Book Bloggers Anonymous discussion

(2011) BBA Reading Challenge > Rachel Vincent's Shifters Series Reading Challenge:Sign ups

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Everyone! For the next six months BBA is going to host a Reading Challenge! Yay! The best part is that we are going to read The Shifters series by Rachel Vincent! Book 1: Stray, Book 2: Rogue, Book 3: Pride, Book 4: Prey, Book 5: Shift and Book 6: Alpha! How do you join in on the fun you ask? Well from July-December *one book a month* we will read, review and discuss these books in order. Also you know we just gotta have some awesome giveaways as well;) So if you are interested in this Reading Challenge grab the badge and sign up here by leaving a comment with your name and blog (if you have one of course). Sound fun?!

Thanks!
Steph

message 2: by MARQUETTA (new)

MARQUETTA (readingromanceincolor) I've been wanting to read this series! I bought book one back in February and haven't had a chance to read it. Great reading challenge!

Marq
Love To Read For Fun
www.lovetoreadforfun.com

message 3: by Erin (last edited Jul 02, 2011 10:06AM) (new)

Erin (erin_w) | 3 comments I saw Rachel's RT of this on Twitter and just had to join. My favorite series of all time... and I was just thinking the other day that I'm due for a re-read (again! lol).

My blog (not really a book blog, but I do post reviews from time to time): http://crazycommamomma.wordpress.com

message 4: by Andra (new)

Andra (goodreadscomandra) | 1 comments Woo! I have really been wanting to read this series and now I have a reason :)

My Blog is http://unabridgedandralyn.blogspot.com

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

@Marquetta I'm so happy you are joining the Challenge=)

@Erin Yeah Rachel is awesome! I'm happy to have join in on the fun!

@Andra Yeah I figured since it is a completed series more people would enjoy reading it because all the books are available;)

message 6: by Marina (new)

Marina (marina_roumpi) | 6 comments morning every one, i've read the first of this series and didn't like it so much but i will take you up on that challenge because i've read alot of good reviews.

TheGeekyBlogger I am joining in :) I love tackling a series one month at a time!

message 8: by Kapri (new)

Kapri (loveleabooks) I just finished this series not too long ago and really enjoyed it! Good luck to everyone and I hope you guys like it, too!

message 9: by Erin (new)

Erin (erin_w) | 3 comments @Steph, I think you're right... that people like a series that is finished. On the other hand, I'm still sooo sad that this series is over!! I was so in love with the characters in this series, and I miss reading their adventures!

message 10: by Marina (new)

Marina (marina_roumpi) | 6 comments Good morning to every one!
How are we going to proceed with the reading challenge? I mean i haven't started with Stray yet, we will do it on our own time and then get back here and post our comments? or we will start all together and we will read chapter to chapter?
I haven't done something like that so please tell me if I’m missing something.

message 11: by Jen (new)

Jen | 14 comments Mod
Looking forward to re-reading this series - It's one of my favorites but it's been a LONG time since I've read it :) It'll be fun to re-fresh my memory with it :)

message 12: by Jen (new)

Jen | 14 comments Mod
Just finished this book and put the review for it on my blog
http://jenisreading.blogspot.com/2011... :)

message 13: by ILoveBooks (new)

ILoveBooks | 6 comments I would love to read these :) http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/

message 14: by Stella (new)

Stella (stella_exlibris) | 93 comments Mod
Count me in, count me in! :-D Of course I'll be joining the BBA Reading Challenge! :-)

www.stella-exlibris.com

message 15: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 1 comments I've had a few of these on my TBR forever! What a fun way to get them read! Can't wait! Thanks!! :)

www.mpyff.blogspot.com

message 16: by Kristin (new)

Kristin  (krazaykris) This will be great! I bought the series over a month ago but have not started reading them yet. I either get library books in and of course try to read those first since other people are waiting on them or I just seem to pick up another book to read. This will motivate me to read the series.

Kristin
Book Sniffers Anonymous

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

@Marina Howdy and I'm happy to see you want to join the challenge=) We are gonna read this series one book a month and for that month discuss the book by chapters. I will post the discussions on here so just follow the posts that I put up=) If you have anymore questions just ask=)

@Erin I'm sad to see it end as well=( It was a great series. But I'm excited for BLOOD BOUND!

@Kapri Thanks! I'm excited to reread this series=)

@Felicia Yay! =)

@Jen I'm excited you are joining us=)

@Krystal Yay! =) Thanks for join in!

@Stella lol. I hope you love this series=)

@Mandy I happy you are gonna read it with us=)

@Kristin Glad to have motivated you;) I hope you enjoy the series!

If anyone has any questions and you want to get a faster answer just email me papercutreviewer@gmail.com

Okay now I heading to the discussions=)

message 18: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (tashaj) | 45 comments Mod
Hey! I'm sooo behind. But if I can be, I'd love to be in on this. I read Stray a few weeks ago, so I can do a new review( I already did review it a while back).. Is that alright??

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

@ Natasha Of course you can join in=) We missed you! Yeah I read the whole series already so yep add your reviews as you can that is what I'm doing=)

message 20: by Natasha (new)

Okay, that sounds great!! I have an interview today so when I get back, I'll get started! :)

message 21: by Natasha (new)

Do you mean add my old reviews or new? Jw!!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

@ Natasha New or old it doesn't matter. Whatever you would like =) We also have the discussions going so jump in anytime =)

message 23: by Natasha (new)

Sounds good!! Thanks:D I just got back from getting groceries, I'll make supper and get on that. It's extremely humid today.. like, impossibly humid. I hate it and I'm in slow motion. lol!!!

message 24: by Bella (last edited Aug 19, 2011 02:45AM) (new)

Bella (beguilethysorrow) | 8 comments Wow, this is cool cuz I *just* read Stray last month and started Rogue this past week! This BBA challenge must be fate lol

My blog is Beguile Thy Sorrow...
and I posted a review for Stray and linked it under the thread for it here. Very excited to join yall:D

And thnx to Felicia from "Geeky Blogger" for bringing this to my attention in fb:)

message 25: by Vivien (new)

Vivien I just started Stray and Rogue last week. I'll be continuing on with the series shortly. It's great so far!

message 26: by Darlene (new)

Darlene | 1 comments Hi, everyone! I'm joining the challenge a little late, but this series is on my TBR list and I have the first three books already!

Looking forward to reading the series with everyone!

message 27: by Heather (new)

Heather Robbins (supagurlbooks) | 2 comments Sign me up ! been in my TBR pile forever! now I have incentive to read along with everyone...gotta get caught up though
http://supagurlbooks.blogspot.com

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

@ Beguile Thy Sorrow That is awesome! Yay for Felicia! I'm happy to have you join in on the Shifters fun ;)

@Vivien I'm happy you are enjoying this series so far =)

@Darlene No worries. We set up the discussions in a way that you can join in whenever. =)

@Heather I'm happy to have you on board! =)

Thanks everyone for joining this challenge! The discussion topics are up so just follow along and comment away =) Also I have a review link up thread up for Stray and Rogue. For this month (September) we are reading Pride (book 3).