Boys Verses Girls discussion

Guys R Awesomo

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kayli 500, Ricky is my bestest friend ever (new)

Kayli 500 | 2220 comments Mod
yea guys are awesome even though they're all weird and do crazy dumb stuff to impress girls a lot. Yea I have guy friends

message 2: by Kayli 500, Ricky is my bestest friend ever (new)

yea they can hurt your feelings a lot cause they don't really think about how the girl would feel.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

some guys are awesome... like my bf, he's awesome... :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

middle school dating... not real dating!

message 5: by Kayli 500, Ricky is my bestest friend ever (new)

good is there really a certain age when dating is legal? JKJKJK! come on I have a bf but we just like each other,we don't go out

message 6: by Kayli 500, Ricky is my bestest friend ever (new)

yea real dating would suck cause your heart gets broken and you break up with the guy. don't ever have only 1 boyfriend your whole life

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurula) I'm 16 and I don't date. And I don't plan on ever "dating". At least not dating just for the sake of getting a boyfriend. I think that's stupid. (Sorry, I know I'm probably the minority, that's just my opinion...) All that happens is you get a boyfriend and then break your heart [repeatedly:] when you break up. Plus when I FINALLY meet the right person and want to get married, I don't want to have this long list of previous boyfriends that I wasted so much on. But I'm not a hardcore courtship person either, I think that both are extremes. I'm somewhere in the middle.
And I don't think I'm mature enough to date, and frankly I don't know any guys that I would want to date right now anyway... ;)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

ok...... very interesting. you do have a point

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

you don't plan on dating until your sure that you'll want to marry them? well, no offense, but i think that's kid of stupid. you aren't going to fall in love the minute you meet someone.

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurula) ^No, that's actually not what I said at all. What I don't want to do is date a bunch of guys right now, when I'm 16. What's the point? What are the odds of having a boyfriend when you are that young? I don't know about you, but I'm not planning on getting married when I'm 16, 17, 18.
By the time that I'm ready to get married, and there is a guy that I'm interested in getting to know better, and perhaps to marry, I would date THEN.

What I meant was that I don't really understand the benefits of dating young... unless you want to get your heart broken...

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

If you really like them, it's not just to date people just to be dating. My friend's brother has been dating the same girl since middle school and he's 31, and they just recently got married. Just because you've been dating for a while doesn't mean you'll be getting married.

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurula) That's really cool about your friend's brother. And it would be awesome if that happened all the time, it just makes me really sad to see a lot of my friends with someone else, and then have to see them going through all the pain of breaking up. Almost all the time kids I see dating aren't mature enough to be in that kind of relationship.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

ok, religion doesn't matter! i'm dating a guy who's catholic, and i'm atheist! we don't discuss religion!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

personally, i have nothing wrong with religios people. but it's when they start thinking that they're better than people or start to hate a certain kind of people because of their religion when it gets annoying.

message 15: by Sol (new)

Sol | 27 comments i understand what your saying Laura, about not dating until your older, and thats smart. but i also think that in when it comes to the heart, a lot of strange things start happening and if someone wants to start dating before they turn 18, thats totally their choice. it all comes down to what you think and the choices you make, and everyone should be able to make their choices on their own. Some of us want to wait till were older because we think its more reasonable, and some of us just go with whatever we feel like doing. im kind of a mixture of both so i could support both arguments!

message 16: by Kayli 500, Ricky is my bestest friend ever (new)

I know religious people who you really can't say oh my God around them,you have to say Oh my gosh around them and it's because they don't say god's name in vain. Ands they like only listen to Christian music and some religious people only talk about their religion. at least 2 of my friends are religous people. one of them only talks about Christians all the time.

message 17: by Kayli 500, Ricky is my bestest friend ever (new)

yea it makes me confused and I like some Christian songs.

message 18: by Sol (new)

Sol | 27 comments its funny, when i was younger i used to be a STONG believer in god and jesus christ and i would pray before lunch and when i woke up and before dinner, i would NEVER say o my god and yelled at my friends whenever they did... but now, ive seen a little more of the world then when i was little, and i dont know what to believe anymore.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

i wasn't saying you guys were thinking you were better, i'm speaking about some other people. i've met peole who think they're better because they're christian and they have a relationship with god.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

i wasn't talking about you though! i was saying what annoys me! and you guys happened to fall under the catagory of disliking people because of your religion.

message 21: by C'est Moi ♪ (new)

C'est Moi ♪ Personally, I think that I'm too young to date. Plus my parents wouldn't let me date until I'm like, 17 so...
Besides, I'd rather have guys for best friends/friends than for boyfriends, you know? Friends last a lot longer than most dates do, and plus it's not as awkward (to me) as some bf/gf situations are.

message 22: by katie (new)

katie (phunnynygirlwindstreamnet) i don't believe in dating when people are in middle school and high school. even though i have wanted so bad to have a boyfriend, i think that dating when you are not old enough to get married is not a good thing. =) i mean, i think it's ok to like someone and maybe even know that they like you back but i try to make sure that i don't take it too far and let it control my life and date and that kind of stuff. i will do that when i find someone in college. but it will be more like haning out and learning more about wach other.

hey, sol, can i ask you a few questions about your beliefs? if so that's awesome but if not i'm cool with that too. ;)

message 23: by C'est Moi ♪ (new)

C'est Moi ♪ Yeah Katie, I totally agree with you on that!

message 24: by katie (new)

katie (phunnynygirlwindstreamnet) tanx! lol
and guys rock!! haha =D

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

why is it not alright to date in middle school or high school? it's not like your doing anyhing serious.

message 26: by katie (new)

katie (phunnynygirlwindstreamnet) well, what if a girl dates like 6 different guys in 6 months of high school or middle school. she has "trained" herself, in a manner of speaking, to be able to break up and not be faithful to one boy. that is a good setter-upper for divorce in marriage. but then, you might not have a prob with that either....

dating is kinda pointless at that age anyway...

