Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > July 2011 Purchases

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Joseph (last edited Jul 01, 2011 11:49AM) (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1864 comments Mod
Share with your fellow book buying addicts what you bought this July.

message 2: by Destiny (new)

Destiny (destinytwilliams90) | 39 comments I bought 22 books. 10 from Walmart and 12 from Barnes and Noble. I just placed an order for 24 more on Amazon.

Heres's what I bought at Walmart: At His Majesty's Convenience by Jennifer Lewis , A Night of Scandal (Harlequin Presents) by Sarah Morgan , After Their Vows by Michelle Reid , Misty and the Single Dad (Harlequin Romance) by Marion Lennox , The Ultimate Risk by Chantelle Shaw , Alessandro's Prize (Harlequin Presents) by Helen Bianchin , The Wedding Charade by Melanie Milburne , A Stormy Spanish Summer by Penny Jordan , Her Moment in the Spotlight by Nina Harrington , and The Doctor Takes a Princess by Leanne Banks .

Here's what I got from Barnes and Noble: The Pemberley Chronicles (The Pemberley Chronicles, #1) by Rebecca Ann Collins , The Women of Pemberley (The Pemberley Chronicles, #2) by Rebecca Ann Collins , Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran , Jane Eyre (Penguin Classics) by Charlotte Brontë , High School Debut, Volume 6 by Kazune Kawahara , A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson , A Company of Swans by Eva Ibbotson , The Reluctant Heiress by Eva Ibbotson , A Song for Summer by Eva Ibbotson , Vanished (Private) by Kate Brian , Ravishing in Red (The Rarest Blooms, #1) by Madeline Hunter , and Provocative in Pearls (The Rarest Blooms, #2) by Madeline Hunter .

Now I'm drinking vanilla frappuccino and sending out bills!

message 3: by Joseph (last edited Jul 01, 2011 04:44PM) (new)

Wow, nice start Destiny. So far all I've got is Green Eyed Envy (Shades of Fury, #2) by Kasey MacKenzie that I picked up from Borders today. :-)

message 4: by Lea (new)

Lea (leadfw) | 215 comments I received Before Ever After in the mail from the GR bookswap today.

message 5: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 12 comments Two books ----->> Forgive My Fin And The Goddess Test..I can't believe I spent 40$ on two books, but I had to have em *shrug*

message 6: by Lea (new)

Lea (leadfw) | 215 comments Lameme1689 wrote: "Two books ----->> Forgive My Fin And The Goddess Test..I can't believe I spent 40$ on two books, but I had to have em *shrug*"

I've been there, too. Sometimes you just can't help yourself!

message 7: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) Just bought The Undrowned Child because I couldn't resist the title.

message 8: by Lea (new)

Lea (leadfw) | 215 comments Ellie wrote: "Just bought The Undrowned Child because I couldn't resist the title."

Just added it, LOL. GoodReads is DANGEROUS -- I don't think I would have seen this one if you hadn't mentioned it, Ellie!

message 9: by Christine (new)

Christine | 16 comments Borders is having a Fourth of July Weekend Sale. I spent $16 this morning and got How to Buy a Love of Reading, Angels & Demons which I haven't read yet, Bad Things Happen, and Bordeaux. Just adding to my pile!

message 10: by Pete (new)

Pete | 42 comments I just ordered Unweaving the Rainbow: Science, Delusion and the Appetite for Wonder, Lolita, and Uncertainty: Einstein, Heisenberg, Bohr, and the Struggle for the Soul of Science from Abesbook. My pile of to-be-read books keeps on growing, but I never know what I'll be in the mood for when I finish a book.

message 11: by Joseph (new)

Got Hexed (Iron Druid Chronicles, #2) by Kevin Hearne at Borders.

message 12: by Colby (new)

Colby (colbz) Finally broke down and got The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

message 13: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 411 comments steig larsson is my next book purchase. my piles keep GROWING and GROWING.

message 14: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (catsbooksandcritters) | 71 comments I just Pre-ordered Inheritance (Inheritance, #4) by Christopher Paolini from Amazon!

message 15: by Joseph (new)

One more from Borders: Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles #1) by Kevin Hearne

message 16: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (versusthesiren) | 57 comments ^ I've been wanting to read that ever since I heard of it! :D I almost got it the last time I was out, but held back...

