own collection of study books! My book with 'ice study', 'assassin study' and 'power study' will arrive next week! I can't wait!

message 8: by Renée (new)

Renée (maagtablet) | 32 comments are you working on more shortstories Maria? maybe a glass short story? about Kade or even better Devlen?

message 9: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (thesophiachang) | 10 comments Yes - Renee you're a Devlen fan too? I'm obsessed with that guy. I was rooting for him and Opal from Book 2 on.

message 10: by Renée (new)

Renée (maagtablet) | 32 comments Devlen and I have a hate/love relationship! ;)

message 11: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (thesophiachang) | 10 comments lol what are the love/hate parts of it? I love talking about this guy, good or bad!

message 12: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 67 comments I would love a story about Kade post Spy Glass.

message 13: by Renée (last edited Jul 14, 2011 10:30AM) (new)

Renée (maagtablet) | 32 comments (view spoiler)

message 14: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (thesophiachang) | 10 comments Same here! I started getting annoyed with Kade and tired of him. I think I also enjoy the thrill of illicit love in fantasy, so the attraction to Devlen was "bad" and therefore exciting lol.

*spoiler*
I appreciate how she explained his torture and horrible behavior with the addiction, which he became aware of and fought off. Really interesting theme to weave into the book.

message 15: by Maria (new)

Maria V. Snyder (maria_v_snyder) | 186 comments Wow this conversation took a left turn :) Not that I mind - I had a book group one time debate Kade vs. Devlen - they argued each other and I had the pleasure of just sitting there and listening!

As for more short stories - there are so many characters and interesting events that I could make quite a collection. I would like to write more and it will depend on my schedule. And sooner or later my kids will be off to college (wah!) and I'll need the money ;>

message 16: by Renée (new)

Renée (maagtablet) | 32 comments So clear that schedule and start working on that collection!(Maybe if you stopped eating and/or sleeping? that would give you the time right! lol)

I've a lot of favorite books, writers and fantasy worlds. But Ixia/Sitia are my all time favorite!

But that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to 'Touch of Power' of course!!!

message 17: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (jennmcc) | 2 comments I'm in that book group!! We are a feisty bunch : )

message 18: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Jul 14, 2011 11:01AM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Devlen's the reason I seriuosly dislike the Glass series. I'll reread the Study series (and have) but I hate the Glass series, mostly due to that one character. Ruined the whole thing for me. Ya'll can argue all you like (since obviously some of you are fans of his) but it won't change my mind. I abhore bad characters that we are suddenly suppose to overcome our hatred to like. Can't do it.

message 19: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (jennmcc) | 2 comments Briansgirl- I felt pretty much the same way while I was reading the Glass Series. Devlan was torturer and we are supposed to just accept that he felt bad about it and became a super swell guy? I ended up being fairly OK with him, but I was really bothered by that aspect.

message 20: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 67 comments Not to boss anyone around (thats the mods job) but shouldn't this debate go in another thread? Or at least use the html spoiler tag? I just don't want anyone spoiled for the series.

message 21: by Renée (last edited Jul 14, 2011 09:30AM) (new)

Renée (maagtablet) | 32 comments Jenn wrote: "Devlan"

ஐ Briansgirl "Book Sale Queen"ஐ wrote: "Devlon's the reason I hated the series. "

I think the feeling would be mutual girls, cause I for one hate it when people write my name wrong! LAWL!

And Kimberly you're right about the spoilers. I used *spoiler* every time I typed something that could be a spoiler cause I didn't want to say something that could spoil the series for anyone. But what is a 'html spoiler tag'?

message 22: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 67 comments Goodreads uses html tags for everything, right?

(view spoiler)

The tags are < spoiler > alskdjfhg < /spoiler > (No spaces)

message 23: by Renée (new)

Renée (maagtablet) | 32 comments Tnx I didn't know that! I tried the [spoiler]...[/spoiler] I know from another site but that didnt work! *runs of to use the html tag!*

message 24: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 67 comments Welcome. :) It's pretty new to Goodreads, so not many people know it's there.

Oh and the [] is bbcCode, which is why it didn't work.

message 25: by Renée (new)

Renée (maagtablet) | 32 comments Well I'm pretty new too so that could explain it as well, lol!

message 26: by Maria (new)

Maria V. Snyder (maria_v_snyder) | 186 comments Kimberly - thanks for letting us know about that spoiler tag - that's mighty useful!

Jenn - I would have loved, loved to have heard what the group thought about SPY GLASS. Meeting you guys was so much fun - one of my top five weekends ever!

In response to Brainsgirl and Jenn:
(view spoiler)

Hope that helps1

message 27: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (locustmom) Maria-
That is exactly how I saw Devlen and thought you explained his addiction fueling his actions very well. I don't think I loved him (or even liked him) immediately but slowly as he proved himself to Opal. He is now my favorite character in the Glass series. I would love to see more of him and Opal (plans??).

message 28: by Maria (last edited Jul 14, 2011 09:05PM) (new)

Maria V. Snyder (maria_v_snyder) | 186 comments Thanks for sharing Kathleen - sometimes I find it very hard to translate certain things that are in my head onto paper! It would be so much easier if my readers could just read my mind ;>

I’d like to write more books set in the Sitia/Ixia world and there are a number of characters that interest me like Reema, Teegan, Fisk, Heli and Quinn. I just needed a creative break and hope to return to the world in the future. And while Opal might not be the main protag, she'll be there - just like Yelena and company are in the Glass books :)

message 29: by Renée (new)

Renée (maagtablet) | 32 comments I think it needs experience with addicted and/or mentally ill people to understand that the addicted Devlen isn't the same as the Devlen Opal fell for.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I could have forgiven Devlen a bit, but not to the point that Opal has to. To me, to go that far, is unbelievable. (view spoiler)

message 31: by Renée (new)

Renée (maagtablet) | 32 comments ஐ Briansgirl "Book Sale Queen"ஐ wrote: "I could have forgiven Devlen a bit, but not to the point that Opal has to. To me, to go that far, is unbelievable. [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

This is just my view on things, and why I after everything loved Devlen.

message 32: by Kimberly (last edited Jul 16, 2011 01:00AM) (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 67 comments Welcome! Glad I could help. :)

(view spoiler)

message 33: by Maria (new)

Maria V. Snyder (maria_v_snyder) | 186 comments Interesting discussion! I enjoyed reading everyone's perspective on Devlen.

(view spoiler)

message 34: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Jul 18, 2011 07:31AM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Maria V. wrote: "Interesting discussion! I enjoyed reading everyone's perspective on Devlen.

[spoilers removed]"

Thanks Maria, but it does make a difference about not being able to forgive a character who does something simliar. (view spoiler)

message 35: by Jacalyn (new)

Jacalyn | 141 comments I could totally go for anything in this vein... short or long! :) And *SIGH* I wish I had a fiesty book group. Man do I miss my great one from ages ago!