The FAYZ discussion

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 217 comments Mod
The first book in the series.
From the back of the book:

In the blink of an eye. Everyone disappears. GONE.

Except for the young. Teens. Middle schoolers. Toddlers. But not one single adult. No teachers, no cops, no doctors, no parents. Just as suddenly, there are no phones, no internet, no television. No way to get help. And no way to figure out what's happened.

Hunger threatens. Bullies rule. A sinister creature lurks. Animals are mutating. And the teens themselves are changing, developing new talents—unimaginable, dangerous, deadly powers—that grow stronger by the day.

It's a terrifying new world. Sides are being chosen, a fight is shaping up. Townies against rich kids. Bullies against the weak. Powerful against powerless. And time is running out: On your birthday, you disappear just like everyone else...

message 2: by Rudy (new)

Rudy Gone was great, but I felt that most of the characters were mildly flanderized.

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) | 72 comments Flanderized? LOL, big words.

Sorry, I just don't know what that means.

I thought the romance between Sam and Astrid was a bit too intense for their age, but then again- it's a different setting. But I felt the story would've worked fine if he just had a crush on her.

I found the introduction to Astrid's power to be highly unnecessary. It plays no significant relevance in the later books. Maybe he'll talk about it in FEAR, but I doubt it.

message 5: by Rudy (new)

Rudy Kat (The one and only Star Girl) wrote: "Flanderized? LOL, big words.

Sorry, I just don't know what that means.

Its okay, its a phrase I learned from tvtropes. Flanderized characters are characters with a single trait that defines their character. They have one motivation, and usually a Good/Bad relationship with other characters, no in-betweens.

I agree with you Ivi. I wasn't even sure if Astrid had a power or if she was just faking it.

I think she does, but it's insignificant. >_< She doesn't need it. I forgot that she had one until my friend reminded me.

message 7: by Moon (new)

Moon (moonstonesandbooks) | 51 comments Iviana (The Sign Painter!) wrote: "I think she does, but it's insignificant. >_< She doesn't need it. I forgot that she had one until my friend reminded me."

I agree. I think that it would have been better to have been powerless. It doesn't do much for the plot.

I think Michael Grant forgot that she had a power in the first place. ;-; Seriously. That's been bugging me.

message 9: by Moon (new)

Moon (moonstonesandbooks) | 51 comments Iviana (The Sign Painter!) wrote: "I think Michael Grant forgot that she had a power in the first place. ;-; Seriously. That's been bugging me."

Same here. We only know that she's a two bar. It hasn't really been touched upon as much as I wanted.

Two bar = no significance lulz. sorry.

message 11: by Moon (new)

Moon (moonstonesandbooks) | 51 comments I think that Michael Grant might have made her a 'freak' by accident. If he had really wanted her to have a power, then it would be talked about or mentioned. We don't even know her power.

Exactly. ;=;

message 13: by Moon (new)

Moon (moonstonesandbooks) | 51 comments He may have had a plot line in mind, though. It seems as if he did, but it may have been forgotten or scrapped.

He said he's done writing the GONE series. I don't really know, since he's changed the title of FEAR from DARKNESS.

message 15: by Moon (new)

Moon (moonstonesandbooks) | 51 comments I don't think so. I think he may continue writing more novels for the series. Sometimes, authors say that, but they don't really mean it. I know at least one author who has done that.

He said that he had finished the next two, at the very least. He might write more, but I doubt it.

message 17: by Moon (new)

Moon (moonstonesandbooks) | 51 comments I don't know. One author that said that a book was her last but kept writing, was Sara Shepard. She's the author of the 'Pretty Little Liars' series. It kinda pissed me of.

I hate it when people do that.

message 19: by Moon (new)

Moon (moonstonesandbooks) | 51 comments IKR? Just keep to your original plot line, authors.

message 20: by Dani (new)

Dani Henderson  (astridride) | 36 comments The last book in the Gone series is Light then he's he's supposedly done