As for me, I finally pre-ordered this sucker: A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5) by George R.R. Martin

message 17: by Louise (new)

Louise | 280 comments Got this today The Mystery Roast by Peter Gadol , sounds like a great summer read :-)

message 18: by Joseph (last edited Jul 04, 2011 06:25PM) (new)

Got Kitty's Big Trouble (Kitty Norville, #9) by Carrie Vaughn delivered from Borders.com

message 19: by Jocelin (new)

Jocelin | 151 comments I just purchase Tamed by a Highlander (Children Of The Mist, #3) by Paula Quinn .

message 20: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateksh) | 13 comments Oh my. My favorite used bookstore is closing. 60 percent off the used price this month . . . I spent under fourty dollars and got two huge bags of books in two trips. I've wondered: should I go back a third time with a barcode scanner so that I'll know how what remains is reviewed??. Will share what I bought later. Here's a preview:
Lark and Termite by Jayne Anne Phillips
The Kennedy Curse Why Tragedy Has Haunted America's First Family for 150 Years by Edward Klein
Brother Odd (Odd Thomas, #3) by Dean Koontz Forever Odd (Odd Thomas, #2) by Dean Koontz

message 21: by Sheila (new)

Sheila | 10 comments I have been a little spoiled this month, so far I have got The Morganville Vampires, Volume 3 by Rachel Caine Sweep Volume 3 (The Calling; Changeling; Strife) by Cate Tiernan Sweep Volume 4 (Seeker; Origins; Eclipse) by Cate Tiernan Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4) by Janet Evanovich Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen and a friend gave me a box of books to go through... My husband just gave me a gift certificate to our local book store.

message 22: by Joseph (new)

Picked up Night Veil (Indigo Court, #2) by Yasmine Galenorn yesterday.

message 23: by Louise (new)

Louise | 280 comments Got 4 new books today :-)

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce, #1) by Alan Bradley Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins Something from the Nightside (Nightside, #1) by Simon R. Green and Tales of the City (Tales of the City, #1) by Armistead Maupin

message 25: by Anonymous (last edited Jul 10, 2011 07:26AM) (new)

Anonymous (insomnicdreamer) | 5 comments from Jakarta Book Fair 2011, here I got...
Bermain-main Dengan Cinta by Bagus Takwin , Misteri Kematian Poe by Matthew Pearl , Menari di Tepian  by Han Nolan , Stiff Kehidupan Ganjil Mayat Manusia by Mary Roach , The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson , Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie , The New Life (Kehidupan Baru) by Orhan Pamuk , Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer , Maya Misteri Dunia dan Cinta by Jostein Gaarder

And before I just have... on flea market Behind the Mask of Spider-Man The Secrets of the Movie by Mark Cotta Vaz . and My latest, would like to add this The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas Anak Lelaki Berpiama Garis-garis by John Boyne and Cat and The Stinkwater War by Kate Saunders

Really i have to stop my July purchase though I till have some on my list. Damn!!!

message 26: by Destiny (new)

Destiny (destinytwilliams90) | 39 comments I just received The Female Quixote by Charlotte Lennox in the mail, along with a DVD XD

message 27: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (catsbooksandcritters) | 71 comments Today I picked up: Shadowland (The Immortals, #3) by Alyson Noel , Getting Near To Baby (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition) by Audrey Couloumbis , and Death Be Not Proud (Perennial Classics) by John Gunther at a yard sale.

and: Seize the Night by Dean Koontz I picked it up in a library sale room.

message 28: by Louise (new)

Louise | 280 comments Got three on a flea market today :-)

The Wind's Twelve Quarters Volume 1 by Ursula K. Le Guin Beginning Place by Ursula K. Le Guin Orsinian Tales by Ursula K. Le Guin

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Caitlin wrote: "I just Pre-ordered Inheritance (Inheritance, #4) by Christopher Paolini from Amazon!"