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

well now dating just to date is pointless. i've had a boyfriend for the past 5 monthes. if you take things slow, it will last longer and you'll build up more trust.

message 28: by katie (new)

katie (phunnynygirlwindstreamnet) that's awesome! if you can stay faithful to one person than that is exactly what dating should be!!

i have moments of nonthinkingness *miranda* (miranda1194) | 537 comments Yup!

Kenna lover,
i agree with you. I will not date a guy who is not a Christian. I believe that light and dark are not to join in marriage. Dating to trying to find out if u want to marry that person...therefore i will not date a non-Christian guy.

Rosemary,
I do hope very much that u will someday love God as much as u possibly can...my heart aches 4 u.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

This is good discussion (:

I'm pretty sure middle-schoolers - highschoolers know hardly anything about the opposite sex. Of course, they know how to "get" them, and maybe how to deal with them (not really though). But do you really know what's going on inside their heads? Lemme tell you, we think TOTALLY different. Why deal with that as a younger person?

I totally agree with Laura. Why break your heart (IN MOST CASES) for someone that you'll probably never forget and never see again. Every boy you date is like luggage, do you want to be carrying that up to your altar and beyond? Seems rather pointless and selfish in the grand scheme of things. Saving your heart (yup not just your physical purity) for your husband is one of the biggest gifts you will ever give him.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't let "your heart ache for me," I prayed to the devil and promised him my soul today after school... that is, if he exsists.
oh, and about the boy thing, my bf and i were best friends and talked a lot before we started going out, and we take thing slow. we weren't like kissing on the first day. in fact, we didn't even hug until after 2 monthes!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

That's exactly why I sold my soul to the devil if they exsist. I don't want to be stuck in a place where everyone says gay is wrong and everyone looks up to this one character. plus, i bet the devil is someone like Albert Einstein. Someone who belived in science too much to bow down to god.

message 33: by Kayli 500, Ricky is my bestest friend ever (new)

Satan is a devil and he tells you to do stuff you don't want to do. God is real and I wish you'd see that,don't worry I'm not judging your religion,you choose to believe what you want to believe, Heaven is a wonderful place and you can't get sick or dirty and once you die,no second life,not really.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

ok, according to that articl, you can't say for sure god isn't real. you also can't say for sure that god is real. so if you are going to say for sure based on faith, which is not proof at all, that god is real, then i'm saying that god isn't real based on faith.
i think my personality would clash to much with all the god worshiping dead people in heaven. i think i'll enjoy hell more with all the gay people and people that support gay people.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

hell yeah! we can party till we're purple! while all you angels are up in heaven bowing down to god... if he's real.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

btw, I'M NEVER CHANGING MY RELIGION.

message 37: by Kayli 500, Ricky is my bestest friend ever (new)

OK this is my group and please no fighting. This is just our opinions for this discussion.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

ok then. i'll stop trying to do something i was never trying to do in the first place.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

i don't know what that is, and if it's the bible, the NO.

message 40: by Kayli 500, Ricky is my bestest friend ever (new)

OK enough. Rosemay it's OK that you don't believe in God

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Ever burned a finger? *sigh* You're silly to say things like that.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

yes, by acciently touching a hot plate.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I meant fire...

But with the plate? You liked that?

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

no... never with a fire! i never said i liked it, i just said i accidently did that.

message 45: by Goragen (new)

Goragen k, well, I'm going to go back to the dating debate.
I'll start out by saying that I am good friends with an awesome boy that I really, really like, and he feels the same. Why then are we not dating? Because, even though we really feel like God has something special for us, and that our relationship is going to last, we want to be really careful just in case it doesn't happen.
The main reason I choose not to date is because I don't want to waste the physical aspects of love on someone I'm not going to marry. Even simple things like kisses, to me, are giving away something that has been created by God for the purpose of sharing it with the one person you intend to spend the rest of your life with. Even though it's not sex, which to a lot of people is "the ultimate," which it a way it is, but anyways, it's still a part of the intimacy God has created for two people to share.
I'm not saying that this is what you guys must do, this is just a personal choice.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

well how are you going to find that person without dating? if you just pass up every person you like a lot, then you won't ever find you "true love." and what about when a family member kisses you like on the cheek or something like your grandma? is that a problem? i'm just wondering.

message 47: by Goragen (new)

Goragen well, I think it's ok to pursue a relationship without actually dating. That might not make any sense, but, it's true. Take it from personal experience. And I am definitely not passing up the person I like a lot. We are simply pursuing a very close friendship right now, until we're pretty sure we want to pursue it further. Which we are definitely pretty sure now, but we want to wait a while. And yes, it is definitely possible to find your "true love" without dating, I promise. And no, of course it's not a problem for family members to kiss you on the cheek. There's a big difference in your grandma kissing your cheek when she's saying goodnight to you as a guy who is kissing you, even on the cheek, goodnight. Does that not make sense?

message 48: by katie (new)

katie (phunnynygirlwindstreamnet) great points, Goragen! =)

ok, another thing. how are we defining "God" here? i think that is another part where some ppl get confused...

message 49: by katie (new)

katie (phunnynygirlwindstreamnet) yeah, but this is great! lol =D

i have moments of nonthinkingness *miranda* (miranda1194) | 537 comments In hell u WILL be torctured for ETERNITY. it's not just some fun party where u can do whatever u want to!!! I am so sad that u sold ur soul to the Devil.. T_T God will take u back. =D

« previous 1