Dead Poets Society discussion

Monthly Read Discussions > Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (GWDT) - Spoliers

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Lee | 56 comments Mod
1.) Why do you think Blomkvist decided not to publish the truth about Martin Vanger? Do you think he did the right thing?

2.) What did you make of the final scene of the book, where Salander saw Blomkvist with Erica Berger? Had you hoped that Salander and Blomkvist would stay together?

3.)In Swedish, the title was Men who Hate Women, but it was changed to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo when it was translated to English. Which do you think is a more fitting title?

4.)Why do you think Nazism was such an undercurrent in the Vanger family?

5.)Rate The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on a scale of 1 to 5.

message 2: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I watched the movie. I know it's never as good as the book but it was pretty good.

The title change is pretty interesting... If I were at a book store I would be less compelled to pick up the original title. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo seems more fitting because she was the driving force to stop all the killing. Hmm.. I don't know how to explain it... Does anyone understand what I'm trying to get at?

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Lee | 56 comments Mod
I have as of yet to see the movie and I haven't had a chance to read the book yet, (Im doing the HP readalong first).. but I'll get back to you as soon as I read it. :D

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Mags | 22 comments 1) I think that Blomkvist did not publish the truth about Martin because he did not want Harriet Vanger to relive her horrible past that she tried to escape. I also believe that he still liked Henrik as a person even after everything that happened, and did not want to ruin his corporation.
I think he did the right thing. He stuck to his morals.

2)I think that in the final scene, Salander read Blomkvist and Berger's body language wrong. I think that she has a bad self image and believes that Blomkvist does not love her like she loves him.
To speak the truth, I really did not care if they staid together in the end. There are still two other books to this series. You never know what might become of them until you read it.
3)I think the current title is more fitting. Like Adriana said: If I went to a bookstore and saw that title I would probably not pick it up.
5)I give the novel a 3 out of 5. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either.