Random Ramblings discussion

Debates > Gay Rights

Comments Showing 1-50 of 220 (220 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

Becky (MissFooFoo) | 4249 comments Mod
What do you think?

message 2: by Val (new)

Val (theangryturtle) I think whatever happens in the bedroom is their business, and love is love, so they should get be able to get married. I am bisexual and go on a soap box when people say "that's so gay!" cause I don't see how they can label a sexuality as bad. Also, homophobes make me sick. Not the ones who say "As long as they don't hit on me I'll chill with em and be friends." No, they're not even considered homophobes. I'm talking about the people who say "if my children are ever gay I will beat the queer out of them or disown them!"

message 3: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

Sarah (agentsd) | 11810 comments Mod
This is something I feel so passionately about I'm almost afraid to participate in discussions. People who appose gay marriage fill me with a murderous rage, and a really deep pain. It makes me feel sick.

OF COURSE gay people should be able to get married, and yes, love is love. Some people are just too stupid and close-minded to see it that way.

Homophobes piss me off more than anything else in the world. Excuse my language, but I warned you about my murderous rage.

message 4: by Val (new)

Val (theangryturtle) ^Agreed. Escpecially the religious ones. I have nothing against Christians, but I hate it when they say "fags will burn in hell!" ((get it :3))

message 5: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

I agree with you about the religious ones. I have nothing against religion, but really they should mind their own business and keep their opinions to themselves. We once had neighbors that kept trying to "save" us... It was pretty annoying.

message 6: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

But now I'm just talking about religion in general. We have a tendeny here to go kind of off topic.

message 7: by Val (new)

Val (theangryturtle) Agreed!!
Did you get my joke? Fags will burn in he'll? Cause, fags are cigarettes as well....;3

message 8: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

LOL yes!!!! It was even funnier since you were talking about Christians. XD XD XD XD

message 9: by Val (new)

Val (theangryturtle) Haha, psh ain't I hilarious?

message 10: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

Yes, yes you are. And very modest, too. ;)

message 11: by Val (new)

Val (theangryturtle) Wooden wooden spoon....

See what autocorrect does to me? ^

message 12: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

I think people have any right to marry who ever they want. It's not up to other people to decided for them. Love is love and if you love somebody then you love them.

There was something I was listening to on the radio last night on the way to the Queensland Red's game and they were saying whether they were going to let a gay priest continue he's job.
HOW STUPID! Just because he's gay, they are considering whether he should continue! Who cares?

message 13: by Val (new)

Val (theangryturtle) Agreed!

message 14: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

Thank you!

message 15: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

YAY EVERYONE IN THIS GROUP HAS A BRAIN!!!

message 16: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (Gabby123) | 853 comments I agree, who cares about what sexuality someone is? How does that make it OK to discriminate against them? All that matters is if they love each other, and if they do, they have every right to get married, just as much as a straight couple.

Homophobes also make me really...just...MAD. They're just so near-sighted and stupid, and can't stand the fact that someone is different to them!

message 17: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

Gabby wrote: "I agree, who cares about what sexuality someone is? How does that make it OK to discriminate against them? All that matters is if they love each other, and if they do, they have every right to get ..."

*applauds at the awesomeness*

message 18: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

Gabby wrote: "I agree, who cares about what sexuality someone is? How does that make it OK to discriminate against them? All that matters is if they love each other, and if they do, they have every right to get ..."

I agree with everything you said!

message 19: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (Gabby123) | 853 comments Everyone here is pretty damn awesome :P

message 20: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

:D

message 21: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 30 comments Sexuality is merely one of a person's quialities, and a rather insignificant one as well. We should not judge people by that. Most homosexual are good and harmless, they are just normal people; there's no reason that they shouldn't marry. I don't quite understand why people dislike one another by their sexualities or races or something of that sort; they can't stand difference. But we are in 21th century!
Some time when a politician wants to discredit another politician, he says he is a gay, but he is actually not. And even if he is a homosexual, it doesn't matter. Being homosexual does not and will never cloud a person't sense. Why people view homosexuality with bias? They are just stupid.

message 22: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

Jenny wrote: "Sexuality is merely one of a person's quialities, and a rather insignificant one as well. We should not judge people by that. Most homosexual are good and harmless, they are just normal people; the..."

Absolutely. Hurray, our members contiue to show us that they have brains. Go members!

message 23: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

GO MEMEBERS!

message 24: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 30 comments Another brainless reason I suppport gay right: Albus Dumbledore is a gay!

message 25: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

Haha, reminds me of my favorite book series. There is a gay couple, but the author never draws attention to the fact that they're gay. Basically, it's:

"This guy and this guy lived together here..."

Another way of saying:

"Yes, they're gay. So?"

message 26: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (last edited Jul 06, 2011 06:46PM) (new)

It was a bold move, especially considering this is in middle grade fiction. It has a few reviews going around with idiot parents complaining about the characters. Some people are such morons...

message 27: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 30 comments Gee, what's that book's name?
It sounds interesting XD

message 28: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

The Name of This Book Is Secret. :) It's a fantastic series!

....and yes Becky, I am indeed talking about "that Bosch guy" again. XD

message 29: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

Oh, yuck!

Glinda the Gallifreyan What's wrong with homosexuals? Answer: NOTHING IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!! I know a couple, and they're no less harmless than the rest of us.

message 31: by Becky, AwesomeOne (new)

AGREED GLINDAFIED!

message 32: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

DOUBLE AGREED!!!

message 33: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments DITTO!

message 34: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

YAY ROBIN!!!!!!

message 35: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments YAY!!! {"YAY" WHY?}

message 36: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

Y'know, this isn't much of a debate.:)

(Oh please no one take the opposing side, please no one take the opposing side, you guys are totally restoring my hope for humanity.)

message 37: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments We have hope for humanity? I sure don't. I mean, SD and I are aliens anyway...

message 38: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

I have a little bit of hope for humanity.

message 39: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments Okay, fine. Maybe a sliver. If that...

message 40: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

I mean, there are some smart people, like... Pseudonymous Bosch. And everyone participating in this "debate"!

message 41: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments Now, if Trenton Lee Stewart, P.B., Adam Gidwitz, Catherine Jinks and some other amazing authors ruled the world, we'd be fine.

message 42: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

Totally! Except for the point Nigeus brought up... Bosch could be very easily bribed with chocolate. ;)

message 43: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments But he would have other authors to knock him out before he did something stupid.

message 44: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

Eh, Bosch could never do anything stupid. Besides, we could all just bribe him with more chocolate!

message 45: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments No, but someone would knock him out with a brick or something before he accepted the bribe!

message 46: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

But... I don't want to hurt him, I want him to have extra chocolate and thus be extra happy!

message 47: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments But not if that would cause the end of the world!

message 48: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

How would that cause the end of the world?

message 49: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5442 comments If he got bribed with chocolate to do something that could end the world/do something super terrible, it would be better to knock him out with a brick!

message 50: by Sarah, The Random Nerd (new)

We could just bribe him with more chocolate, though!

« previous 1 3 4 5