Amazon Kindle discussion

Skins for your Kindle (or anything else skinnable)

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lora (new)

Lora | 81 comments I don't want to cause a stampede for those who are interested, but for everyone who had discussed in the past and are interested in skinning their Kindle....Decalgirl.com is having a 30% discount on her skins until July 4 at midnight. The promotion code is INDEPENDENCE. I think I'll get another and set it aside until I'm ready to change. I have a beautiful one on my Kindle now. :)

message 2: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) And don't forget, if you have the Kindle with special offer and you buy a skin for $20 (19.95) you get $15.oo back.

Do you know if Decal Girl has nokey skins? I am so happy with mine but I am sure I would love another. I can see the keys so much better because the decal goes right over the keys and lines up perfectly and the letters are printed on the decal. I got one with a nice contrast, the ocean background and then the keys are printed in white. great for someone like me who got a Kindle just so I could see the type better. *LOL*

message 3: by Lora (new)

Lora | 81 comments Forgive my ignorance, but what is a Nokey skin? Check out decalgirl, they can tell you more on that. They have live chat feature and can answer you right away.

message 4: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Nokey is a skin that doesn't have cut-outs for the keys; instead the decal goes right over the keys and the keys are printed on the decal. I love mine because I can see the keys so much better. The printing is a bit larger than the actual key but also it is the contrast. I think Invisible Defenders is the only company that makes them. They are supposedly easier to apply as well because you don't have to worry about the key holes. I like mine a lot.

message 5: by Lora (new)

Lora | 81 comments hmmm. I gotcha. I don't know if decal girl has those or not. Decal girl has the little decals that go on the < and > keys but I don't know if they can do them for the other keys or not, but I can see the advantage of them. It would be worth asking for 30% discount. Let me know if you find out. Decal girls skin went on so easy and the keyholes weren't a problem

message 6: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) thanks Lora. My problem is just that the keys don't have a contrast. Do you have a white kindle? Mine is graphite and the keys are graphite and it's hard to distinguish the keys. But again that is a vision problem I have. I will check though.

message 7: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 243 comments Karen, Decal Girl does not offer the Nokey skins. I'm pretty sure that Invisible Defenders are the only ones who make that type skin, which you can purchase from them or through Amazon. I would love to try a Nokey skin, but I really love the skin I have on my Kindle now.

message 8: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) What's interesting is that some of the skins are the same designs from both companies. I guess they buy the rights to sell the designs or something. I didn't think Decal Girl offered them. Thanks for checking.

message 9: by Lora (new)

Lora | 81 comments karen I have the graphite kindle and the keys are graphite but the letters on them are whitish looking. Reading glasses doesn't help? so with one of the nokey skins the keys are a contrasting color from the rest of the skin or what? I need to see one of those things..I don't understand.

message 10: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 243 comments Lora, go to Amazon.com and search for Nokey Kindle skins and a lot will come up.

message 11: by Lora (new)

Lora | 81 comments What I meant was, I'd like to see one in person. I looked them up on amazon but couldn't really tell if the letters were any bigger that what's already on the kindle. But if Karen already has one and says they are, then they must be. lol I don't know if I'd like the little buttons covered up like that. :(

message 12: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 243 comments The only reason it appeals to me is I'm not crazy about the graphite color on the Kindle. I feel like almost any skin I see on it, those graphite keys just stick out like a sore thumb. Any Kindles I buy in the future will be white, if it's offered.

message 13: by Lora (new)

Lora | 81 comments Yea the graphite is kind of dull without a skin, but the skin I have now has some dark in it and it just kind of blends in nicely. I think if I had the white, the white keys would kind of clash with some of the more warm earthy colors. But on the other hand, the white would look really nice with some of the brighter pretty florals or something. So I guess I can see covering the keys up occasionally. :)

message 14: by Helen (new)

Helen I prefer the graphite.

message 15: by Everly (new)

Everly Anders | 71 comments Lora wrote: "I don't want to cause a stampede for those who are interested, but for everyone who had discussed in the past and are interested in skinning their Kindle....Decalgirl.com is having a 30% discount o..."

Thank you so much! I am totally getting one!
Elle
ellelapraim.com

message 16: by Alex (new)

Alex Thanks for the code! I'm getting a kindle as a present soon for finishing my teacher training, so I've ordered myself a skin. While I was at it, I couldn't resist another skin on the same theme by the same artist for my phone, so they co-ordinate. Both matte, shipped internationally for £20! Happy with that!

message 17: by Lora (new)

Lora | 81 comments Your welcome Zee! Congrats on your completion of teacher training. If you "like"them on facebook you'll always know when they're having a sale. :)

message 18: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments Yep. That's how things happen in my life ... I buy something and there's a sale a month later ...

(I have the Library kindle skin and Bullets on my phone.)

message 19: by Lora (new)

Lora | 81 comments stormhawk wrote: "Yep. That's how things happen in my life ... I buy something and there's a sale a month later ...

(I have the Library kindle skin and Bullets on my phone.)"

I know the feeling! I'm usually a day late and a dollar short. I love those skins! But I have to figure out a way to *carefully* remove it without stretching it so I can maybe reuse it.

message 20: by Helen (new)

Helen I was careful, but don't think its a possibility!

message 21: by Alex (new)

Alex My skin arrived today! I got this one and my kindle now looks just fabulous.

I also got this matching one for my HTC. Sooooo pretty!

message 22: by Helen (new)

Helen that is a nice skin.

message 23: by Lora (new)

Lora | 81 comments Zee didn't they have a TON to pick from?! lol I got this one http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/50150 for my second one and this one http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/50163 was my first one I was able to save so I can reuse it. There are so many to choose from and I think they really do something for the Kindle. I didn't realize how blah looking the kindle was until you put a skin on it.

message 24: by Lora (new)

Lora | 81 comments Zee wrote: "My skin arrived today! I got this one and my kindle now looks just fabulous.

I also got this matching one for my HTC. Sooooo pretty!"

I almost got that one myself! Isn't it beautiful! I may have to add that one to my "things to get".

message 25: by Alex (new)

Alex There are sooooooooo many skins to choose from! 'Peacock garden' is on the first page of kindle skins though and in their top sellers... but I saw it and I knew that was my skin. :)

message 26: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Kindles with Special Offer:

get $10 off $20 Kindle accessory. I was planning to get a new skin so this offer is going to be a God-send. Yippee