Sinclair Books discussion

General Discussion > I am retiring

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex Sinclair Hello everyone, I just wanted to say thank you for all the help and your friendships. I am retiring from the writing world for a while. My books have already been taken down. I have to focus on family situation that has developed, as I take care of my sick mother, but also my sister now needs help, which means I won't have time to do books, writing, promotion or blogs. I have tried to do everything, but it has left me a little burnt out. Something had to give and it turned out to be my writing. I will be making a new admin for Sinclair Books to continue the site on. Thank you for all your help everyone. I wish you all the best with your books.

message 2: by Missy (new)

Missy Martine (MissyMartine) | 88 comments My best wishes to you and your family, Alex. I hope things work out for you, you're too good a writer to give it up permanently. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Missy

message 3: by Mysti (new)

Mysti Parker | 51 comments Oh I'm so sorry Alex! I went through that in 2003 with my mother and last year with my stepfather. I hope you continue to write as you feel inspired though. Maybe in the slow times, you can write poetry or short stories to journal your thoughts.

We'll miss you. *hugs* and prayers.

Mysti

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex Sinclair Thank you Missy, Mysti. I think a break away will be the best possible thing for me. I want to focus on the kids books I have been working on, but I think I will put that off for a few months and sort out my family. It is a sad, as Five Days Notice has a top #20 on kindle and I had 3 top 100 books over the weekend, the book I helped release got into the U.S Best Seller in 24 hours, so things were taking off. I am happy in the fact I know that if I come back in a year or two with a great kids book I know how to market it and get it out to the general public. I am still here for a week or so, but will be leaving soon.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Prayers are with you and your family. T.D. Jones