Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Author page needs help

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simon (new)

Simon Habegger | 2 comments I'm setting up an author page for my newly published ebook The Cricket. Somehow, probably through my own stupidity, I have two copies of the same book listed. It won't let me delete either one -- nor will it let me merge them. If someone here with library privileges could do so, I would be very grateful.

And a second request -- the only place right now to buy my book is the Amazon Kindle store. Is it possible to set up the Buy Now link so that it goes there? Right now it doesn't.

Any help would be much appreciated. Or, if someone wants to give me librarian status, I'll do it myself.

message 2: by Paula (last edited Jul 02, 2011 12:32AM) (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Simon, if you go to the book page rather than your author page you will see two editions. One imported from amazon with the aisn number and one you manually added. The one imported from amazon has a cover.

The author page is cached so takes 24/48 hours to change. With out knowing the aisn you are trying to add I suspect the one imported from amazon is using it which is correct is the one you are trying to use.. If so then you need to delete the version you have manually added. I ll have a go but you should be able to delete.

The two are combined indicating 2 editions of 1 work

Post again if you need help in deleting

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Ok having written the essay above, I have deleted the version you manually created, the amazon version shows on your author page and the buy me link takes you to the amazon page.

message 4: by Simon (new)

Simon Habegger | 2 comments Paula, thanks very much. I'm in Canada, so I automatically get sent to Amazon.ca, which does not include the Kindle books.