Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

Series > Iron Fey Series

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 58 comments I was looking at this series here on the GR site, and saw that there were some books listed "in between" books 1 & 2 and then between 3 & 4... Are these actually to be read between?? I didn't know anything about them.. listed as #1.5 and #3.5.. I'm assuming so, just thought it strange! LOL Never saw a series do this before...

message 2: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (narcisse) They're extras, which is why they're listed the way that they are. They're short stories, available in ebook or online, that take place between the primary volumes of the series and are mostly just for fun or to give fans of the series little things to devour between book releases. #3.5 is available for free right now for Kindle, Nook, etc. I'm not sure if #1.5 is still available for free anywhere. It is probably a couple of bucks for that one now, since the promotional period for that one has passed.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) You'll see this more with adult series, where short novellas will take place between the main books. Usually, the stories do not effect your reading of the series, but only provide a small glimpse into the life of one of the characters. The details are like extra fun facts to help you know more about the people or their lives - not necessary to read in order to follow the series, but sort of an addition.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 374 comments I think they are kind of fun but really don't think they should be rated on here like a book.

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 58 comments Thanks for all of the info, everyone! I'll be sure to take a look at those :)

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 11 comments The series is ok but well at the end of the third book i really did not like the ending guess ill have to wait for the forth one

message 7: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Funny, I liked the third one the most. The series for me is still only about a 2-3 star series.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 374 comments Cindy, I didn't like the ending of the third book either until the last few pages where I saw there is HOPE. It was my favorite book of the series though.