Jealous!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

message 31: by readergirl1028 (new)

readergirl1028 | 4 comments Hm...so far I've been mainly loaned to, but my favorite preorder was definitely The Fault in Our Stars by John Green ! I also have The Risen Empire (Succession, #1) by Scott Westerfeld coming in the mail. Otherwise I think there's some school books and some stuff I can't remember.

message 32: by Joseph (new)

Added Hammered (Iron Druid Chronicles, #3) by Kevin Hearne and Red Hot Fury (Shades of Fury, #1) by Kasey MacKenzie to my collection.

message 33: by Joseph (new)

Went to Half Price this morning with a coupon and came home with: Magic Pickle And The Creature From The Black Legume by Scott Morse Fishy Field Trip (Magic School Bus #18) by Martin Schwabacher The Real Wizard of Oz The Life and Times of L. Frank Baum by Rebecca Loncraine Forever by Pete Hamill Ellery Queen Omnibus by Ellery Queen Death at Glamis Castle (A Victorian Mystery #9) by Robin Paige The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce, #1) by Alan Bradley The Sherlockian by Graham Moore The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi

message 34: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (catsbooksandcritters) | 71 comments I picked up The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer and Annexed by Sharon Dogar last night.

message 35: by Destiny (last edited Jul 13, 2011 01:22PM) (new)

Destiny (destinytwilliams90) | 39 comments Just got a shipment of 22 books from Amazon

Love's Labor's Lost (Folger Shakespeare Library) by William Shakespeare , The Tycoon Takes a Wife (The Landi$ Brothers, #4) (Silhouette Desire, #2012) by Catherine Mann The Book of the City of Ladies by Christine de Pizan , His Black Sheep Bride (Silhouette Desire) by Anna DePalo , Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder , Aurora Leigh (Oxford World's Classics) by Elizabeth Barrett Browning , Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure (Oxford World's Classics) by John Cleland , A Vindication of the Rights of Men; A Vindication of the Rights of Woman; An Historical and Moral View of the French Revolution (Oxford World's Classics) by Mary Wollstonecraft , The Awakening And Other Stories (Oxford World's Classics) by Kate Chopin Taking Care of Business The Elliotts (Silhouette Desire No. 1705) by Brenda Jackson , The Trouble with Mr. Darcy by Sharon Lathan , A Room of One's Own (Annotated) by Virginia Woolf , The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton , Cotillion by Georgette Heyer , Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen , Selected Letters (Penguin Classics) by Mary Wortley Montagu , Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen , To Conquer Mr. Darcy by Abigail Reynolds , Billionaire's Proposition (Dynasties The Elliotts, #1) (Silhouette Desire, #1699) by Leanne Banks , Catharine and Other Writings  by Jane Austen , Cause For Scandal (The Elliotts) (Silhouette Desire #1711) by Anna DePalo , and The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 1 (1931-1934) by Anaïs Nin
That's all for today. Now it's time to put them on shelf XD

message 36: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (catsbooksandcritters) | 71 comments Melanie wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "I just Pre-ordered Inheritance (Inheritance, #4) by Christopher Paolini from Amazon!"

Jealous!"

