Chick Lit discussion

It's about your husband

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yoli (new)

Yoli (queendiva0331) | 6 comments I just finished Linda Lipton's It's About Your Husband. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. Not the typical cookie cutter ending. I really enjoyed this book. Can't wait to read more by her. Any one else read this book and willing to discuss. I was only tempted to pick it up because it was on the bookshelf in this group. I love to read and discuss... so take the subject where you like... Thanks.

message 2: by Jen B (new)

Jen B (jennybee618) Hi Yolanda,
I just finished this one not too long ago, and I really enjoyed it as well. I loved how it kept me laughing. I think a lot of chick lit tries too hard to be funny, but this one very genuinely made me laugh.

I'm definitely willing to discuss. :) What was your favorite part?

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenlipton) | 15 comments Hi Ladies:

It's an author's dream to run across comments like this. I'm so glad you both liked the book. Thank you for your kind words.

If you want to ask me any questions here, please feel free.

Best,
Lauren (not Linda :) ) Lipton

message 4: by Yoli (new)

Yoli (queendiva0331) | 6 comments My apologies LAUREN... the kids, the husband, the commotion, I wasn't paying attention and I put my friends name instead.

Jen,
I can't pick just one favorite part. I love how she was the worst detective EVER!!! I love how it never occurred to her that he wasn't the Steve she was supposed to be following. I also loved how she was a realistic woman. Because I have to admit... I would have been jumping to conclusions as well. Even after she realized her "instincts" weren't exactly on a strong foundation... still she kept jumping to conclusions. I'm going to start my new job soon... counting chickens... hahaha!! That is something I always do and can't help it until it blows up in my face. I also loved Simon. Reminds me of someone I know who is brutally honest... but all the same love him to pieces. This book. This book... I rented from the library... but it has to become part of my collection. I can't tell you how many crap books there are out there. Its good to read something that doesn't make you think they followed some Chick Lit instruction guide for idiots. :)

message 5: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 53 comments I just recently bought this book when I saw she made the character from the San Fernando Valley - since I live in the valley I always try to read books with characters from here :) I'm glad to read that it's a good read!

message 6: by Leah (new)

Leah (ljs8888) | 4 comments I just got the book off of bookmooch and I am going to start it tonight! I can't wait to see our discussions.