Contemporary Christian Fiction discussion

Favorites and Chit-Chat! > Crossover Titles

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

While there have been recent success stories by Christian authors, it seems that many readers are already in the faith.

Why does there seem to be a lack of titles which appeal to non-religious readers, and what books would you recommend to such readers?

message 2: by Nike (new)

Nike Chillemi My Sanctuary Point series is set in 1946/47 and is aimed to appeal to those who don't go bezerk when seeing Christian symbolism. Yet it's not overtly preachy.

I think Steven James Patrick Bowers series is a contemporary series that the nonreligious could read.

message 3: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishag) | 385 comments Mod
I was wondering the same thing Larry. I'm sure there are authors that are clean and not considered "Chritian Fiction" too.

Any more recommendations?

message 4: by Michelle (last edited Jul 02, 2011 09:51AM) (new)

Michelle (michelle_sutton) | 30 comments I read Delirium by Lauren Oliver and it was a dystopian novel, but clean and inspiring, though not Christian.

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cathwest) | 20 comments Hi Larry - I know what you're saying. I think there are a lot of authors like myself and Nike who hope to bridge the gap and write books that both Christians and non-believers can enjoy. I know my book Yesterday's Tomorrow has been read by people who don't necessarily share my faith, but they have enjoyed it. If you'd like to check it out, this is a great time, as it's the July pick!

message 6: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cathwest) | 20 comments Nike wrote: "My Sanctuary Point series is set in 1946/47 and is aimed to appeal to those who don't go bezerk when seeing Christian symbolism. Yet it's not overtly preachy.

I think Steven James Patrick Bowers s..."

I'm looking forward to reading your book, Nike. Is it available on Kindle yet?

message 7: by Joy (new)

Joy  (joytdavid) | 3 comments The Waterfall series by Lisa Bergren is a time travel YA series which seems to have crossover appeal. I've seen it discussed on lots of general market book blogs.