But now I have to sit around and wait for November and then for it to ship to me.

message 37: by Jocelin (new)

Jocelin | 151 comments Just ordered Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater & Heartless (Parasol Protectorate Series #4) by Gail Carriger . I am most excited about Forever. Can't wait to read it.

message 38: by Kayla (last edited Jul 12, 2011 04:00PM) (new)

Kayla (lokul) Got a call from my Book Store today! Sadly, they only had half of my order:
Bunny Drop, Volume 1 by Yumi Unita Bunny Drop, Volume 2 by Yumi Unita Bunny Drop, Vol. 3 by Yumi Unita Onward Towards Our Noble Deaths by Shigeru Mizuki

Still coming:
Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol The DC Comics Guide to Digitally Drawing Comics by Freddie E. Williams II 100 Years of Fashion Illustration by Cally Blackman Framed Ink Drawing and Composition for Visual Storytellers by Marcos Mateu-Mestre Imaginative Realism How to Paint What Doesn't Exist by James Gurney Color and Light by James Gurney

Yesterday ordered from Amazon.co.uk:
Chosp, Tome 1 Le pouvoir aux moches ! by Alessandro Barbucci Chosp, Tome 2 Démons, moches et méchants by Alessandro Barbucci

Ordered for today: What a Wonderful World!, Volume 1 by Inio Asano What a Wonderful World!, Volume 2 by Inio Asano Paying for It by Chester Brown not simple by Natsume Ono Koko Be Good by Jen Wang

Since I got my ereader, the only books I need to physically hold are comics and art books!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Caitlin wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "I just Pre-ordered Inheritance (Inheritance, #4) by Christopher Paolini from Amazon!"

Jealous!"
But now I have to sit around and wait for November and then for it to ship to me."

It's agonizing isn't it! and this one has so much to live up to. I almost dont want to read it lol

message 40: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (catsbooksandcritters) | 71 comments Melanie wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "I just Pre-ordered Inheritance (Inheritance, #4) by Christopher Paolini from Amazon!"

Jealous!"
But now I have to sit around and wait for November and then for it to shi..."

But you want to know what happens to badly for that!

message 41: by Joseph (new)

Just got delivered from Amazon: The Darling Dahlias and the Naked Ladies by Susan Wittig Albert First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 9 (Zenescope) by Ralph Tedesco

message 42: by Louise (new)

Louise | 280 comments Got this in the mail today :-)
The Secret Lives of People in Love by Simon Van Booy

message 43: by Clara (new)

Clara | 27 comments I over did it as usual this month and it is not even half way. I got from Borders The City of Dreaming Books A Lady of Hidden Intent The Love Season The Invisible Bridge The Language of Light Pomegranate Soup Falling Angels. I am sure that there will be more later this month.

message 44: by MeMe Belikova (new)

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 12 comments I only bought 1 book when i went to Barnes an nobles yesterday! im so proud of myself because if i had the money i would of bought the whole store! But i bought Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead =]

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Caitlin wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "I just Pre-ordered Inheritance (Inheritance, #4) by Christopher Paolini from Amazon!"

Jealous!"
But now I have to sit around and wait for November and th..."

It's a horrible situation LOL
but seriously I can NOT wait

message 46: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) So far, got Murder of a Bookstore Babe (Scumble River Mystery, #13) by Denise Swanson The Cat Who Could Read Backwards (Cat Who..., #1) by Lilian Jackson Braun and on the Kindle Murder 101 (Murder 101, #1) by Maggie Barbieri The Way We Live Now (Wordsworth Classics) by Anthony Trollope The Odd Women (Oxford World's Classics) by George Gissing What Would Nancy Do? by Maureen Mullis Murder on a Girls' Night Out (Southern Sisters Series #1) by Anne George and I've ordered & am waiting for Complete Short Stories by Graham Greene

message 47: by Destiny (new)

Destiny (destinytwilliams90) | 39 comments When did UPS stop ringing the doorbell when they delivered packages? My books were waiting outside for lord knows how long.

But I received two books Netherfield Park Revisited (The Pemberley Chronicles, #3) by Rebecca Ann Collins and The Ladies of Longbourn (The Pemberley Chronicles, #4) by Rebecca Ann Collins

message 49: by Colby (new)

Colby (colbz) Got Forever Mine by Elizabeth Reyes after setting up an interview w/ the author for my blog opening.

message 50: by Erika (new)

Erika Nerdypants (serenity1066) | 9 comments Already too many to list and we're only halfway through July.

« previous 1